Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2010, 23:23   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
For Intercity application greater than 300kms those Volvo, MB, Isuzu and Hino will be fighting with AL and Tata.
Exactly, if one of these, Volvo, MB, Isuzu and Hino, takes 95% market share (of the total 1000), still how they intends to make a profit. How can they run a service network across india for such low numbers. I am not getting the business logic here. Let us see how this pan out...
By the way, where do you place Man, Mahindra Navistar in your classification, which category? In my opinion, the bigger threat will be from Mahindra Navistar, because of the vast service network Mahindras got, but then Navistar itself is a new comer in Bus market..
Old 20th February 2010, 17:15   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
By the way, where do you place Man, Mahindra Navistar in your classification, which category? In my opinion, the bigger threat will be from Mahindra Navistar, because of the vast service network Mahindras got, but then Navistar itself is a new comer in Bus market..
Let Man starts selling their trucks in numbers later they can diverse their product port folio.
Till recently MAN has sold only close to 2500 trucks.
Same will be for M&M also. Let them first prove that their products are prefered by customers. Here I mean to say prefered that no matter they are superior, better in quality or the highly technological products, but at the end of the day Numbers count.
Let both of them count the numbers and later on they can look for other options.
Old 20th February 2010, 19:56   #63
BHPian

Irizar TVS

1. Finally, AL has learned lessons from Tata-Marcopolo! Even though, AL was the first to bring such a JV, they failed to do something in the domestic market. Now Tata-Marcopolo has shown the way, they are following...

Here is some news in this regard.
The Hindu : Business : Irizar-TVS Tiruchi unit on stream

2. Lets see who brings a multiaxle bus chassis similar to what they(AL/Tata) did about 12M/1616 to catch Volvo. I believe Tata can bring such a bus chassis with the pusher axle having "lift mechanism" as in their LPT3118 truck!
Old 20th February 2010, 22:54   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
The Hindu : Business : Irizar-TVS Tiruchi unit on stream

2. Lets see who brings a multiaxle bus chassis similar to what they(AL/Tata) did about 12M/1616 to catch Volvo. I believe Tata can bring such a bus chassis with the pusher axle having "lift mechanism" as in their LPT3118 truck!
Lift axle is basically not suited for bus as you are aware the option is mostly used on a return trip without load on truck.
(or is it been attempted anywhere?let me know)

I feel still AL/TML has not brought a right product aganist B7R. Still the super luxury is dominated by Volvo 70%, AL 25%, others 5%.
Luxura - does that exists?
Hispano - Only in few photos.
Old 21st February 2010, 01:45   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
1. Finally, AL has learned lessons from Tata-Marcopolo! Even though, AL was the first to bring such a JV
No, Tatas started the ACGL way back in in the 80s, much before TVS-Irizar. TM is the first one to start selling fully built buses in India.
Old 21st February 2010, 10:42   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
No, Tatas started the ACGL way back in in the 80s, much before TVS-Irizar. TM is the first one to start selling fully built buses in India.
Yes you are right. Tata started ACGL and AL started ACCL way back in 80's. But what i referred was a JV with international player like Irizar, Neoplan or Marcopolo. (Even though ACGL has some technical assistance from Fuji Industries Japan, it was not any iternational player in this segment.)
Old 22nd February 2010, 14:36   #67
santoshnair

pics of new TV Irizar

Gys check this out pics courtesy my friend DUshyanth. New AL TVS Irizar at 22 lacs AC and 14 lacs non AC real kool bus.
Attached Thumbnails
The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-z1gvfini.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-z1jdx93u.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-z1jr3bmf.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-z1lhra7g.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-z1tvywfz.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-zc1xqbk.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-zm4t6x5.jpg  

The Indian Bus Scene (Discuss new launches and market info here)-zzg48v7.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 22nd February 2010, 18:44   #68
Senior - BHPian

Awesome bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
Gys check this out pics courtesy my friend DUshyanth. New AL TVS Irizar at 22 lacs AC and 14 lacs non AC real kool bus.
Santhosh, those are really awesome.
to you and your Dhusyanth.
post a higher clarity pics.

And at 22 lakhs its a killer price tag I can say.
Old 22nd February 2010, 19:49   #69
Senior - BHPian

Error in Mercedes Buses India web page.

Was just wondering how weights are measured in mm.

Name:  MB.bmp
Views: 3871
Size:  471.2 KB
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:05   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair View Post
These buses looks really good. If implemented well, these could be game changers at that price. Reminds me of Irizar Century.
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:21   #71
BHPian

Tilt Steering?

Does the bus from Irizar have tilt steering because the photo with a person at the wheels has the steering tilt angle from another photo without the person? or is my mind playing tricks?

And looking at the no of steps this bus has it looks like a FE one. Also we can open the front cowl for radiator housing so it is definately FE. Not sure how Irizar can differentiate itself from the Prakash or REC as it would be cheaper to go with them unless this one has exceptional build quality.

Last edited by DWind : 22nd February 2010 at 20:26. Reason: additional observations
Old 22nd February 2010, 20:38   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santoshnair;
A good attempt on AL12M chassis...and hope it does not turn out be another LIMO-FE or LIMO-RE!
Don't understand why they have designed this ugly front face! an asthetic front grill would have changed the total appearence of the bus.
Also the berth behind the driver seat is missing?
Old 22nd February 2010, 22:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Does the bus from Irizar have tilt steering because the photo with a person at the wheels has the steering tilt angle from another photo without the person? or is my mind playing tricks?

And looking at the no of steps this bus has it looks like a FE one. Also we can open the front cowl for radiator housing so it is definately FE. Not sure how Irizar can differentiate itself from the Prakash or REC as it would be cheaper to go with them unless this one has exceptional build quality.
Thats for sure is not a tilt steering.Its a conventional steering with the steering wheel of that kind.There is no tilt steering option yet from AL.
The Prakash body on a 12M chassis will definetely cost equal or more than this and cant be cheaper than this.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:40   #74
BHPian

APSRTC has taken a AL Irizar bus. Saw it near Hebbal. The bus has been put in Bangalore - Hyderabad route.
Old 23rd February 2010, 10:55   #75
santoshnair

hey Kadri can u get some pics of the AL Irizar bus?

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks