Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2005, 04:02   #31
Senior - BHPian

OmniLPG makes peak torque of 5.8 kgm at 2250 rpm and Ace of 3.8 mkg at 2000 rpm. The numbers I previously quoted were from M800 which has the same engine. That should be plenty of torque at low enough rpm to match the ace if not out-haul it.

http://yahoo.indiacar.com/index2.asp...RUTI+UDYOG+LTD

Last edited by Mpower : 16th October 2005 at 04:21.
Old 16th October 2005, 04:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Presenting the Minifour by Force Motors

Another contender that could shake up things.
Old 16th October 2005, 06:57   #33
SuperSyn

Two cylinder inline is amongst the worst layout possible for an engine from vibrations perspective. Could affect long term reliability.

Three cylinder balancer shaft unit would have been better.

Old 16th October 2005, 09:39   #34
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone seen or heard of the Arjun- it looks a lot like that Minifour thingy....Dolphin suspension front and rear; single cylinder water-cooled diesel engine, and Jeep gearbox; its built by a sister concern of Sipani Automobiles.
Old 16th October 2005, 09:57   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn
Two cylinder inline is amongst the worst layout possible for an engine from vibrations perspective. Could affect long term reliability.

Three cylinder balancer shaft unit would have been better.
Next time you see a Piaggio Ape idling, look under the tailgate and you'll see that thumper shaking away to glory. Twins are much better.
Old 16th October 2005, 10:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath
Don't you think the Ace front suspension is too antediluvian for a Omni-like van?
Havent found any info on the front susp, except that its a leaf spring. is the cab of the ace mounted on rubber bushes?
Old 16th October 2005, 12:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower

Another contender that could shake up things.
It looks like Force took their existing 3-wheeler and just added a 4th wheel to it...that driver's cabin looks pathetic. I suppose they will be able to offer it at a lower cost because they've done a very basic job...this is what happens when there are no guidelines for basic requirements for such goods (and people) carriers - even roadside mechanics can put together a contraption like this...shouldnt there be minimum safety requirements at least? Or is it that life is cheaper lower down the economic order?
Old 16th October 2005, 12:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Havent found any info on the front susp, except that its a leaf spring. is the cab of the ace mounted on rubber bushes?
I think so....but I am not a 100% on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Or is it that life is cheaper lower down the economic order?
You betcha! And this is not an isolated case peculiar to India, the world over you find that safety norms (if any) are not as stringent as those for passenger vehicles.
Old 17th October 2005, 00:37   #39
Senior - BHPian

tata brought daewoo's truck divison at s.korea right? so maybe this ace is actually a korean one

and its 2 cylinder one??? and bhp? damn, i thought it was some 4 cylinder one
Old 17th October 2005, 01:00   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
It looks like Force took their existing 3-wheeler and just added a 4th wheel to it...<snip>.....Or is it that life is cheaper lower down the economic order?
Minidor, that they(Force) already have in market as 3 wheeler, is a rickety-ricket on 3 wheels. The whole damn thing shakes like sitting right on epicenter of 8.0 scale earthquake. After going through this thread, I happened to see a Minidor and Ace standing side by side. While Ace is by no means great shake, it was clearly far superior to Minidor in every sense. I always have it against Tempo and Bajaj for giving us sub-standard vehicles year after year. Motorcyles is the only place they have done something better, I guess, due to fierce competition post licence raj.
Old 17th October 2005, 07:53   #41
SuperSyn

Quote:
Next time you see a Piaggio Ape idling, look under the tailgate and you'll see that thumper shaking away to glory. Twins are much better.
I am talking about inline twins, not V or horizontally opposed. Please educate me how inline twin layout is 'better'.

Old 17th October 2005, 09:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn
I am talking about inline twins, not V or horizontally opposed. Please educate me how inline twin layout is 'better'.
Theoretically what you are saying may be right, but in practice the converse is true: the Ace engine is much less coarse and unrefined than the single-cylinder Ape and GC1000 engines....of course, this may also have to do with the fact that the latter are air-cooled and the former is liquid cooled....
Old 21st February 2006, 15:56   #43
Team-BHP Support

6 months on, I like these vehicles, not too slow like those painful Apes, Minidor's, Mahindra 3 wheeler thingees to slow us down yet not too fast like the matadors etc to drive us off road

A good product and well positioned
Old 21st February 2006, 16:08   #44
Senior - BHPian

... But awfully rash though.
Old 21st February 2006, 16:09   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
6 months on, I like these vehicles, not too slow like those painful Apes, Minidor's, Mahindra 3 wheeler thingees to slow us down yet not too fast like the matadors etc to drive us off road

A good product and well positioned
Thats very true ajmat. Ace has been very well positioned in the market. I once had a chance to sit in the driver seat, and it was pretty decent. It even has headlight adjustment (to change angle of the beam) thingy in it....

i heard around 15 new vehicles are registered every day in a small city like trichy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks