Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:32   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post

transmission: 5 speed synchromesh

Hi Raj,

In older days most of the buses were having 6 speed transmission. I was out of Kerala for 6 years and after that hasn't been touch with HCV. Are 6 speed trasmissions are still avialable with AL?
Old 22nd January 2010, 14:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Amazing thread! Shows passion to your new bus. Please post pictures
Old 23rd January 2010, 00:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofmyworld View Post
Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. Where are the pictures raj?
Please wait for the pics till this month end, its impossible to upload pics from my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trrk View Post
Hi,

Congratulations! May I wish you 'Sarva Aishwarya' for the new venture? I do.

You have, maybe inadvertantly, hit the nail on the head. "Fitting' is compulsory, apparently 'working' is not from what I see on the roads.
Thanks for your wishes buddy!
By the way, i am right now in alleppey, do PM me your number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Hey Raj, First of all I would like to convey my sincere wishes and congratulations for your new Travels . I know I am bit late but sorry that I could not reply in time.
Thanks a lot mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
Congarts Raj, Its interesting to read this thread

where have u ordered the seats for your busses from ?
The seats are installed by Prakash itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Raj, congrats on the AL beast. I remember my childhood days when I used to hate Ashok Leyland simply because of their weird front and loved Tata. But this bus is surely turning out to be good.
In North, we've Tata more than AL and I once asked the reason for this to the Transport Manager of my school. He replied that Maintenance of Tata is much easier considering easy availability of mechanics and cheap parts.
Thanks buddy. Tatas are cheper but they are known to be more unreliable. Here in south, people prefer AL more than tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
Pics Pics Pics!!!
I have been following this thread to see the final product!

Btw, How much difference (in total) would it be, if it was the 130bhp chassis along with A.C ?
Diff in cost would be around 10 lakhs as chassis costs 4 lakhs more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sujith1100 View Post
Me too, Pictures please. Am waiting for them.
Coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-Gladiator View Post
Raj, Congragulations for your all new 7 wheels.

This is one of the rare topic I have come across. Looking forward to see the Team BHP stickers on a bus! All the best to your travels.
I still couldn't believe that the heavy buses are running with 112 BHP. I gained lot of information by following this thread. Did u get any chance to take any other pictures while the building was going on? Waiting for the pictures to come.
Thanks a lot mate. Unfortunately, photography was prohibited inside prakash.
Dont go by the puny power figures, torque is good. Though, in no way is it a monster. I care more about FE this time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold class View Post
Hey Raj, saw two of your buses standing near Incoming Checkpost at Chavadi ,CBE,wednesday midnight. There was stickering on the front glass AISWARYA.The painting also looks good. I was on my way to bangalore. couldnt stop there. Any way good luck.
Yea, thats our bus! It had stopped there for paper inspection. How did you recognize the buses???

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi Raj,

In older days most of the buses were having 6 speed transmission. I was out of Kerala for 6 years and after that hasn't been touch with HCV. Are 6 speed trasmissions are still avialable with AL?
AFAIK, only 5 speed transmission is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Amazing thread! Shows passion to your new bus. Please post pictures
Thanks buddy. Coming soon!

Last edited by raj_5004 : 23rd January 2010 at 00:41.
Old 23rd January 2010, 10:55   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Diff in cost would be around 10 lakhs as chassis costs 4 lakhs more.
That's a lot of money!! The FE figures would also take a hit by 0.5 km i guess. Please correct me if I am wrong. I was trying to compare the expenses of maintaining a TATA/AL AC coach to the Volvo B7R. I know they would be leagues apart, but still
Old 23rd January 2010, 21:47   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bush View Post
That's a lot of money!! The FE figures would also take a hit by 0.5 km i guess. Please correct me if I am wrong. I was trying to compare the expenses of maintaining a TATA/AL AC coach to the Volvo B7R. I know they would be leagues apart, but still
I have heard an AL AC bus delivers around 2.5 kmpl. We are planning a 35 seater AC bus if this venture becomes successful.
Old 23rd January 2010, 22:02   #81
Senior - BHPian

congratulations!

what are your plans for the interior. this is the thing many people miss on tour buses. I have a friend who has 32 buses.

Use material of seats and roof that are easy to clean and maintain. Also chose wisely for flooring. Checkered plates are good but they retain dirt, if your cleaner boy is not good.
SirAlec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2010, 09:47   #82
Senior - BHPian

FOR THE ICE LOVERS:
ICE in our bus-
* 6 JBL speakers
* 2 Orion speakers (driver cabin)
* Ahuja amp with Mic o/p and casette player (pathetic but had no choice)
* 26" samsung LCD tv (beat me on that, LOL!)
* 5.1, 6ch DVD player with USB port.
* Argee inverter!!!!

So basically it plays CD/VCD/DVD, USB and even casette!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
congratulations!

what are your plans for the interior. this is the thing many people miss on tour buses. I have a friend who has 32 buses.

Use material of seats and roof that are easy to clean and maintain. Also chose wisely for flooring. Checkered plates are good but they retain dirt, if your cleaner boy is not good.
Thanks! Seats covers are in a dark shade of grey. As you said, i have chosen ABS plastic in a dual tone of beige (for the roof) and dark grey (for the sides) instead of cloth. This gives it a classier look and is also easy to clean. Also, we are putting those "grass type" mats on the steps and on the passage between the seats. They can be removed and cleaned.
Old 24th January 2010, 14:19   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Very informative thread

Best wishes to you Raj!
Old 24th January 2010, 15:05   #84
BHPian

Awaiting pics of the buses Raj. All the best with the venture once again.
Old 24th January 2010, 16:35   #85
BANNED

Some questions on the body construction.

1. What were the seat (i mean manufacturer of the seat) choices available? And what options (like push back, etc) Some buses come with a foot rest too - which comes up when the back is pushed into recline. What are the price differentials?

2. Was there a presentation kind of thing from the body builders? I know that this is a b2b kind of transaction, but still, did the body builder(s) give you any info about what else apart from what you asked is available?

3. Please post info about taxes. It will be payable per quarter. (Please post a glass of water too - most people will faint at the figures LoL)
Old 24th January 2010, 18:14   #86
BHPian

Quote:

The seats are installed by Prakash itself.

!
oh ok , where do they source them from?
we did build some busses for employee commutation at SMK ( prakash), we ordered seats from Haritha, they make good seats
Old 24th January 2010, 22:23   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Very informative thread

Best wishes to you Raj!
Thanks buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
Awaiting pics of the buses Raj. All the best with the venture once again.
Pics will be posted on 29th of this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Some questions on the body construction.

1. What were the seat (i mean manufacturer of the seat) choices available? And what options (like push back, etc) Some buses come with a foot rest too - which comes up when the back is pushed into recline. What are the price differentials?

2. Was there a presentation kind of thing from the body builders? I know that this is a b2b kind of transaction, but still, did the body builder(s) give you any info about what else apart from what you asked is available?

3. Please post info about taxes. It will be payable per quarter. (Please post a glass of water too - most people will faint at the figures LoL)
2 options for the seat- normal and pushback. We opted for normal since pushback would make it a 35 seater instead of the current 49. Also permit cost of pushback seat is double and since this is a non-AC bus, its wont be profitable. Also, we are not intending this bus for long routes.

This seats has a foot rest in the form of a bar below the seat ahead.

Prakash had a 3 page long list with various sections having 3-4 options. We had to tick the option we preferred. No presentation as such.

Tax is Rs. 650 per seat (650x49) quarterly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor spirit View Post
oh ok , where do they source them from?
we did build some busses for employee commutation at SMK ( prakash), we ordered seats from Haritha, they make good seats
Oh, we were not informed of any such seats.
Old 26th January 2010, 09:37   #88
Senior - BHPian

Raj!
somebody was selling Nakamichi on classified. Man! Nakamichi are THE audio system for Buses, very robust can be handled by driver and his helper with ease and still outlast the bus.
Old 26th January 2010, 21:24   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Raj!
somebody was selling Nakamichi on classified. Man! Nakamichi are THE audio system for Buses, very robust can be handled by driver and his helper with ease and still outlast the bus.
Too late yaar! And JBL is currently the "big thing" here in kerela! So you can see many buses sporting JBL stickers even if they are running sony or worse orion.

If i put a nakamichi sticker, god knows what impression it might give!

But thanks.
Old 26th January 2010, 22:40   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Raj!
Quote:
Too late yaar! And JBL is currently the "big thing" here in kerela! So you can see many buses sporting JBL stickers even if they are running sony or worse orion.

If i put a nakamichi sticker, god knows what impression it might give!

But thanks.
I have the Nakamichi system with a 12 cd changer in my sc300. It is great!! The good (or the best) part is that it came with the car in 1992 and still rocks!!

Most Viewed