Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2010, 23:15   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Sources indicate that KeSRTC is procuring 50 nos. Tata LPO1612 chassis (12 meter)
Many people in this forum complain about lack of power in TM buses, just curious, why KerRTC did not opt for LPO1616 instead?
Old 29th January 2010, 07:04   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto freak View Post
Spotted this at hosur today!
Interestingly these buses didn't sport Leyland built bodies. They had bodies built by VEERA.
These buses are still in the same petrol bunk and they are yet to be dispatched. Can anyone give the travel experiece in these buses which are plying currently in TVM?
Old 29th January 2010, 11:01   #48
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Neeta has got some Isuzus for trials. I spotted two of them yesterday on western Express highway. They have a plain white livery with neeta and "Travel with the Japanese technology" written on them. Typical of neeta! On Mercedes buses they have "Travel with the star"
Old 29th January 2010, 19:34   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sources indicate that KeSRTC is procuring 50 nos. Tata LPO1612 chassis (12 meter) fitted with rear air suspension along with 10nos BS3 Tata Chassis.
My Sources say its a Leyland - not a TATA. These buses are to be used as "Super Expresses". They are abolishing the "Super Deluxe" class and replacing them with "Super Express". These buses would be fitted with 2X2 push-back seating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
These buses are still in the same petrol bunk and they are yet to be dispatched. Can anyone give the travel experiece in these buses which are plying currently in TVM?
Plying in TVM? These buses are parked somewhere since they left the Veera Garage. They are not yet with KSRTC. Currently only Volvo buses purchased under JNNURM have been put to use.
Old 29th January 2010, 22:12   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
My Sources say its a Leyland - not a TATA. These buses are to be used as "Super Expresses". They are abolishing the "Super Deluxe" class and replacing them with "Super Express". These buses would be fitted with 2X2 push-back seating.
Plying in TVM? These buses are parked somewhere since they left the Veera Garage. They are not yet with KSRTC. Currently only Volvo buses purchased under JNNURM have been put to use.

@Binaiks...No doubt, KeSRTC has placed orders with both Tata & AL last month. The larger share is for Tata chassis with Cummins engines. AL would also have got orders for 12m chassis also other than Vestibule Bus and Double Decker "Titan" (2 each).

@Ashley2...the AL JnNURM buses for KeSRTC is parked at AL RSO at cochin and some at Trivandrum. They have not yet started operation.
Old 29th January 2010, 23:45   #51
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Transsenger and Binaiks. I am surprised why they are taking so much time to join the fleet. No idea what is happening though?
Old 2nd February 2010, 23:48   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
The old Globus did not have a lever for the Retarder - the retarder was activated while the brakes were applied - a similar mechanism exists in the current Volvos as well. Even Corona had a similar mechanism - I mean, a brake activated retarder.
Did you mean to say the retarder is automatically activated on braking, in the current Volvo's? If yes, then i don't think so. The retarder in the B7RLE/8400 series is activated or deactivated by means of a push button type of switch on the console besides the instrument panel. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime, when i get a chance.
Old 3rd February 2010, 00:05   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Binaiks...No doubt, KeSRTC has placed orders with both Tata & AL last month. The larger share is for Tata chassis with Cummins engines. AL would also have got orders for 12m chassis also other than Vestibule Bus and Double Decker "Titan" (2 each).

@Ashley2...the AL JnNURM buses for KeSRTC is parked at AL RSO at cochin and some at Trivandrum. They have not yet started operation.
I saw some newly-built buses travelling to Kerala on the NH7 between Bangalore and Salem, last week.
Old 3rd February 2010, 07:09   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Surprsing that KeSRTC has gone to Titan.
Then who is the body builder for them?
Old 3rd February 2010, 19:50   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Did you mean to say the retarder is automatically activated on braking, in the current Volvo's? If yes, then i don't think so. The retarder in the B7RLE/8400 series is activated or deactivated by means of a push button type of switch on the console besides the instrument panel. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime, when i get a chance.
The retarders are indeed actuated by the brakes. The driver keeps the retarder switched on, and it gets actuated everytime the brake is applied. (The same "funda" applies in the older versions of TATA Globus - not sure if the same happens in the new Globus). However, in case of the Corona, the driver needs to pull the lever everytime he requires the Retarder to work.

To lessen your work, attaching a pic of the Volvo driver console. The retarder button is one among those "circled" in the image. (This pic is of a 9400. The controls are similar in the 8400 as well.)
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-volvoconsoleedt.jpg  

Old 13th February 2010, 16:39   #56
BHPian

Hino buses

News report of Hino launching luxury buses in April.

Hino set to launch luxury buses in April after homologation delay - Corporate News - livemint.com

-- Wind
Old 13th February 2010, 20:35   #57
BHPian

I saw a Non AC Tata Marcopolo bus in Bangalore. It looks far better than the AC version. The colour is blue.
Old 13th February 2010, 21:12   #58
BHPian

I have seen the attractive looking orange and blue liveried Marcopolos in Bangalore - Both appear to be A/c versions. The non a/c Marcopolos have sliding panes inserted into their windows not to mention window grilles both of which add to visual clutter and poorer aesthetics than their A/c version. Have yet to see a non a/c Marcopolo - dont know if those in BMTC's fleet. Please enlighten me if otherwise.

Also the newer Marcopolos seen in Bangalore come with flush bonded window panes and a more squared off rear window pane shape as opposed to the ackward curved step up at the rear of the older models. This makes it look better finished than the initial lot of Red DTC a/c Marcopolos seen in Delhi.

All said and done the Marcopolos do comes across as noisier, slower and less well finished buses compared to the Volvo city buses seen in Bangalore.
Old 14th February 2010, 13:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
News report of Hino launching luxury buses in April
Quote:
JCBL India Pvt. Ltd, a coach building firm at Mohali, a Chandigarh suburb, will assemble the buses.
So the buses are built along with the KingLongs? Also the article quotes the Hino spokes person, this target segment (luxury) currently sells 1200-1500 and expects to go to 5000 in 2014. With so many players (Vovo, MB, Izuzu, KingLong, Man, Tata, AL) in this niche segment, how this is going to break even?
Old 19th February 2010, 19:50   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
So the buses are built along with the KingLongs? Also the article quotes the Hino spokes person, this target segment (luxury) currently sells 1200-1500 and expects to go to 5000 in 2014. With so many players (Vovo, MB, Izuzu, KingLong, Man, Tata, AL) in this niche segment, how this is going to break even?
For all intercity application below 200 kms, STU's AL and Tata will be competing.
For Intercity application greater than 300kms those Volvo, MB, Isuzu and Hino will be fighting with AL and Tata.
But with the TIV of less than 1000 nos who will gain how much?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks