Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2006, 08:47   #61
Senior - BHPian

I think Ace is some kind of a dress rehearsal for the much-hyped 1 lakh car.....

Good lord, that Force motors thing looks awful!!!
Old 21st April 2006, 11:46   #62
Team-BHP Support

They are really out to woo the customer on this!

http://www.business-standard.com/com...t=0&leftindx=4
Old 21st April 2006, 11:55   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
P.S. I really wonder whether Tata ever have had an absolute dud of a product. One that probably managed to wipe off some off their bottomline... I can't think of one
Not for an entire product lifecycle, though the Indica V1 made them a loss on sale of every vehicle for a while before they got costs, quality under control.

--------

oops - had made the same comment on the same thing ages ago. How does one delete a post ?

Last edited by zenx : 21st April 2006 at 11:58.
Old 14th October 2007, 09:57   #64
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
The Ace is pretty decent, IMHO. My neighbourhood vegetable owns one, and he does pretty decent business renting it out to people hauling stuff.
Now vegetables have started renting out cars. What is this country coming to!
Old 14th October 2007, 13:13   #65
Senior - BHPian

the recent dud of a product as far as i kno is the tata winger..

i havent seen a single at mumbai
Old 15th October 2007, 10:54   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
the recent dud of a product as far as i kno is the tata winger..

i havent seen a single at mumbai
well I think the Winger is more of a rural mass transportation solution. It is just a 4 month old product and in my opinion it wouldnt be correct to term it a dud.

Going through the press release, it is going to be launched in phases and I guess it will take time for it to be seen in urban areas.

Tata Motors - Media Centre

As far as the Ace Magic is concerned, the extension of the Ace will be giving stiff competition to the Maruti Omni. The looks are nice and fresh and the engine is a diesel which would translate into lower running costs which is what people who own Omni look for. Add to that the concept Ace that are being tried. I remember seeing an Ace converted into a garbage collecting van. Now thats a really good idea if the municipal corporations have to collect garbage from narrow bylanes. I think there was also another one which had a hydraulic lift.

Also the demand for the Ace has by far outstripped the supply and the new plant at Uttaranchal is exclusively for the Ace. So all in all it seems to be a good road ahead for the Ace.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:01   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit333 View Post
well I think the Winger is more of a rural mass transportation solution. It is just a 4 month old product and in my opinion it wouldnt be correct to term it a dud.
It cant be a rural vehicle, the gc is only 167 mm, Tata in their brochure says it should not be used for offroading or on rural roads. I Tded one two months back, till date I have not seen a single vehicle on road.
Old 15th October 2007, 11:26   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
It cant be a rural vehicle, the gc is only 167 mm, Tata in their brochure says it should not be used for offroading or on rural roads. I Tded one two months back, till date I have not seen a single vehicle on road.
If I may just rephrase it, Winger may be mostly for smaller towns. Anyways lets not start discussing Winger in an Ace thread. Maybe Winger is a slow starter and will catch up later.
Old 17th October 2007, 14:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

excellent ace..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit333 View Post

Going through the press release, it is going to be launched in phases and I guess it will take time for it to be seen in urban areas.

As far as the Ace Magic is concerned, the extension of the Ace will be giving stiff competition to the Maruti Omni. The looks are nice and fresh and the engine is a diesel which would translate into lower running costs which is what people who own Omni look for. Add to that the concept Ace that are being tried. I remember seeing an Ace converted into a garbage collecting van. Now thats a really good idea if the municipal corporations have to collect garbage from narrow bylanes. I think there was also another one which had a hydraulic lift.

Also the demand for the Ace has by far outstripped the supply and the new plant at Uttaranchal is exclusively for the Ace. So all in all it seems to be a good road ahead for the Ace.

nice observation abt tht ACE garbage truck.. it looks very funny and cute. almost like a toy.. but heres another great execution i saw built on ace by our good old DC for a mobile imitation jewelery store.. i saw this one nr. mumbai university, kalina.

only exterior is modified.. interior is same as stock ace.

looks like a spaceship..

[img=http://thumbnails.imajr.com/Image021_352583.jpg]
Old 17th October 2007, 15:53   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
nice observation abt tht ACE garbage truck.. it looks very funny and cute. almost like a toy..]
The ace carries quite a lot of payload and is pretty quick too, i once overtook an ace on the expressway (it was going to turn off at khopoli bypass) and it was doing 80kmph!!!!

The minidor on the otherhand is a pathetic made for third world, almost homebuilt product. One must try and sit in the 6 seater passenger version (dukkar) once, to feel all joints in ur bodies shake loose

Did anyone see the passenger version of ACE? It seems very comfortable atleast for rural transport. Any reasons why we only see white or cream ace?
Old 17th October 2007, 18:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
The ace carries quite a lot of payload and is pretty quick too, i once overtook an ace on the expressway (it was going to turn off at khopoli bypass) and it was doing 80kmph!!!!

The minidor on the otherhand is a pathetic made for third world, almost homebuilt product. One must try and sit in the 6 seater passenger version (dukkar) once, to feel all joints in ur bodies shake loose

Did anyone see the passenger version of ACE? It seems very comfortable atleast for rural transport. Any reasons why we only see white or cream ace?

I think the Ace has a 1 tonne payload and is a very tough vehicle that handles bad roads very well and much better than the 3 wheelers. The fact that it has four wheels has made it much more stable also.

When you said the passenger version, were you referring to the Ace Magic as mentioned in the following link?

The reason for Ace being offered only in white colour initially and now in white and cream is to keep the costs low. White is the cheapest colour for painting.

@ fx There is also an Ace mini-dumper that was showcased in the Auto Expo 2006.
Old 17th October 2007, 19:19   #72
Senior - BHPian

I wonder how TATA get the commercial vehicles pretty much spot on. No niggling issues, consistent reliability and quality (or lack of thereof) guess they still havent learnt how to make cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks