Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2011, 07:53   #256
BHPian

Re: Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs

Some more pics I took at Munnar:

1. KSRTC's old Venad gives company to an Ernakulam bound Volvo at Kothamangalam
2. RAC 336, Munnar-Ernakulam FSLS of Kothamangalam depot
3. Nellikkattil, Kanthalloor-Ernakulam LS
4. EMS, Silent Valley-Cherthala LS (ex PPK?)
5. RNE 52, AL 12 m express, Munnar-Thiruvananthapuram
6. RAC 985, Munnar-Theni Interstate
7. RRE 409, Munnar-Theni Interstate
8. Bibumon, Ernakulam-Rajakkad LS
9. TP 901, Ernakulam-Suryanelli LS
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3181.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3208.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3226.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3249.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3254.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3262.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf3346.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0649a.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-tp901ekm.jpg  

Last edited by Jimmyjosek : 12th February 2011 at 07:56.
Jimmyjosek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2011, 12:17   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
Another of PPK. This is one of their oldest routes, Cherthala-Munnar-Bisonvalley LS. Their older buses used to look so beautiful. This new bus, probably built at some local workshop like Supriya looks like some ordinary bus
This is How Most new Buses in that Region(KMGM,MVPA) looks like. especially Radiator Grills. I think these are built by Yathra/Sakthi,Thodupuzha?
Here is Another Similar Looking Bus plying between Muvattupuzha and Thodupuzha.took from mobile:
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-tdpabus.jpg  

deepclutch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2011, 15:05   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
This is How Most new Buses in that Region(KMGM,MVPA) looks like. especially Radiator Grills. I think these are built by Yathra/Sakthi,Thodupuzha?
Here is Another Similar Looking Bus plying between Muvattupuzha and Thodupuzha.took from mobile:
I think the one in the picture you uploaded is built by Kondody. This is the new design from Kondody, IIRC.
Old 12th February 2011, 23:01   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepclutch View Post
That Pooja runs the Kottayam-Manarcad-Pala-Thodupuzha-Muvattupuzha route.
Old 13th February 2011, 22:46   #260
BHPian

Kondldy is now building bodies on Tata chasis. This is a brand new bus of Sherly, running between Ernakulam and Pala as Fast Passenger. Note they typical Kondody interiors
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0455.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0460.jpg  

Old 13th February 2011, 22:53   #261
BHPian

Some more new buses of Ernakulam.

1. Saranya, the largest operator of South Kerala, is under a Tata buying spree. This is their Seethathodu-Ernakulam LSFP. A brand new bus on a Tata 1512 chasis

2. Comrade, the largest operator from High Ranges. This is their Ernakulam-Rajakkad LS

3. Krishna 's new bus running as Ernakulam-Guruvayur LSFP. Body built by Royal, Karur. Note the interiors. No match for the beautiful Kondody built Sherly
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0475.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-img_0478.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf1988.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-dscf1996.jpg  

Old 14th February 2011, 07:03   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjosek View Post
Some more new buses of Ernakulam.

1. Saranya, the largest operator of South Kerala, is under a Tata buying spree. This is their Seethathodu-Ernakulam LSFP. A brand new bus on a Tata 1512 chasis

2. Comrade, the largest operator from High Ranges. This is their Ernakulam-Rajakkad LS

3. Krishna 's new bus running as Ernakulam-Guruvayur LSFP. Body built by Royal, Karur. Note the interiors. No match for the beautiful Kondody built Sherly
I've seen that Saranya on the Kumily-Kottarakara/Kollam route.
Old 19th February 2011, 22:08   #263
BHPian

The next private ac route bus of malabar area.

Dear all,

Following the path of Parasuram AC Airbus and Prasad AC Cab, the next ac route bus is now operational in the Malabar area. Its the Manjeri- Kozhikode Sonali. This is a relatively new operator and apart from this bus they own one more bus in the same route which is non ac. Some facts
  1. Owner has purchased a 2005 model Euro 1 AL bus from Kannur.(its a cheetah 210 WB)
  2. Body was completely rebuilt at a local workshop at Manjeri and also added a slave engine to power its Thermoking ac.AC is pretty powerful.
  3. Bus is featuring fixed side glass (first of its kind among private ac route buses as of now)
  4. No air suspension provided.
  5. Those who have vomiting tendency can demand for a plastic kit from the bus crew and the same need to be deposited in the waste box provided at either ends of the bus.
  6. In the middle of the trip if a/c gets an unexpected failure, the entire fare is returned back to the customer and they will be provided alternate transportation mode. might be the following bus will accommodate them.
  7. No additional fare is taken. Its just an LS and it charges the same too.
  8. As per the owner, he knows the risk he has taken (which prompted him to buy a second hand bus)but till now the response from the paxx are overwhelming that in future he is planning to convert this one to a 12M leyland.
  9. Bus consumes an additional 30 litres of diesel to power the slave engine.
Attached Thumbnails
Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-photo0182.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-photo0181.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-photo0180.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-photo0179.jpg  

Intercity Buses operated by various private travels and STUs-photo0186.jpg  

urzdeepu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2011, 23:06   #264
BHPian

Re: The next private ac route bus of malabar area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
Dear all,

Following the path of Parasuram AC Airbus and Prasad AC Cab, the next ac route bus is now operational in the Malabar area. Its the Manjeri- Kozhikode Sonali. This is a relatively new operator and apart from this bus they own one more bus in the same route which is non ac. Some facts[/list]
Nice to know that it's just an LS. Will such a configuration be sustainable on the long run? Hope some Kottayam based operator tries this! (Kondody, you listening?)

Also, that front end is real ugly! Like those long nosed three-wheel LCV's from the past. Don't remember it's name though.
Old 19th February 2011, 23:13   #265
Senior - BHPian

My jaws really dropped when I read the fact that this is only a LS! I might try if I can get into this bus within a day or two.

1) How is the NVH? Is it better than the non-A/C bus?
2) Does the bus have TV? (Personally, I hate to watch TV inside a bus)
3) Does the driver drive the bus rashly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Also, that front end is real ugly! Like those long nosed three-wheel LCV's from the past. Don't remember it's name though.
+1 to you smashnerd.

If you open the 'weird and wacky modifications' thread, you'll be able to see the pic of the above bus! Yeah, I posted those pics there.
Old 19th February 2011, 23:20   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klub Class View Post
My jaws really dropped when I read the fact that this is only a LS! I might try if I can get into this bus within a day or two.

1) How is the NVH? Is it better than the non-A/C bus?
2) Does the bus have TV? (Personally, I hate to watch TV inside a bus)
3) Does the driver drive the bus rashly?

+1 to you smashnerd.

If you open the 'weird and wacky modifications' thread, you'll be able to see the pic of the above bus! Yeah, I posted those pics there.

NVH is normal - you have reduction in normal sound levels expected from a Euro 1 engine but in addition you have slave engine to give u the bonus sound.
Unfortunately the bus had a faulty hub reduction/ propellor shaft which made some berrr sound from beneath.

There was a huge LCD TV in the front( think its a 17inch one)

Driving was smooth..and also without having an air suspension( i felt there is no need of it in such a short route though) the ride was comfortable.
Old 19th February 2011, 23:54   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
The workshop of PPK sons in Kothamangalam. Earlier they used to build their own buses here, but then later own moved to other bosy builders like Supriya. the first three buses are their cancelled routes. The first one used to run Cherthala - Silent Valley LS and the second one used to be their Aluva- Kanthalur LS, the third one Aluva - Koviloor FP. The fourth and last one are their new buses, both waiting for permits. The third one used to run as spare on the Ernakulam - Bison valley route.
I studied at MACE @ 1992-96, during that time the Highrange - Ernakulam route used to be a competition between PPK and i think another group named PMS and the PPK garague used to very active through out the day (isnt it on college road?). Looking at the state of the garage now, it looks like they lost their old glory. Or is it an after effect of Jr Mani sir joining EVM family
Old 20th February 2011, 11:50   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSimonS View Post
I studied at MACE @ 1992-96, during that time the Highrange - Ernakulam route used to be a competition between PPK and i think another group named PMS and the PPK garague used to very active through out the day (isnt it on college road?). Looking at the state of the garage now, it looks like they lost their old glory. Or is it an after effect of Jr Mani sir joining EVM family
Yeah it used to be PPK and PMS ( parekkara) then. PPK workshop is on the kothamangalam - Perumbavur road just as we exit the city. Comrade is still active now. But the quality of buses has gone down alarmingly. PMS and PPK used to compete each other with really awesome designs.

Have you seen the all blue and all red PMS, the yellow PPK. Those golden years.
Old 20th February 2011, 18:55   #269
BANNED

Saw a Krishna Ekm - Guruvayoor bus yesterday, around 5.45 PM at Kaloor / Manappattiparambu. If this is the bus whose pic posted in last couple of pages, I am quite surprised - the engine noise seemed to be too much.

I think due to new norms, the engine noise has to be much much less; this one sounded,. rather, roared like old AL 370 / Hino engine. In contrast, all the KeSRTC ALs (and Tatas too) are (relatively, that is) very silent for a heavy vehicle - at least, the new ones.
Old 20th February 2011, 20:43   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Saw a Krishna Ekm - Guruvayoor bus yesterday, around 5.45 PM at Kaloor / Manappattiparambu. If this is the bus whose pic posted in last couple of pages, I am quite surprised - the engine noise seemed to be too much.
Krishna has about 6 buses on the EKM-GVR route. Pics of their latest bus is on this page itself. I guess there is a pic of their other new bus a few pages before this one.

They recently re-introduced one of their old buses - perhaps you saw that. Thats a BS-I bus, with the typical roaring engine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks