Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 23:57   #61
BHPian

The headlights! They have returned back to the front grill. A change done by TML or by truck body-builder?
Old 9th April 2010, 00:20   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by btirthankar View Post
Yeterday I Drove a Fully Laden Multi-Axled Truck on NH2 for about a Kilometre for the FIRST time.

The truck had power steering and twin axles and 6 forward gears.
Wow am sure you enjoyed the drive. Since you mentioned twin axles this question crossed my mind, do both the axles work simultaneously or do they have some kind of timing or does one axle power one set of wheels and the other for the other set ?
Old 9th April 2010, 20:40   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
The headlights! They have returned back to the front grill. A change done by TML or by truck body-builder?
Which Indian company cares for customer feedback.
Its well known that the customer will move the headlight but still its in a same position.Its only body builder positioned it in the grill.
Same is the case with AL, FES with a single head light.Almost 100% of chasssis sold will be fitted with another pair of head lights but still it will sold only wit single pair of headlights.
Old 16th April 2010, 16:02   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amartya View Post

One driver told me, "Itna bhari gaadi ko hum achanak se mod nahi sakte, ye choti si baat logon ko samajh kyon nahi ati?"
In English, "We cannot turn/maneuver such a heavy vehicle suddenly; why can't people understand that simple fact".

It really should be very obvious, but we (including me) have sometime or the other been impatient while trailing a truck; this tiny conversation made sure it didn't happen with me again.
I agree. A similar experience when I was stuck behind a truck trying to over take another on left on Eluru-VJA high way. The entire traffic behind clogged for about 30 mins. I was frustrated and gave up for the trucks to settle to the left lane. We should understand that maneuvering these trucks takes time and has to be done carefully, but some crazy drivers are bringing a negetive impression about the entire community of truck drivers. I can only understand the driver's situtation but can't help it.
Once a truck driver told me he has been away from his family roaming across the country for 1.5 months, always on road with bare minimum comforts. They are paid such low salaries unlike the west.
Btw, in some way this post reminds me of the documentry movie 'Destination Doha'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks