Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:00   #31
Senior - BHPian

Flyboy, Thanks for writting this thread. At least for me it will be great education about those huge birds. Keep on writing in detail.

How about some closeup pics of cockpit, gears, fuel tank etc?

Abhi
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:01   #32
BHPian

Few doubts

Hi Flyboy,

thrilled to see this review !! looking forward to more such reviews

I always had 2 doubts regarding aircrafts. Can u pls clarify.

1. Why planes are not built in such a way that they can float every time, it lands/ crashes into water. Dont they have enough bouyancy ??

2. Its seen that in most of crashes, majority casualities happen due to burning of fuel. Then, why are planes not designed in such a way that they have some sort of storage which can be disposed off, when plane is going to crash.

Pardon if u feel these queries are foolish.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

10 tons of fuel an hours cruising.... what abt the take off? Interesting read... thanks for sharing!
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Awesome. And I've heard the exact same from every single pilot i've met inflight ever.

Quote:
The Boeing philosophy of designing airplanes is quite different from Airbus. Both manufacturers design very safe airplanes, but from a pilots point of view (and I have flown an Airbus previously) I would say that a Boeing gives more control to the pilots whereas an Airbus has a computer watching what you do at all times (like big brother!). A Boeing is more fun to fly.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:15   #35
BHPian

I double checked before I believed the thread name is right. I am quite surprised to see an airplane review on t-bhp. Amazing and awesome.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:15   #36
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Leave T-bhp, I think this is the first on any automobile forum(besides of course the dedicated to aviation ones). That cockpit seems pretty tempting. I know the airline guy's never let me near one. Some nice pix of the cockpit would be NICE!

cheers
bharti22shresth

Last edited by bharti22shresth : 3rd April 2009 at 14:17. Reason: typo
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:18   #37
BHPian

Man I am sure flying a plane is a dream come true for most guys, me included, sadly bad sight meant I never get into the cockpit of a plane...
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:26   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wow, great thread here ! I have not seen a similar one in any forums. Do you fly domestic ? Air India is known for its highest employee benefits and perks compared to any other airline here. I have seen mostly 'aged' faces inside the aircrafts though !
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:26   #39
Senior - BHPian

Hey flyboy, good review there. Can we have some pictures especially the cockpit? How are the 777s in AI doing? I read in the papers that Jumbos are going to be phased out. What's replacing them?

Drifter
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:34   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Wow, great thread here ! I have not seen a similar one in any forums. Do you fly domestic ? Air India is known for its highest employee benefits and perks compared to any other airline here. I have seen mostly 'aged' faces inside the aircrafts though !
The 747-400 is deployed mainly on the Europe-North America routes and one to the gulf. So thats where I spend most of my time!! And I must say, AI takes care of its employees.
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:43   #41
BHPian

Great, never ever read such kind of Review. First of a kind, and what better place than Team-Bhp

Team-Bhp Rocks!
Old 3rd April 2009, 14:53   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy747 View Post
Europe-North America routes and one to the gulf. So thats where I spend most of my time!!
Where is your base friend ? By any chance you know 'Girita' (Mumbai) ? She is my wife's neighbour. One Mr.George Raphael was my close friend (retired as a Dy Gen Manager).
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:32   #43
Senior - BHPian

Awesome review. Have flown in an 747 a few times. Its an awesome plane. Its distinctive shape is what I like best compared to the 777 and all the Airbuses....

The first time I saw close up at the Singapore Airport before I boarded it, I was like, WOW!! how does that huge thing fly? I was boarding from the first floor and the plane was up and above me by another floor !!

I remember flying at 1020 kmph with a tailwind all the way to Los Angeles and seriously wondering whether we were flying at that speed or whether we were just floating !!
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Great Review. I will upload Cockpits pic from home today evening. It does not belong to 747 but some big plane meant for army.
Old 3rd April 2009, 15:58   #45
BHPian

Very nice reading.

Surely gives a new perspective about planes and all.

And like everyone else has said, some cockpit pics would be more than welcome (provided, you are allowed to post them)!

Regards,
Jaspreet Singh

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks