Team-BHP - Railway Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Railway Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/75014-railway-pics-11.html)

Here are few from my side, it was taken during recent travel.

Recently my li'l daughter was watching the clippings of Indian Railways in Youtube. After watching many trains and listening to sounds, she became more and more attentive, replaying various videos - of trains just starting to leave stations, of trains on the move, of trains changing tracks, of trains overtaking, of trains inside tunnels and so on..

She became more excited as she said the sounds felt similar to the rhythm/ note her dance teacher makes while teaching dance. Slowly she began tapping her feet and dance to the rhythm of the trains. That was when I realized that the classical "theyyam thi thai, theyyam thi thai.." was resembling the rhythm of Indian Railways..

Young or old, rich or poor, the multitude nature of the Great Indian Railway never ceases to amaze..from being the world's longest toilet covering over 60,000 km to the tireless lifeline of India carrying the meaning of 'Unity in Diversity', you can only stand in awe whenever this iron-horse chugs by.

Railway Pics-475230_384641418247578_640636613_o.jpg

'Made for each other'..may be an ardent fan of IR
Railway Pics-412835_308399022538485_1975019055_o.jpg

Here you go!! Guess this is what you were talking about!!

MUMBAI RAJDHANI EXPRESS SPEEDING THROUGH UDVADA STATION AT 120KPH - YouTube

Awesome!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zalaps (Post 2776150)
Behram Sir,
I can fully relate to Rajdhani experiance. Looking and Feeling the Rajdhani passing by Udvada was source of story material for us in childhood.

I am from Killa Pardi and to reach my home; Udvada is the station. I do not remember the exact year but it is some 188X when udvada station was built. Same station house is still serving the purpose. Railway experiance in Udvada is still the same, untouched, pure from last 100+ years. Every saturday morning when I get down from Gujarat Express at Udvada I can imagine the scene when first train would have visited very same staion before 6+ generations!

By the way People(Udvada visiting Parsis) are nowdays boards Gujarat Express from BCT at 05:45 and arrives Udvada at 08:50.

Hope I'll pull out some more memories of Udvada on next monday!

Hi everybody.
Good to see the revival of this thread.
I have some very old pictures of the stam era some dating back to 1940s(AC First used to be cooled with blocks of ice rather than proper airconditioning)
Since I am technologically challenged I cannot upload hers.Dont know how to.In case any body is interested please PM your email ID and I will forward the pics to you.
Regards

Can someone post the snaps from the Nagpur-Itarsi ghat section ranges please !!
I remember seeing multiple lines crossing there at different altitudes.

There are some nice train pics in this article on Yahoo India:

Monsoon Magic

Cheers,
Vikram

Quote:

Originally Posted by comfortablynumb
There are some nice train pics in this article on Yahoo India:

Monsoon Magic

Cheers,
Vikram

Yes.These are nice snaps taken by friends from IRFCA.One can visit the site for some breathtaking railway snaps in India. http://www.irfca.org

Very nice thread. Unlike the western world, Indian Railways still remains a very economical means of transport, going through some of the most scenic routes through mountains, over bridges etc.,

There is one thing missing in this thread - discussion and photos of the train bogies in the night. It will be a treat to watch the specks of light in pitch darkness. I used to let my imagination wild, while gazing through the windows in the night into nothingness, the rush of wind on my face was soothing to my soul.

Uploading some pics sent to me by faustus77.
There are a few more I'll upload them later

Quite a treasure trove! I must say.

Dear ssjr0498 and zalaps - thank you so much for the videos. I want to download and keep them, I don't know how to do it. These films are just awesome.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar

Some more pics, part of the same collection from faustus77

Alter.e.go
Thanks for uploading the pictures.
The ice slabs were needed to cool the 1st AC compartments in those days.There was no air conditioning system as we have today.
The picture where a hawker in a dark shirt is there has been taken at Chalisgaon and the train is frontier mail.Am surprised that the Frontier mail went via Chalisgaon unless
it was monsoon time and it was diverted.
Regards

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM (Post 2848429)
Dear ssjr0498 and zalaps - thank you so much for the videos. I want to download and keep them, I don't know how to do it. These films are just awesome.

There are enough websites that help download videos in MP4 formats. just google "yourtube video downloader"

Quote:

Originally Posted by alter.e.go (Post 2849708)

The are good examples of the engine protrayed in the second picture, still working as "shunters" in Chennai

Wow! An excellent thread! clap: Traveling by train has it's own charm and cannot be compared with anything else. When I was a kid, my parents use to take me to different stations / places where I could see trains! Guess what. Now I take my 2 year old son to the station every weekend as he is crazy about trains! Although learning to drive a real train will remain a dream for me, I still satisfy myself in the virtual world with the Trainz Railroad Simulator. My son sits on my lap when I play the simulator and he is also aware of certain buttons for the horn/whistle and lights! Will post some pictures that I have later. In the mean while, enjoy these two "Diesel Power" videos that I found on YouTube.

Regards and Keep Revving, :thumbs up

Rahul Waghmare.

Longest Goods Train in India: 84 Wagons & 4 KJM WDG3As!! - YouTube

Close Encounters of the Light Diesel Loco Kind! - YouTube

PS :
Check out the pictures at this site. This link was sent to me by a friend : http://www.flickr.com/photos/ankitwap7/with/6264261702/ (Scroll to the top and use the Slide Show option on the top right hand side for full size images.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by alter.e.go (Post 2849708)

Thanks alter.e.go.

Regarding the first pic
1. It a DC Meter Gauge locomotive working in Chennai - Tambaram - Villupuram section. Chennai - Villupuram was on DC traction until 1960s after which it was converted to AC traction. Classified as YCG1. More info here Scroll below for info on YCG1
2. One of them is plinthed in front of Tambaram Loco / emu shed.
3. A unique feature was it could be used in shunting in non-electrified lines using the battery tender behind.

The second pic looks like inauguration of Double Decker coach by ICF. These coaches were running in trains like Brindavan and was very unpopular with passengers in lower level due to dust. It is now back being trialled in AC avatar.