Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2009, 15:35   #1
BHPian

Tatamobile 207

Hi guys,

Wanted to know if any one has come across a tatamobile 207 SINGLE cab(these are the original tatamobile private registration and normal height and not the ones available now for commercial use with raised height) which has been converted into a 4x4. I remember a member here (from Italy) who has a silver colour similar vehicle (Tata used to export these vehicles).I think mainly 2 things need to be done:
1.Raise the height.
2.Put 4x4 gearbox with front axles.
any help on the above will be appreciated.
cheers
Old 10th June 2009, 15:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

rally star,
It is not possible to convert old 207 tatamobile to 4x4. Suspension, chassis , engines, gearbox all are different! Please chk with TATA motors if they have some old stock of TATA TL 4x4 if you are specific about TL looks.
Old 10th June 2009, 17:23   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I think the suspension set up is different as well. Either way as Vinod pointed out, it is not an easy task.
Old 10th June 2009, 17:28   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

Why the 207 in particular ?

How about getting a Sierra 4x4 & chopping of the rear glasshouse ?
Old 10th June 2009, 17:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey kundan its surely going to be a monster if you build it but i think so it wont be able to perform that great due to power to weight ratio.
Old 10th June 2009, 18:27   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallystar View Post
Hi guys,

Wanted to know if any one has come across a tatamobile 207 SINGLE cab(these are the original tatamobile private registration and normal height and not the ones available now for commercial use with raised height) which has been converted into a 4x4. I remember a member here (from Italy) who has a silver colour similar vehicle (Tata used to export these vehicles).I think mainly 2 things need to be done:
1.Raise the height.
2.Put 4x4 gearbox with front axles.
any help on the above will be appreciated.
cheers
Kunden, The original tata mobile can not be converted to 4x4 as it can not accomdate the front diff and suspension for the same.
As for what your talking abotu the italiean tata mobile, that one is the TL4x4, which is sold in India also now and is chepaer than the xenon, last offer I had was around 6.7L for 4x4 model.it comes with the 90bhp turbo charged engine.
I have toyed with the same idea beofre the TL was launched in India, useing safari parts, but could not get the stuff fit in the chasis, as for hight the entire suspension setup from a sierra, to increase the hight but very difficult.safari suspension does not fit as the chasis is different fromt eh Tatamobile.
Your are better of buying a TL4x4.

Last edited by dinar : 10th June 2009 at 18:29.
Old 11th June 2009, 16:07   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
...As for what your talking abotu the italiean tata mobile, that one is the TL4x4, which is sold in India also now and is chepaer than the xenon, last offer I had was around 6.7L for 4x4 model.it comes with the 90bhp turbo charged engine....
Are you sure it was for the 4x4 model. I was really interested in this vehicle at one point of time and the quotation i heard was 8.5L range.
Old 11th June 2009, 17:27   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dinar : As for what your talking abotu the italiean tata mobile, that one is the TL4x4, which is sold in India also now and is chepaer than the xenon, last offer I had was around 6.7L for 4x4 model.
@Dinar,

Rallystar is looking for a single-cab 207. (See my profile pic).
The TL 4x4 sold in India is a crew-cab / double-cab.

The Italians did get some of these single cab 207's, though.
Old 11th June 2009, 19:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

as far as i can remember, dkg sir was doing some research on this as he to wanted to convert his 207 to 4X4, anyone has any updates on that?
Old 11th June 2009, 22:51   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Are you sure it was for the 4x4 model. I was really interested in this vehicle at one point of time and the quotation i heard was 8.5L range.
Yes it was 8.5 lacs when launched ,I had taken a test of the same and was really not interested as I had news of the xenon, so did not go with it , and than the phone calls and courier from the dealer started, with price drop every few months the last one was for that price. I have not been to the show room for thetest of the xenon, as work is not letting me. lets see what kind of disocunts I can get for the xenon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@Dinar,

Rallystar is looking for a single-cab 207. (See my profile pic).
The TL 4x4 sold in India is a crew-cab / double-cab.

The Italians did get some of these single cab 207's, though.
Single cab was/is sold in all of the export markets , I had some news of single cabs being sold by TATAs in the TL format [not sure though]. Have seen one with MH reg, at one of the TATA service satations long time back. And I am talking about the TL single cab not the 207DI.
Old 12th June 2009, 09:53   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
Yes it was 8.5 lacs when launched ,I had taken a test of the same and was really not interested as I had news of the xenon, so did not go with it , and than the phone calls and courier from the dealer started, with price drop every few months the last one was for that price....
Oh man, thats something new to me. A price drop of 1.8L is huge!! Do let know if you get a similar discount in Xenon.
Old 12th June 2009, 14:00   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandisa View Post
Oh man, thats something new to me. A price drop of 1.8L is huge!! Do let know if you get a similar discount in Xenon.
Sure than we can ask for a bulk discount too. This discount for me was because the dealer had couple TL4x4 to be sold in year to keep the dealership active for this vehicle and so this discount. than TATA jumped in and gave a bigger discount, after which many people in Goa bought these pickups. The last figure I had got was around 50 vehicle sold in GOA.

Last edited by dinar : 12th June 2009 at 14:02.
Old 14th June 2009, 23:18   #13
BHPian

Hi Guys!!
Here is the italian with the TL 4x4!
Rallystar, you can theoretically convert a 4x2 TL to a 4x4 with a lot of efforts and money, but not a 207, as others have said already, everything is different and no spaces for the rest of drive train.

Ciao ciao

Ignazio
Old 15th June 2009, 00:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

it was exported and it was called telcoline i guess. Strange! it had a peugeot engine in some.

Tata Telcoline 2.0 TD 4x4
Old 15th June 2009, 01:59   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
it was exported and it was called telcoline i guess. Strange! it had a peugeot engine in some.

Tata Telcoline 2.0 TD 4x4
Actually it is not the Peugot Engine. The tata 2.0 TCIC engine is actually based on a Peugot Block, but unlisenced. Let us say *Inspired* by Peugot. Just like the Tata Estate was *Inspired* by the W124 E-Class Estate

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks