Team-BHP - The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   The R-E-A-L BHP Giants: Maritime (Ship) Engines (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/74867-r-e-l-bhp-giants-maritime-ship-engines.html)

(Let me take you to another world of power; where the BHP is either in four or five figures)

As Mumbai city enjoyed the S.C.I. car event last weekend, I was busy wrapping up something that has tons of BHP but no wheels.:Shockked:

A huge (Panamax szie) bulk carrier ship.
Hope all my seniors & collegueas at BHP like my purchase.

Two more are on the way & we shall finalise the deals by March.

SPECIFICATIONS:

1) New Name is NOT yet decided. Most probably "ALDEBARAN" (Please feel free to recommend names but before 10th Feb 2010)
2) She is 1983, Japanese built 63,880 MT vessel.
3) She will be registered in MALTA.
4) Main Engine is SUMITOMO SULZER 5RLB76 (Max output: 14400 BHP @ 120 RPM)
5) Aux. Engines are DAIHATSU (x3) a.k.a: Generators (700kW each)

PIC 1: Vessel Profile
PIC 2: Forward Bow from Crane no.1 (Crane SWL 25 MT)
PIC 3: Main Engine Piston Heads (5 Pistons)
PIC 4: One of the Generators
PIC 5: All THREE Generators (Note oil leakages, can't help 1983 built!!)
PIC 6: All THREE Generators (Frontal view)
PIC &: Two Spare liners of the Main Engine

The photos are of various dates i.e. whenever old owners permitted us to board the vessel & inspect.

Vijaypalsinghji! What a thread! Wah!

A normal soul like me would have never known these things if you haven't posted.

Thank you. :thumbs up

One of a kind purchase man. Btw i believe something like this is first on T-bhp.

Congratulations Vijay :)

We do have a Drive/sail report of another ship posted her - Ship Review

Awesome. I read Panamax and thought holy $hit!

Kickass - do post pictures when it gets a makeover!

Awesome...I am thinking as an Aviator I should start something on the lines of planes. Would come up with something soon.

Holy Cow.. This got be a MOST BHP's that one has ever bought here. I am sure no one can come close to 14400 BHP.

Congrats.!!! BTW, what do you plan to do with the ship? Do update more on FE, max speed, gears, turning radius, braking distance, parking issues etc about this. I am sure we will get an information journey into an all together different world with your story

PS: (Max output: 14400 BHP @ 120 RPM). Does this have a Tacho?

Wow! Brilliant! From cars to planes and now Ships (vessels!).

PS: Mileage kya hai?

:D
Mileage kitna deti hai?
;)

The Most Powerful Diesel Engine in the World

Something more to WOW over
Enjoy

So that officially makes it the largest as well as the most expensive vehicle owned by a member on T-Bhp!!! :D

Way to go!!

14400 BHP with abosolte fact that it gives it at 120 RPM is a killer. I saw a series on discovery of world's biggest container ship & it gave it at 108 RPM 96,000 BHP. Imagine those engines at work. Each Piston of that thing weighed 2 tons. :O

Congratulations!

What a unique purchase, a first on t-bhp I suppose :) Thanks for sharing this with us.

More pics please once you get delivery and if its near Mumbai anytime, um, uh, Main chalaoon?

Aldebaran - is this named after the star? How about "Enterprise" if you're a trekkie fan? ;)

Congrats that is so amazing.Any plans to pimp it up:D.Love to see more pics.

This is something which stands apart from everything else. Beautiful thread.
Congos mate.
Any upgrades planned? LOL!