Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2012, 21:28   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Railway Pics

@Scarlet Rider: The youtube videoes that you have posted belongs to Dheeraj Rao, Nataran and Santosh from the IRFCA club.

Suggest you give the credit to them for the wonderful videos shot by them. By the way I have subscribed to their videos.
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 22:01   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some miscellaneous pictures of the Indian Railway Locos that I have taken till date. Because of the harsh outer conditions, its difficult to get a good shot so some amount of fixing is done(or a lot for some pictures):

A pair of WAG7 locos in Bangarpet Junction:
Railway Pics-up1.jpg

WDM twins accelerating or rather smoking across Baiyyapanahalli. Where emissions and particulate filters do not stand
Railway Pics-up2.jpg

WAP4 that is hauling the long Brindavan Express to Chennai:
Railway Pics-up3.jpg

A pair of WDP-4 locos, currently the fastest diesel loco in IR heading towards shed:
Railway Pics-up4.jpg

The monster WAP7 hauling Brindavan express towards Bangalore:
Railway Pics-up5.jpg
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 03:12   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Suggest you give the credit to them for the wonderful videos shot by them. By the way I have subscribed to their videos.
These videos are amazing! Of course the credit goes to Dheeraj Rao, Nataran and Santosh from the IRFCA club. Since I had mentioned in my post that I found these videos on YouTube, the credit obviously goes to the respective owners. I will also be subscribing to their videos.
Old 26th July 2012, 09:21   #169
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Here are some miscellaneous pictures of the Indian Railway Locos that I have taken till date. Because of the harsh outer conditions, its difficult to get a good shot so some amount of fixing is done(or a lot for some pictures):

A pair of WAG7 locos in Bangarpet Junction:
The is the work horse on the electrified section for the frieght. Sometimes you can see a lone loco pulling the load, more so in the Chennai - Salem section.

Quote:
WDM twins accelerating or rather smoking across Baiyyapanahalli. Where emissions and particulate filters do not stand
The first loco is a WDM3D and the trailing one is a WDM3A from Itarsi Shed. Agree these monsters no nothing about emission and its rules

Quote:
WAP4 that is hauling the long Brindavan Express to Chennai:
The WAP4 is another workhorse for the electrified section. The ones that arrive in Bangalore are majorly from Royappuram RYM or Erode ED.

Quote:
A pair of WDP-4 locos, currently the fastest diesel loco in IR heading towards shed:
There is only one WDP4. The way these start off after a stop makes on think is there an aeroplane/runway around.

Quote:
The monster WAP7 hauling Brindavan express towards Bangalore:
This one belongs to the Lalguda shed. Believe me this monster has some pulling power. 24 Coach rake is a nothing for this beast.

Thanks for sharing. If you are interested drop me a PM lets plan for a Rail fanning session.
Old 26th July 2012, 10:11   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

I still can't realise how I termed the DP4 as twins. Probably the most ignorant mistake I have ever done! Sorry for that! If you stay close by then we can meet sometime near BYPL.
Old 26th July 2012, 10:14   #171
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I still can't realise how I termed the DP4 as twins. Probably the most ignorant mistake I have ever done! Sorry for that! If you stay close by then we can meet sometime near BYPL.
I stay in RT Nagar, I definitely dont mind even if its farther just for the sake of Railfanning.

Sure we will meet up sometime. There are a couple more locations after whitefield where you can catch some high speed action.
Old 26th July 2012, 10:19   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

I had stayed for a couple of hours on the platform of malur some days back. Was able to witness the Brindavan up as well as down ripping apart the tracks. However, most of the other trains were not so fast I travel by the brindavan from SBC to BWT quite frequently and it is too good, experiencing three digit speeds continuously after KJM. If you are going on any trips please drop a message if you do not mind.
Old 26th July 2012, 10:27   #173
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I had stayed for a couple of hours on the platform of malur some days back. Was able to witness the Brindavan up as well as down ripping apart the tracks. However, most of the other trains were not so fast I travel by the brindavan from SBC to BWT quite frequently and it is too good, experiencing three digit speeds continuously after KJM. If you are going on any trips please drop a message if you do not mind.
Sure. Recently did a real short trip to Chennai for a saree exchange from RMKV. To and Fro journey was on the Lalbagh which had the Lalguda WAP7 both ways. The way the WAP7 monster accelerates is simply mindblowing.

IF you want diesel action, then Maklidurga is quite a famous spot.
Old 26th July 2012, 23:07   #174
Senior - BHPian

I see a lot of terms describing goods wagons. Can anyone explain these names? For example in the video posted a few posts back, BCNA wagons are shown. In other videos, pics (from IRFCA & other sources), I have heard about BOXN rakes and couple of other terms. Are there any abbreviations for these terms?
Old 27th July 2012, 07:18   #175
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige
I see a lot of terms describing goods wagons. Can anyone explain these names? For example in the video posted a few posts back, BCNA wagons are shown. In other videos, pics (from IRFCA & other sources), I have heard about BOXN rakes and couple of other terms. Are there any abbreviations for these terms?
There are abbreviations and codes for the wagons.I also dont remember them but you can find all details on IRFCA's FAQ section. http://www.irfca.org/faq/ Hope it helps.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 27th July 2012 at 07:20.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 07:44   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Are there any abbreviations for these terms?
Hi Addyhemmige, BONX and BCNA are the codes used for classifying freight cars. Code for BOXN stands for B= bogie or bogie wagon, O= Open wagon, X= High sided, N= Air braked. Here is how a BOXN freight car looks like

Railway Pics-boxn.jpg

Where as BCNA or BCN/A is a variant of BCN design and the abbreviation is B=bogie or bogie wagon, C= covered and N= air braked (A, here I believe is used to identify the variant instead of a feature). Here is how a BCNA freight car looks like.

Railway Pics-bcna.jpg

I hope this helps

(Irfca.com is the source of above information)
Regards
Punzabi
Punzabi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th July 2012, 10:27   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This one belongs to the Lalguda shed. Believe me this monster has some pulling power. 24 Coach rake is a nothing for this beast.
I was surprised seeing WAP7 hauling Brindavan. Typically I only see them being used for Rajdhani/Shatabdi.
Its mainly WAP4 for the regular superfast trains.

Also whenever I saw WDM twins hauling a passenger train, I use be transported back in time looking at
KK/TN/GT/AP/KL expresses ripping through Central India.

Over the last two decades I have grown seeing that section, getting electrified and double tracked ! Long cherished memories.
It was only KL which used go around Vijaywada during day time. Others (TN/GT) always went though at night.

Last edited by ampere : 27th July 2012 at 10:37.
Old 27th July 2012, 10:35   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I was surprised seeing WAP7 hauling Brindavan. Typically I only see them being used for Rajdhani/Shatabdi.
Its mainly WAP4 the regular superfast trains.
Brindavan still gets the WAP 4 most times. However, the Lalbagh gets the WAP7. The irony is the MAS-MYS-MAS Shatabi gets all sorts of electric locos. I have seen WAP1, WAM4/6PE Dual airbrake, WAP4 and WAP7 for the Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai Section.

However, to and fro to Mysore the duty is done by WDP4 or very rarely WDG3A.

Quote:
Also whenever I saw WDM twins hauling a passenger train, I use be transported back in time looking at
KK/TN/GT/AP/KL expresses ripping through Central India.

Over the last two decades I have grown seeing that section, getting electrified and double tracked ! Long cherished memories.
It was only KL which used go around Vijaywada during day time. Others (TN/GT) always went though at night.
The guess even the Yelahanka-Gooty/Guntakal section is being electrified. I will surely miss the Diesel monsters.

By the way, I wish the Karnataka Express should get the KJM shed WDP4/WDP4B soon. KJM and UBL has quite a few WDP4 and WDP4Bs doing duty.
Old 27th July 2012, 10:40   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Brindavan still gets the WAP 4 most times. However, the Lalbagh gets the WAP7. The irony is the MAS-MYS-MAS Shatabi gets all sorts of electric locos. I have seen WAP1, WAM4/6PE Dual airbrake, WAP4 and WAP7 for the Chennai-Bangalore-Chennai Section.
I think more than electrification they should double track it first. Then they can electrify the common set-up.
Old 27th July 2012, 10:43   #180
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think more than electrification they should double track it first. Then they can electrify the common set-up.
The track doubling and the electrification of the track between Bangalore and Chennai is long pending.

Bangalore City Junction Railways Station is always busy with high activity of trains.

Also does anybody in here know how to obtain permission for footplating.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed