Team-BHP - KSRTC launches the 'Mercedes-Benz' Bangalore-Mysore bus.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   KSRTC launches the 'Mercedes-Benz' Bangalore-Mysore bus. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/60790-ksrtc-launches-mercedes-benz-bangalore-mysore-bus-2.html)

Surprised at how the KA govt has decided to ply the VOLVO rival in their fleet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by blackbeast (Post 1359883)
This is good news. Im just wondering if Mercedes benz bus is 65 lakhs, whats the price of volvo buses. Also , Is anyone aware of the timings of this Bus. I want to travel this weekend to mysore. I guess like volvo buses in KSRTC, These buses will also have maximum speed limit of 110 kph.

Volvo buses are priced around 75L. Also read post # 11 in this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...uses-benz.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1360439)

Thats a business trick from the KSRTC. Competition between two rivals. And KSRTC will be the beneficial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb10gagan (Post 1360029)
Wow, thats good to know, because here in north india, most state run transport corporation report huge annual losses.

In Karnataka there is not much train connectivity and people prefer bus over train. Lots of people keeps goes to their home town in the week end from Bangalore. So the Bus transport business is very mush in demand.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kvish (Post 1360321)
These days volvo buses are so crowded that people cant even step inside during peak hours. Earlier they used to be empty. Am sure Merc buses will do well considering the way volvos have done. I wonder what happened to Marco polo buses. Anyone travelled in them?

Yes, I have travelled in a few Marco Polo buses at Bangalore and plenty of them in Delhi. Though they are comparable to Volvo B7Rs in terms of comfort, the NVH levels are higher and the power too doesnt match that of the B7Rs.

Coming to the Mercedes Benz buses, Volvo beats MB in almost all the international bus markets due to one major factor. Better NVH levels and suspension systems. It might be the same in India as well.In fact,Sharma Transports and Jabbar Travels purchased and used a few Mercedes buses on the BLR-MUM-BLR routes9they are still plying) but they didnt increase their numbers and opted for the B9Rs instead ( the new multi axle Volvos).

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1360825)
Yes, I have travelled in a few Marco Polo buses at Bangalore and plenty of them in Delhi. Though they are comparable to Volvo B7Rs in terms of comfort, the NVH levels are higher and the power too doesnt match that of the B7Rs.

Coming to the Mercedes Benz buses, Volvo beats MB in almost all the international bus markets due to one major factor. Better NVH levels and suspension systems. It might be the same in India as well.In fact,Sharma Transports and Jabbar Travels purchased and used a few Mercedes buses on the BLR-MUM-BLR routes9they are still plying) but they didnt increase their numbers and opted for the B9Rs instead ( the new multi axle Volvos).

+1 on the NVH levels of Volvos are much better than the MB as I experienced it myself. The very first 3 MB buses were given to Konduskar, Neeta and Sharma last year and most of these transporters have stuck to Volvos for all the good reasons.

But while I was in Gujarat a year back, there were ISUZUs making all the noise and when I went there a month before, its the MBs as the latest trend though Volvos have always remained as permanent partners.

It will be worth a wait and watch to see of KSRTC will increase/continue with the MB fleet or be loyal to the B7Rs and the B9Rs looking at the cost advantage factors in the long run

+2 on the higher NVH levels of the Mercedes bus. I experienced a Sharma Transport Merc bus pass by recently, and its noticeably noisier and less refined than the Volvo. It also appeared more sluggish - while the B7R whooshes past and is gone before you realize, the Merc bus seemed to make a slightly bigger deal out of it.

Quote:

I seriously doubt whether the babus sitting at the KSRTC head quarters or the politicans at Vidhana Soudha even know what a Mercedes or a Volvo is... all they are bothered would be the size of suitcases handed over to them (And of course the colour of the notes - light green or skin coloured)....

Quote:

Originally Posted by theMAG (Post 1361270)
+2 on the higher NVH levels of the Mercedes bus. I experienced a Sharma Transport Merc bus pass by recently, and its noticeably noisier and less refined than the Volvo. It also appeared more sluggish - while the B7R whooshes past and is gone before you realize, the Merc bus seemed to make a slightly bigger deal out of it.

+3. I have travelled in the MB bus and noticed that NVH levels are higher. I also talked to the driver and he was complaining about brakes being not that great compared to the Volvo. This was all in a Sharma MB running between BLR and MUM.

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaiks (Post 1361287)
I seriously doubt whether the babus sitting at the KSRTC head quarters or the politicans at Vidhana Soudha even know what a Mercedes or a Volvo is... all they are bothered would be the size of suitcases handed over to them (And of course the colour of the notes - light green or skin coloured)....

Its a very pessimistic view. There is corruption and incompetence in govt but there are babus who are better informed about modern technology and things. Also, if it was all about money, Volvos and MB buses would not have been introduced in the first place.

BMTC and KSRTC are making money because there are some things that are being done right. Govt run bus services even abroad run under losses. Its not about the number of people who travel on the bus alone that matters.

Sorry for ranting on this. But, we collectively deserve every bit of what we get in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by srishiva (Post 1361329)
Its a very pessimistic view. There is corruption and incompetence in govt but there are babus who are better informed about modern technology and things. Also, if it was all about money, Volvos and MB buses would not have been introduced in the first place.

I think there is a contradiction in your statements. I am not stating that ALL babus are incompetent or corrupt - but a vast majority are. Volvos and MB made their appearance on state corporations surely because is a huge amount of money involved.

These buses are surely efficient and comfortable, which led to more public demand, and hence more purchase. But, the initiatialisation involves a lot (i mean LOT) of money.

Have any of us travelled aboard the new MB bus launched by KSRTC to Mysore?
It would be great to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, pun intended..!!!!
Also, the operator/driver's feedback about the feel and performance of the same would be great input. I had been to the Kempegowda Bus Stand a couple of times last weekend but couldn't spot the bus. I could have asked someone about its schedule, but I guess. stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1363472)
It would be great to hear it straight from the horse's mouth, pun intended..!!!! stupid:

Many, Including myself have travelled by the Mercedes Buses but not the KSRTC's newly launched service between Bangalore and Mysore.

They are already operational under many private operators (MSRTC operates between Mumbai - Pune). These are the same ones which gets their body built through good old Sutlej.

Couple of them have shared the driver experiences while many have shared personal views, especially on the NVH levels being more compared to the B7Rs.

Are you looking forward to hear from the Drivers of KSRTC Per se?

I guess they will surely be able to comment on two things for doing Bangalore - Mysore

1. Braking -For those wonderfully placed speedbreakers.
2. Maneuvering at high speeds- For sneaking through loads of slow moving trucks and mini-trucks on all the lanes and overtaking from left
:)

Anyone to share ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by n.devdath (Post 1360825)

Spot on - there were a few MP BMTC buses. NVH levels were definitely much higher and even the initial pick up of those buses was very sluggish. The air con inside was also rather loud. Lately I havent seen many of those buses - Volvo still rules :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paragsachania (Post 1363583)
Many, Including myself have travelled by the Mercedes Buses but not the KSRTC's newly launched service between Bangalore and Mysore.

They are already operational under many private operators (MSRTC operates between Mumbai - Pune). These are the same ones which gets their body built through good old Sutlej.

Couple of them have shared the driver experiences while many have shared personal views, especially on the NVH levels being more compared to the B7Rs.

Are you looking forward to hear from the Drivers of KSRTC Per se?

I guess they will surely be able to comment on two things for doing Bangalore - Mysore

1. Braking -For those wonderfully placed speedbreakers.
2. Maneuvering at high speeds- For sneaking through loads of slow moving trucks and mini-trucks on all the lanes and overtaking from left
:)

Anyone to share ??

Hi paragsachania,
agree:Indeed, the Bangalore-Mysore Highway is one roller coaster of a road...!!!! Sudden curves and gradients, trucks on the right lane and 2 wheelers on the left lane:Frustrati...so overtaking space is like a slam dunk, get it, grab it....
Coming to the bus part of it, I was just wondering if the KSRTC version of the bus is the same as the MSRTC one or if they(MBIL) have incorporated some technical or asthetic changes to it based on the feed back from their other customers/passengers.

All ears folks....

Quote:

Isn't that the trick every client does to get the best of commercial things?:D