Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2005, 13:45   #16
SUV
BHPian

Telcoline - Launch

End of August .

Price - 4x4 n 16"rs, AC, Power Steering, Power Windows & Central Locking, Alloy wheels might be standard on the top model - 7.5 Lacs

Its to be launched with the Safari Like Interior's except for the DashBoard which would be retained form the Sierra / Tata Mobile Design.

The rear will have a rexine cover either zipped or the press button type .. so that should protect the luggage from the environment .. And Trust me putting a metal cover for the back will only lead to more rattling .... and limited use of the Load bed, since it restricts the hieght. Unless someone wants to look at it like a 3 box sedan ;-) with 4x4 n large wheel's.

I will post a message once its in Bangalore .. generally it would be in atelast a week or 2 ahead.
Old 1st August 2005, 16:45   #17
BHPian

Hmm so this one is gonna get launched right after the Safari !! Do we know if this one has a CRDI engine into it.. or atleast if the Telcoline comes in as a Euro-3 vehicle..
Old 1st August 2005, 17:01   #18
SUV
BHPian

Euro III - Telcoline

Being a International Model trust that these are Euro 3 with the "IDI Turbo Diesel + EGR Valve" like the Euro 3 Safari. I dont think there are any plans to launch the Telcoline with a Common Rail in the near future,

Unless Tata's decide that its time to get done with the IDI Cast's ... and go with the 3 ltr Common Rail for the MUV Class. Which would make prodcution Line costs cheaper. Considering that a 30k - 60k Increase across the segment would'nt hurt the Taxi (read SUMO) Segment !!!
Old 1st August 2005, 17:07   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
Unless Tata's decide that its time to get done with the IDI Cast's ... and go with the 3 ltr Common Rail for the MUV Class. Which would make prodcution Line costs cheaper.
Exactly my point.. I would like to think that TATA's would (should) revamp their production lines and go for economies of cost in the production of the engines.. That would also justify the costs involved in setting up the Common Rail production plant in India in collaboration with delphi.. They probably should look at the volume game..

Well, we have a case of Innova, Fortuner and the Hi-Lux pickups from toyota sharing the same platform.. Any reason that Tata's should not learn from toyota and replicate the same success story in India as well??
Old 1st August 2005, 18:16   #20
SUV
BHPian

Common Platform

I beleive the Tata Common Platform will start from the X-over Concept Shown @ the Geneva Show ..... The X-Over is designed to develop a common platform for the MUV / SUV Ssegment But lo thats still 3 years down the line hopefully ....
Old 1st August 2005, 18:26   #21
Senior - BHPian

As mentioned elsewhere, Tata's DICOR range of Common Rail motors include a 3 litre version for the Safari and a 2.4 litre 115 bhp version which may find its way into a cheaper Safari, the Sumo or even the Telcoline... they also have this 2.4 litre 135 bhp petrol engine in addition to the 2 litre 120 bhp one.
Old 8th August 2005, 15:50   #22
BHPian

Somehow, i am finding it hard to believe that TATA is launching two upgraded products back to back.. They've just launched the new-look Safari.. And now TELCOLINE.. Tough to believe..
Old 8th August 2005, 17:04   #23
SUV
BHPian

The Telcoline will still have the 90BHP IDI, I was at the Safari DiCor Launch and spoke to a TATA Chap who say's they are not palnning for a DiCor Telcoline since they do not want it to Eat into the Safari Market cos the Pricing for a 4x4 Telcoline would fall in the Safari Lx 4x2 Category .....

UnConfirmed Launch Date - Sep' 2005
Old 8th August 2005, 18:02   #24
BHPian

A sales-person from TATA motors called me around 1-hour back.. He was trying to sell me the 207-DI EX model.. Saying that the TELCOLINE will be launched only next year.. He also mentioned that TATA's are giving a discount of Rs 30,000 on the 207-DI EX..

My Gut feeling says that TATA's are trying to clear of their inventory before launching the TELCOLINE.. Having said that, i'll be eagerly waiting for the launch..
Old 9th August 2005, 02:12   #25
BHPian

the main question is when is it going to happen..is it ok to expect SUV at 6-7 lakh on road?

Any clues...?
Old 9th August 2005, 03:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
The Telcoline will still have the 90BHP IDI, I was at the Safari DiCor Launch and spoke to a TATA Chap who say's they are not palnning for a DiCor Telcoline since they do not want it to Eat into the Safari Market cos the
That's exactly what I was thinking. If they eventually do, it will be one hell of a rocket. Big engine in an light weight body.
Old 9th August 2005, 10:47   #27
Senior - BHPian

So after TATA launch Telcoline, is there any chance of Toyota bringing in the Hilux and Ford launchin Ranger.
Old 9th August 2005, 11:46   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar24
So after TATA launch Telcoline, is there any chance of Toyota bringing in the Hilux and Ford launchin Ranger.
Probably, but Toyota would first bring in the Fortuner and Ford will try to put a common rail diesel in its endeavour to counter the Safari before even thinking about the HiLux and the Ranger..
Old 14th August 2005, 20:25   #29
BHPian

Check out the following specs.. I believe these are of the current models..

http://ib.tatamotors.com/value/GetSp...11&GalleryID=6

Manish
Old 16th August 2005, 17:17   #30
SUV
BHPian

Tecloline Pics

Check this out

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/2...crewcab5kw.jpg

Thats what i am going to order as soon as its launched ..... Except it would be Black

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks