Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2010, 12:24   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muke31 View Post
do you know who takes care of passenger safety aspects and is it done by Ashok Ley while building the chasis or prakash(while building the body)
is there a crumple zone in bus chasis or body?

-MUKE
AL cannot take care of the safety aspects when the body is not built by them as in our case.

it is prakash's responsibility. when i enquired about seatbelts, they were amused & questioned me "do you think bus drivers will wear them even if we get them fitted for you?". i obviously dint have an answer! thank god i dint ask about airbags!

no seatbelts are provided by prakash & we cant really blame them as they make/sell what the customer needs & i can guarantee that nobody would have asked about seatbelts before me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I too was suprised at the odd number of wheels. Its still six whether you have a spare or not. Same as how cars are four wheelers.

Anyway, very cool ownership report! I will be following this thread for sure.
i know buddy. but if i would have written 6 wheels, you could have easily understood its a bus! then whats the point of having a question mark in the end of the title?!!
Old 15th January 2010, 12:25   #17
BHPian

Raj, this is an interesting and very nice Initial ownership report!

Are these busses going to be run down south only? Any chance of them making their way up to Mumbai/Thane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
max power: 84 KS @ 2400 RPM
max torque: 410 NM @ 1700-1800 RPM
Is that 84 PS? even though the engine torque figure is tremendous, I thought the power would be a bit higher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
this thread will be my ownership experience of the buses! hope the mods wont mind.
Looking forward to more of this unique ownership thread and experience.
Old 15th January 2010, 12:29   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomzi View Post
Raj, this is an interesting and very nice Initial ownership report!
thanks mate.

Quote:
Are these busses going to be run down south only? Any chance of them making their way up to Mumbai/Thane?
most probably it will run in south only until someone is crazy enough to hire this bus for a kerela-mumbai trip!

Quote:
Is that 84 PS? even though the engine torque figure is tremendous, I thought the power would be a bit higher.
very sorry. its actually 84kW.
Old 15th January 2010, 14:51   #19
BHPian

a very intresting ownership thread.always kept me guessing how buying a 6 wheeler or more would be..
now its the wait for the 17th to see the finished product and surely the interiors.

guess someday i might see it transversing through kerala!!
where are you based in the state?
Old 15th January 2010, 15:07   #20
BHPian

Hey Raj,
Firstly my heartiest congratulations to you and i hope your business venture performs well. i have always fancied driving a truck or bust just to get the feel now i know which door to knock =P.
to be honest my initial impression was that you may ave purchased an army stallion or something to go off road hehe but this is good and makes sense and money.
All the best once again and i will be reading this to know more about this field.
Rohan
Old 15th January 2010, 15:22   #21
BHPian

congrats...

Hey congrats,
14 wheels at a go, thats a big buy!!

any chance of putting in alloys??
Old 15th January 2010, 16:16   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post
a very intresting ownership thread.always kept me guessing how buying a 6 wheeler or more would be..
now its the wait for the 17th to see the finished product and surely the interiors.

guess someday i might see it transversing through kerala!!
where are you based in the state?
we are based in allepey & ernakulam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Roadie View Post
Hey Raj,
Firstly my heartiest congratulations to you and i hope your business venture performs well. i have always fancied driving a truck or bust just to get the feel now i know which door to knock =P.
to be honest my initial impression was that you may ave purchased an army stallion or something to go off road hehe but this is good and makes sense and money.
All the best once again and i will be reading this to know more about this field.
Rohan
thanks a lot mate. i'll update this thread for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanScorpio View Post
Hey congrats,
14 wheels at a go, thats a big buy!!

any chance of putting in alloys??
yea, how about some chrome alloys with low profile tyres with underbody neons & K&N filter?

also i'll ask AL for performance enhancement chips & projector lights!

Old 15th January 2010, 16:35   #23
Senior - BHPian

Hi Raj,

Congratulations!! Good write up, waiting to see the full detailed pics of both interior and exteriors.

Great show pal.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:05   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Raj,

Congratulations!! Good write up, waiting to see the full detailed pics of both interior and exteriors.

Great show pal.
thanks buddy. pics will be uploaded ASAP.
Old 15th January 2010, 17:58   #25
BHPian

this report sure brought that smile! Nice write up.. can feel your passion and attachment Raj. It's just not a 'vehicle' but an integral part of your life. Thanks for sharing.
Old 15th January 2010, 20:00   #26
BHPian

I have heard a corporation employee (TNSTC, Tamilnadu) quoting mileage figures of 6 ~ 10 for a bus, based on city or mofussil duty. Any idea if this can be true ?

I am thinking of joining a heavy driving school, just for the heck of driving a bus :-).
Old 15th January 2010, 20:14   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
this report sure brought that smile! Nice write up.. can feel your passion and attachment Raj. It's just not a 'vehicle' but an integral part of your life. Thanks for sharing.
thanks buddy.

and for the part marked in bold, you got it spot on. these buses are not just a way of minting money for me. after all, we all are automobile freaks & i love this new possession!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugram View Post
I have heard a corporation employee (TNSTC, Tamilnadu) quoting mileage figures of 6 ~ 10 for a bus, based on city or mofussil duty. Any idea if this can be true ?

I am thinking of joining a heavy driving school, just for the heck of driving a bus :-).
since i have been getting strange figures, i will quote the FE figures after my bus starts running.

by the way, 6-10 kmpl sounds highly unlikely. my 120 bhp, 1800 kg scorpio gives 10 kmpl! a V6 accord gives 6 kmpl!
Old 15th January 2010, 20:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Zimbly kicka$$$, Me likes.

Now be careful - TBHPians will post pics of your bus whenever it overspeeds
Old 15th January 2010, 20:45   #29
BHPian

We get free rides, don't we?
Nice wheels raj! Reminds of my Midtown Madness playing days. Had fun with city buses. Hope you don't do that. lol!
Old 15th January 2010, 21:00   #30
BHPian

Way to go man, I have driven a completely sand laden truck in the small streets of Dharwad, Karnataka. Of course it was only for ~ 18 odd kms.
But the feeling is awesome.
Congrats on your buy, Happy Times to you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks