Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 11:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Mahindra is going to launch Navistar trucks. Any idea withwhom Mahindra has tied up and the launch date. It appears that M&M is gonna give TATA and Ashok Leyland a run for their money.
The hype created by Mahindra Navistar is quite welcome. But also I would like to bring to surface with the failure of MAN Force. They have launched their products with Fully built Cargo Line Asia (CLA) range of cabs. But it never picked up and they hardly sold vehicles. The Commercial vehicle industry is a big story as for as India is considered. With lack of proper knowledge and under estimating or over estimating prevailing scenario its difficult to turn the market upside down.
I do remember the lauch of Tata Novus trucks and its current sales figures.
So I would like to wait and watch the success of Prima range of trucks from TML.
From my view for Mahindra Navistar is "Wait and watch" and nothing like an "Industry Turner "as they are making Adds.
Old 4th January 2010, 16:40   #17
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra launches the Navistar trucks http://www.mahindranavistar.com

here are some pics of variants
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-big03.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-big04.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-big05.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-big06.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-big09.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 16:44   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post

As with most recent Mahindra launches, this one looks ugly. Looks quite plasticky from the front. Gimme the Tata Prima anyday!
Old 4th January 2010, 16:47   #19
BHPian

I saw a Swaraj Mazda HCV during my visit to Mangalore during the Weekend. It was almost the size of Eicher Jumbo. Couldnt click the snap since it passed quickly.

Has anyone else seen this truck.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:46   #20
santoshnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
AL has launched the much awaited UniTruck series. The first models are U4936 (6x4) Tractor and U2523 (6x4) Tipper. The cabin looks similar to the "Newgen" series launched earlier. (picture source: The Hindu)

From Media:
"The U-Truck platform will straddle the entire range of tractors, tippers and haulage trucks in the 16 – 49 tonne segment, with over 25 models and a host of variants to roll out in 18 months starting April 2010. The range will be powered by BS III and BS IV engines that are also protected for BS V norms, ranging from 160 to 380 hp. Joining the proven ‘H’ series is a new NEPTUNE family of engines - entirely developed in-house - that are stronger and more reliable by design, with higher power and greater fuel efficiency.
One key aspect of the U-Truck platform is its superior, electronic and efficient engine management system. The BS IV versions of ‘H’ engines have Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology while the new NEPTUNE engines are with Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) technology, to reduce emission. The NEPTUNE engines have been benchmarked for lower operating costs, lower maintenance, longer life, higher vehicle availability and better comfort. The U-Truck platform will be equipped with electronic clusters and advanced Telematics for real-time track and trace, on-board diagnostics and driver management features to ensure the safety of the driver and cargo. The cluster can give alerts on vehicle health, fuel levels, service requirements, and also provide comprehensive reports on fleet productivity and driving habits."

And finally the indian CV industry is really becomming hot.....

can we get some pics of the interiors

tata prima has really done a good photo job

Old 4th January 2010, 18:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
As with most recent Mahindra launches, this one looks ugly. Looks quite plasticky from the front. Gimme the Tata Prima anyday!
yeah! it is so , but look beneth and there is a monster of 210 bhp. what engine options prima is coming with ? i hope they wont use again the 126bhp and 160 bhp cummins turbos for 25MTs of load . if mahindra launches it in 25 mt catogory then tata s will be always in rearview mirrors . what say ?
Old 4th January 2010, 20:09   #22
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post

The web site is asking for a username and password. Sometimes shows an "under construction" page from stock IIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
yeah! it is so , but look beneth and there is a monster of 210 bhp. what engine options prima is coming with ? i hope they wont use again the 126bhp and 160 bhp cummins turbos for 25MTs of load . if mahindra launches it in 25 mt catogory then tata s will be always in rearview mirrors . what say ?
From their adverts ("Trucks wheesing up winding ghat roads. It is OK for some people"), the new range promises to come with very powerful engines.

From the pics, the vehicles does look like a "gangester:, with grilles which seem to be inspired by the Scorpio. For some reason, we seem to love ugly evil looking vehicles - just look at the number of Wagon Rs, Swifts, Dzires, etc. on our roads. Not to speaks of estillos and A stars.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:23   #23
Senior - BHPian

..so the mahindra navistar is angry eh...
Old 4th January 2010, 20:49   #24
Senior - BHPian

i quite liked the looks of the mahindra trucks. as long as its affordable, powerful & efficient, i think it is much better than the current AL & tata trucks.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:53   #25
Senior - BHPian

AWD or 4WD ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddvi View Post
...Also, most of the TATA trucks the military uses have the ALL Wheel Drive feature. Are these AWD trucks available for the general public from TATA?
I didnt know that Tata made AWD trucks...I thought they all came with selectable 4WD ???

AWD --> the vehicle continues to run always in 4WD mode, presence of center differential being mandatory. usually CANNOT be made to run in 2WD mode.

4WD--> the vehicle can run in 2WD or 4WD mode (selectable) .
Old 4th January 2010, 22:39   #26
BHPian

Guys, dug these pictures from last year's archive... Volvo tractors ride on Ashok Leyland trailers...
Attached Thumbnails
The Heavy Trucks thread-volvoonal.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-volvowheel_alwheel.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-volvo1.jpg  

The Heavy Trucks thread-volvowheel_alcoa.jpg  

Old 4th January 2010, 22:41   #27
BHPian

Hi,

Is it a rear-engined Volvo or is Corona a new truck manufacturer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Karnataka SRTC has introduced a Corona AC Sleeper Service between Bangalore and Ernakulam. The bus leaves Bangalore at 2015 and arrives Ernakulam at around 0730. In the opposite direction, the bus leaves at 1930 and arrives Bangalore around 0630. The service was launched on 31-December-2009.

The fare is Rs. 722 (all Inclusive) each way. There is no extra fare for Lower Berth. Some images attached.
Old 5th January 2010, 10:15   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
More than the looks, in this category, the availability of service and spares are the main consideration for prospective buyers. With the nation wide network of Service centers Mahindra got, they are a at a better position when compared to other new comers ( Read Hino, Man, Scania etc).
But then Mahindra is not good with partnerships ( Ford, Renault etc), so very good chance this association will not last long. Also the fleet owners are normally risk averse, unlike passenger car owners. So in the near term, impact to AL/TM is negligible. This is not "Toyota Qualis Vs Tata Sumo".

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i quite liked the looks of the mahindra trucks. as long as its affordable, powerful & efficient, i think it is much better than the current AL & tata trucks.
You got to be kidding. How can an American brand can be affordable?
Old 6th January 2010, 00:14   #29
BHPian

The Mahindra Navistar Trucks like all recent Mahindras are ugly .
How much does A.S.S matter in trucks ? I guess Tata is the Maruti of the CV segment .
Old 6th January 2010, 08:20   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRf1 View Post
The Mahindra Navistar Trucks like all recent Mahindras are ugly .
I doubt this, Mahindra vehicles are Technically superior and strong than compared to a few others in the market. This truck was in On-road test for a pretty long time. So i hope Mahindra's would have made all efforts to make it a sucess. Also Mahindra vehicles are known for long term reliability.

I feel it would compete more with Eicher in the truck segment. The service network would also help Mahindra's to get thier market share easily.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks