Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2009, 08:52   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjoy3 View Post
Haven't been in chennai, but guess one of those guys would be thinking for sure about this educated guy who drives a powerful car slow than what he used to do even as a kid and always gets blocked behind his vehicle...enna saar
hehe the only option is to blow the wax out of their ears to get the way, I am planning to buy a train horn for my car.

sometimes I get stuck in traffic behind a huge pile of vehicles moving at a slow pace and realize today is gonna be a bad day, all of a sudden the traffic clearsup thanks to the un-motorable goods vehicle which decided to give way.
Old 30th October 2009, 09:38   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
Aaaw no way,

That character Mater from Cars is so damn cute.

Why is M&M having toothing issues off-late , wonders me.

All M&M vehicles are showing off those stubb tooth.

This one is ugly. period. i say no more . a perfect example of a bad plastic surgery.
Old 30th October 2009, 10:48   #78
BHPian

My Word! And I thought the good old 'vikram' was ugly. The Gio is setting new benchmarks in ugliness. That too with a Corporate Grill.

Now I have seen it all.
Old 30th October 2009, 16:06   #79
Senior - BHPian

Gio

Guys Rio is much better than this stupid looking Gio. I wonder how M&M passes this design

This was not at all expected from Mahindra people.

On the other hand Rio is much better. Looks good tho it has outdated design. Lets see how it gets the market.

Tata or Mahindra should seriously think to launch mini SUV like this around 6 lacs. I am sure it will sell like hot cake
Old 30th October 2009, 17:35   #80
BHPian

I do not why we are debating over the looks of GIO. How many T-bhpian's own an ace or Piagio or would be a buyer of GIO if it was a head turner.

Given the reliability of Mahindra Pickups GIO should be a success.Moreover India was a country where Santro was a instant success.
Old 30th October 2009, 18:34   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I do not why we are debating over the looks of GIO. How many T-bhpian's own an ace or Piagio or would be a buyer of GIO if it was a head turner.

Given the reliability of Mahindra Pickups GIO should be a success.Moreover India was a country where Santro was a instant success.
Did someone mention reliability of Mahindra Pickups? You must see them in City Market. Plenty. Barely six months old. Literally falling apart. Body is prone to rusting. A few months back, I transported some house hold goods in a Mahindra three wheeler (bigger one). While travelling, sitting in the front seat, the three wheeler was making a racket. Squeaks, Vibration and what not. Even some parts of the body had already started rusting. I asked the driver how old the vehicle is. The driver told it is just five months old.

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 30th October 2009 at 18:35.
Old 30th October 2009, 19:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

GAH!! I saw this in The Hindu newspaper and thought well that look okay. But little did I know that they had taken the pciture from the best angle. This thing looks positively ugly. The Tata ACE is a little cutie compared to this...why ..kids could be forced to eat their veggies threatening them with the GIO!!

Where is the designer who penned the Scorpio? Has Mahindra shut him in the veritable doghouse?? Lack of good design is even seen in the Xylo which just about cuts the grade.

Who said that good design does not matter when it comes to utility vehicles? Ergonomics improves efficiency and so does a pleasant environment. Crude design such as this has not place in today's automobile world. That said let's see the sales charts...

drive on,
Shibu.
Old 30th October 2009, 22:09   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
Where is the designer who penned the Scorpio?
Italy.
The one who penned Gio got promotion, currently in Bombay designing the next generation Scorpio.
Old 31st October 2009, 19:47   #84
Senior - BHPian

i really like the concept. but, it looks awful. the thing is, it won't matter in a country like india, it will be an useful carrier for the users. let's see if bajaj brings up with something or not.
Old 31st October 2009, 19:54   #85
Team-BHP Support

Note from Team BHP Support:

Please share any information, pictures etc about the vehicle in question.
Just discussing how it looks adds no value to the thread.
Requesting everyone to please co-operate.

Thanks,
Support Team.
Old 31st October 2009, 20:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

this word document from the mahindra site has a lot of detais.

2-P501-final-Oct28,09.doc
Old 31st October 2009, 20:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

Why are all concerned about just the looks?

This vehicle only competes with petty 3 wheeled goods carriers, NOT the Tata ace segment.

This vehicle is for small businesses, retail shops, FMCG reach in the most rural areas where big vehicles cannot reach.

For God's sake, this is a small cheap commercial vehicle. PERIOD.

I have brainwashed a FMCG distributor and he will book 10 of them, replacing his fleet of vikrams.

Last edited by sidindica : 31st October 2009 at 20:30.
Old 1st November 2009, 01:42   #88
BHPian

Suzuki does sell a pickup variant of Omni called Ravi in Pakistan. Not sure why MSIL does not want to launch it in India, maybe they don't want to be sidelined as a low-end commercial UV manufacturer in India.

Mahindra Gio launched today..-65164.jpg
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:43   #89
BHPian

Mahindra Gio Image

This is what i found on the website. I think the packaging and the presentation is very cool and the vehicle indeed looks cute .
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:37   #90
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

It is off topic here, but still:

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Suzuki does sell a pickup variant of Omni called Ravi in Pakistan. Not sure why MSIL does not want to launch it in India, maybe they don't want to be sidelined as a low-end commercial UV manufacturer in India.
Attachment 219062
This was part of the 3 vehicles which were offered by Maruti when they launched in 1983. I still remember the advertisement.

It was never sold maybe because there were not much of bookings for this then. Incidentally an Omni booked at the introduction time was delivered after 2 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks