Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2010, 02:29   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
So this is the "warld kilass product" that TATA wants to plot against the Volvo.

No wonders operators are not very keen on getting fully built buses from Indian bus manufacturers - body builders like Prakash and Veera put up much better buses than TATA and Leyland.

The old Globus did not have a lever for the Retarder - the retarder was activated while the brakes were applied - a similar mechanism exists in the current Volvos as well. Even Corona had a similar mechanism - I mean, a brake activated retarder.

Overall, this product is a HUGE letdown by TATA - they fail yet again in Implementation. The overall fit and finish looks typical of a TATA product
They also said that the body was completely imported as shell , from Spain , it is of Hispano - Spain. even the Firestone is from Spain.

The Globus can be a competitor for Volvo , but the build quality does not even match for Volvo
Old 24th January 2010, 02:54   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
Check out the Globus

6 forward gears

have a close look on the retardation lever

45 seater it is.

ample legroom and shoulderspace

Tata claims 1.2 kilomete more milage than Volvo.

Check out the Firestone air suspension on Euro3 model
One really good thing I notice is the use of LEDs for the rear lamps. They last longer, are clearer to view both day and night. I am tired of seeing brand new buses running without taillights.
Old 24th January 2010, 03:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
One really good thing I notice is the use of LEDs for the rear lamps. They last longer, are clearer to view both day and night. I am tired of seeing brand new buses running without taillights.
Ah working tail lamps for a commercial bus especially in public transport operated by government.

Phew!!! I think 90% of the buses operating in public transport does not have a working tail lamp. I have seen many accidents only because of that.

I can review the cases in Kerala, Tamilnadu and Karnataka.

Especially in cities like Bangalore, Cochin,Coimbatore,Chennai,Trivandrum I hesitate to drive behind a KSRTC /TNSTC /BMTC buses

If you know where are the bus stops you can drive behind the bus , else you are in a bigmess , I usually check for the breaking sounds of the bus , Whoa!!! thank for the weired maintanance of the govt. Buses
Old 24th January 2010, 08:39   #34
BHPian

Guys... Don't judge buses by looks (atleast thats not how its normally done! ).

One simple test: take a measuring tape and measure the legroom for each seat. If its a quality body it will be exactly the same for each single seat.

Second: Body panels should be stretched enough to take stress in normal state. Otherwise how much ever 'well finished' it is the whole thing will start creaking after five years as flex enter the base structure sue to ageing! Till recently none in India (including the first B7Rs I suspect) did this.

Third: Check the kerb weight. Anybody can weld till it becomes like a tank. But then it will weigh like a tank too.

I understand comments on the exterior finish, on looks of instrument console etc. But thats very superficial analysis. With due respect Veera and Prakash has to go some way before they can construct standard bodies. I think among the normal body builders the best is from Corona.
Old 24th January 2010, 09:37   #35
BHPian

Few days back i saw a new Tata Hispano bus built by ACGL in Bangalore.

SRS travels has taken this, colour white and yellow. Does anyone know which route have they put this bus.

The bus seem to be much improved than earlier Hispano models

Has anyone got to see this bus.
Old 24th January 2010, 11:39   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
They also said that the body was completely imported as shell , from Spain , it is of Hispano - Spain. even the Firestone is from Spain.
I doubt this statement - AFAIK, the body is built by ACGL at Goa. Imported body would cost a bomb, and the product will lose the game by its pricing itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
Guys... Don't judge buses by looks (atleast thats not how its normally done! ).
Unfortunately though, the customer judges the product by its looks. The bus has to appeal to the passenger - not to the operator or a BHPian. The overall finish of this bus (Hispano Globus) is surely not appealing to the passenger in me (this is exactly what a couple of friends told me as well).

For that matter, I loved the current Globus (built on 1616) - the bus is no match to the Volvo in terms of comfort or even finish, but the engine is a damn good performer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
I understand comments on the exterior finish, on looks of instrument console etc. But thats very superficial analysis. With due respect Veera and Prakash has to go some way before they can construct standard bodies. I think among the normal body builders the best is from Corona.
Completely agree to what you say: Corona is a class apart from Indian body builders. Although their design look too similar to a Volvo, their finish is just AMAZING.
Old 24th January 2010, 12:29   #37
Senior - BHPian

It was told by the sales manager in sakti automobiles. the bus has an imported Shell , I really doubt it. Since I was not looking like a bus buyer he was less intractive to me.
Old 27th January 2010, 12:05   #38
Senior - BHPian

Volvo expects 2010 Sales to be flat

According to the Hindu article, Volvo expects 2010 sales to be flat, while AL and TM expects sales increase in CV during 2010. So Volvo expects less than 1000 sales during 2010.
The Hindu Business Line : Volvo to complete delivery of over 500 buses soon
Quote:
The company said that it expects its sales in the domestic market to be flat in 2010 as state governments are unlikely to renew packages which were in place last year for bulk delivery of buses.
“We are on track to complete the delivery of just over 500 buses to state and local transport bodies as part of our consignment for this fiscal under JNNURM,” Mr Akash Passey, Managing Director, Volvo Buses India said.
He said the orders are from nine major cities including Bangalore, Chennai, Pune Hyderabad and Navi Mumbai.
“We have also started deliveries in North India and the first consignment of 15 air-conditioned CNG low-floor buses have just been delivered to Faridabad Inter-City Bus Service in Haryana,” Mr Passey said.
The company had launched the CNG variant of its low-floor buses earlier this month at the Delhi Auto Expo.
Asked about the total value of the contracts to various transport bodies, he said: “Although there are differences in specifications, on an average you can say each bus cost around Rs 80-85 lakh.
Volvo Buses, however, said that its sales in the domestic markets are likely to be flat in 2010.
Only nine cities got Volvo city buses? Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Kolkatta, Thiruvanthapuram, Kochi and Faridabad?
Old 27th January 2010, 16:48   #39
BHPian

Came to know from a reliable source that for the first time in India, Shama transports is going to introduce Mercedes Benz Multi Axel bus in the BLR- TVM route shortly and another 6 more in the queue
Old 27th January 2010, 18:45   #40
BHPian

New Ashok Leyland Ultra low floor for KSRTC

Spotted this at hosur today!
Interestingly these buses didn't sport Leyland built bodies. They had bodies built by VEERA.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-27012010007.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-27012010003.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-27012010004.jpg  

Old 27th January 2010, 22:15   #41
Senior - BHPian

These Leyland buses have also joined DTC's fleet, only 80 at the moment.
Old 27th January 2010, 22:43   #42
Senior - BHPian

They are stripped down version of DTC - ULE as the former have bonder Windscreen where as the later have windscreen fitted with beading.
Even I have seen these vehicles parked aside in road. They are remarkably silent and good to see these buses been produced by ALL
Old 27th January 2010, 23:54   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post
Came to know from a reliable source that for the first time in India, Shama transports is going to introduce Mercedes Benz Multi Axel bus in the BLR- TVM route shortly and another 6 more in the queue
That is good news , A merc Bus coming in to BLR - TVM route.

A multi axle Merc , I just need to travel in it.
Old 28th January 2010, 00:03   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalini_g View Post

Yes Shalini,the news was correct. But the plan might change. The problem is the benz buses dont have height for luggage space to accomodate bikes. The problem is that the mercedes benz company has got a new chasis design from thier Head Quaters in Germany. But the plan is yet to be approved by ARAI. So it takes time , and for timebeing only a few number of buses are ready for delivery and that will come with basic options. The other major problem is that there is no service centre in South india for benz heavy vehicles. When ever a breakdown happens it takes time to get the vehicle ready. So the plan might change. But the deals are still going on since the order was placed for the coaches. Anyway will let you know in a weeks time of the new buses and of which brand.
Old 28th January 2010, 20:40   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Spotted this at hosur today!
Interestingly these buses didn't sport Leyland built bodies. They had bodies built by VEERA.

The first lot of these buses had different dashboard (the usual conventional type). But the new one seems to have the AL - ULE type.

Sources indicate that KeSRTC is procuring 50 nos. Tata LPO1612 chassis (12 meter) fitted with rear air suspension along with 10nos BS3 Tata Chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-copy-le_al_007__large_.jpg  

Closed Thread

Most Viewed