Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2009, 12:59   #1
Senior - BHPian

Should Trucks (read Dumpers) have controlled entry on Mumbai Streets

Every alternate day I hear about somebody being runover by a DUmper truck.

Do you guys think that Dumpers should be completely banned from the streets of mumbai.

My suggestion is :
1) Allow them only between 2 a. m and 6a.m, and let them do all their work between this time.

cheers,
ac
Old 29th July 2009, 13:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

Most dumpers are run by mafia and politicians (is there a difference between the two?)
They do not follow the laws of this land, cops are very happy with them since they extort tons of money from them.
They do not have headlights, tail lights, rear bumpers, brakes, tyres have big chunks of rubber missing and they are driven by guys with the vengeance of the 2 pilots who rammed their planes into the Twin Towers 9/11.
Debris (stones especially) flies off them injuring 2-wheeler drivers and breaking windscreens!
Cleaning up the roads of dumpers calls for more profound reform, not simply restrictions in timings - and all these solutions are possible only if petty corruption can be contained.

Last edited by hvkumar : 29th July 2009 at 13:50.
Old 29th July 2009, 13:48   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Most dumpers are run by mafia and politicians (is there a difference between the two?)
They do not follow the laws of this land, cps are very happy with them since they extort tons of money from them.
They do not have headlights, tail lights, rear bumpers, brakes, tyres have big chunks of rubber missing and they are driven by guys with the vengeance of the 2 pilots who rammed their planes into the Twin Towers 9/11.
Debris (stones especially) flies off them injuring 2-wheeler drivers and breaking windscreens!
Cleaning up the roads of dumpers calls for more profound reform, not simply restrictions in timings - and all these solutions are possible only if petty corruption can be contained.
Ha ha there is really no diff.
+1. They also cross the middle divider to go to the opposite lane. These vehicle does not have patient to take a U-Turn from the next signal. This ultimate spoil the divider.
Old 13th August 2009, 08:18   #4
BHPian

I go to Mumbai every 4 days from Gujarat. Most of the NH-8 is no headache and one can drive continously for hours. The patch between Manor and Dahisar is capitalised by sand dumpers or constuction material trucks. They never obey traffic rules. They are one of the most rash drivers on Indian roads. If I am with my driver, I tell him drive extra safe in this region.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:39   #5
BHPian

They should be allowed only from 1am to 6 am
Old 13th August 2009, 12:13   #6
BHPian

Quote:
They do not follow the laws of this land, cops are very happy with them since they extort tons of money from them.
+1 on that.
I believe BEST buses in Mumbai are a lot better compared to the dumpers that ply our streets.
Old 14th August 2009, 17:35   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
Every alternate day I hear about somebody being runover by a DUmper truck.

Allow them only between 2 a. m and 6a.m,
But isn't that exactly the time when most of these accidents happen anyway?
(Half-asleep driver, DUI, low visibility, more people sleeping on the footpath, etc)

cya
R
Old 14th August 2009, 19:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Debris (stones especially) flies off them injuring 2-wheeler drivers and breaking windscreens!.
That explains why the dumper driver did not have any regret s after a splinter cashed into my wind screen we had to satisfy ourselves with jungle rule . Aachi champi ki saaley ki ! It s natural when you travel with innova full men (grown up boys ) half of them drunk :-)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks