Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2005, 17:36   #31
BHPian

Cool stuff dude.. I might want a couple of fog-lights at the top as well.. BTW, I seriously hope that the rear-seat comfort of the Telcoline is at par with all the other TATA vehicles.. viz, safari, sumo, indica and indigo..
Old 7th October 2005, 11:54   #32
BHPian

Any Idea when this one is getting launched?? The last i heard was that the RTO's in bangalore were debating on whether this should be a passenger vehicle or a commercial vehicle..

I've waited far too long for this one now...
Old 7th October 2005, 11:57   #33
Senior - BHPian

hey, forgot to write early.

last month when i visited mumbai, while going to lonavala, somewhere near nerul, on left side there was a tata showroom, and two SUVs, looked like telcoline/207 to me, were there with low bumpers and shining yellow and red colours.

are they the ones coming in market?
Old 21st November 2005, 18:49   #34
Senior - BHPian

It is here

Last edited by adya33 : 21st November 2005 at 18:52.
Old 21st November 2005, 19:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Those are Left Hand Drive models meant for export - see the LHD scrawled on the rear LHS.
Old 21st November 2005, 19:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Those are Left Hand Drive models meant for export - see the LHD scrawled on the rear LHS.
I know
It was with test number plate
Old 21st November 2005, 19:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
I know
Chill !

My reply relates to the 'Its here' title - "it" has always been here.
Old 21st November 2005, 19:34   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Chill !

My reply relates to the 'Its here' title - "it" has always been here.
putting a smiley doesn't make it funny
if it was always here how come no one took photos yet?
Old 21st November 2005, 21:54   #39
Team-BHP Support

Its being sold in LHD form in south africa for quite some time. But its the RHD version for India we are wondering about
Old 21st November 2005, 22:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Toyota Hilux are reliable and very durable. Remember what they did to that one on Topgear ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog28/toyota.shtml

I hope the Tata is as durable.

There are lots of these 4x4 AUV (ute) on the roads in England. Some people have hardtops for the rear. They do not look as good with the top on but it makes carrying luggage etc easier.
Old 21st November 2005, 22:58   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Its being sold in LHD form in south africa for quite some time.
South Africa has RHD versions which have been selling there for slightly over a year now - they drive on the same side of the road as we do.

The LHD versions are primarily sold in the middle-east, other parts of Africa, Spain, New Zealand and some other countries. The LHD versions have been around since about 2001 as full-fledged pickups a la Tatamobile). The TwinCab versions with plastic cladding, raised suspension, bullbars and the Safari engine came out slightly later.

Bigman dont compare them with Toyota Hilux...that vehicle is indestructible.
Old 21st November 2005, 23:16   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bigman dont compare them with Toyota Hilux...that vehicle is indestructible.
Along with the cockroach and the AK47, they are the most indestructible things on the planet (JC said this).

BTW, there are a few RHD ones too doing test runs. I have seen one in silver on Paud Road once, and a bottle green one at Nal Stop.
The rear bumper of the truck (in the pics) seems to be missing and thats where the rubber side cladding will go I suppose. They seem to be normal 207 DIs at first, but they are usually driven with the aircon on (unheard of for a 207).
Sometimes they can be seen with the bed full of identical cans (used as weights) for testing the load lugging capacity,IMO.

Ohh..and nice pics adya.

Last edited by sajo : 21st November 2005 at 23:20.
Old 22nd November 2005, 15:53   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33

Great Pics Adya,

I thought that the loading-bay would be a bit smaller and lower in height in the Telco-line and the rear-seats would be more comfortable than the present 207-DI, EX model.. Also, the ground-clearance of the loading bay needs to be reduced to increase its appeal..

On a first look, the vehicle looks no different than the 207 models existing in the market, except for the improved tail-lights and a more polished loading bay..

Manish
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:11   #44
BHPian

Advice on buying TATA Telcoline 4x4 turbo inter cooler, non A/C

Hello fellow members,
I need to buy a new car and its raining discounts this month, although its about to end. I am really really confused on which one to buy.
Now, its being more then 9 months since my verito met with an accident and after a series of conversations, letters and unfortunate incidents I filed a case against the insurer the new India assurance as they were not ready to replace the body shell of the 12 month old vehicle even after a written statement by M&M stating that the body shell is not repairable and should be replaced by new.

I have come across a TATA Telcoline 4x4 turbo inter cooler non AC, near Ajmer at a TATA dealership brand new, but its a 2011 model. They have offered me a price of 5.50L on road. Now would it be wise to buy it as I have always wanted a 4x4 small truck that can concur any terrain. I can get white no. plates for it. Is this a good price for a vehicle from 2011? they are offering 3 years 3L Kms warranty.

Should I but it? Should I not? or should I go for a crossover like Quanto or a sedan like Manza 2012 with the heavy discount of 1.15L. My budget is around 6L. I'd thought about Xenon crew cab but that is a lil out of my budget and I am planning on buying a better car after getting a final verdict on my verito.
Old 23rd August 2013, 22:20   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Advice on buying TATA Telcoline 4x4 turbo inter cooler, non A/C

Reg this particular TL, pls consider:

1. It is 2+ years old
1a. If not used much, then not very good
1b. If used, for what was it used ? TD ? Dealer usage ?

2. 2nd row is not likely to be comfortable for family

3. Price looks high

4. Warranty for old vehicles may start from date of manufacture, and not date of purchase. Pls check this point for this particular veh

5. If you will use for family - then you may want a/c

*(*
The TCIC engine was a simple unit, no niggles / problems as such. Parts will be easy - since the old Sumo has the same engine.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks