Team-BHP - Railway Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Railway Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/75014-railway-pics-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1721770)
That's from Pakistan. Read it here.

Fresh Pics: Crowded Train in Pakistan

This can happen only with our loving neighbour.

@Gansan... terrific piece of info. Thanks. So according to you, if those diesel locos are left to run around single, they will beat the **** out of the Ferraris and the Bugattis. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by esteem_lover (Post 1721833)
This can happen only with our loving neighbour.

@Gansan... terrific piece of info. Thanks. So according to you, if those diesel locos are left to run around single, they will beat the **** out of the Ferraris and the Bugattis. :D

No way! For all their power, I don't think any of them are rated for a top speed exceeding 150 KMPH!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MX6 (Post 1721770)
That's from Pakistan. Read it here.

Fresh Pics: Crowded Train in Pakistan

Which means that the situation is no better in Pakistan these days than what it was in 40's.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harishnayak (Post 1721909)
Which means that the situation is no better in Pakistan these days than what it was in 40's.

There was no Pakistan till 1947. It's a lot worse now. I have friends in Army who come back with loads of stories. Sorry for the OT.

Guys we're going :OT
@@Gansan - Pls keep coming up with more info on the Diesel Electric Locos

Nice pix. The diesel locos pack some serious BHPs. Well at first pass it looks like a typical "IRFCA" thread :). The term used by those folk is "Railnut" as we call ourselves "petrol/diesel head".

Wow,i was just searching through different threads and came across this.Railways is another thing that interests me just like automobiles.I'm myself attached to IRFCA through forum and have many snaps of the diesel beasts.Just a couple for the time being.First one is WDP4B,a passenger loco and next one is WDG4,a goods loco.

Ahh, a topic after my own heart. I love railway journeys and everything associated with them. Attaching some pics from a unique train trip that I took on the Flam Railway in Norway last year:

1. En route from Flam to Myrdal

Railway Pics-p1000979.jpg

2. Waiting for the Myrdal to Flam train to pass

Railway Pics-p1000988.jpg

3. The trailing engine

Railway Pics-p1010004.jpg

4. The leading engine

Railway Pics-p1010007.jpg

5. The platform on Myrdal Railway station

Railway Pics-p1010008.jpg

More info on this line at Flåm Line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers,
Vikram

Nice to see this year old thread rejuvenated. For me a journey is almost synonymous with a train. Going by Air doesn't quite qualify for a 'journey'

here is one from my side. Kacheguda rly Stn Hyderabad

Great to see a thread on photos of my other favourite pass time: Indian Railways. I have tons of railway pictures but here are just a few from my huge collection.

Taken a couple of days ago at Coonoor. That's my son standing proudly at the guard's post!

My contribution to this thread.
These snaps were clicked during my college days, on the way to Delhi.

Did not know there were this many IRCFAs on tbhp,am one as well,

Here are some latest pictures of the Duronto Express.This is the Secbad-LTT(Kurla,Mumbai)Duronto.Incidentally Duronto in Bengali means Fast & mischievous,and the train is indeed fast with zero stoppages between Secbad & Mumbai except for a few technical stops for 5mins at Solapur & Pune.Catering is excellent as well,especially now that IRCTC has been taken away from providing food,the quality definitely seems to have improved.These coaches are lovely and it was almost akin to sitting inside an aircraft cabin.These are pictures of the 1-AC compartment.All the rakes are of LHB.

Durontos run at an avg moving speed of 65kph.Super clean washrooms.A bottle of mineral water per passenger per day(ofcourse if you need more,just ask seems to be the motto!)The irritant ofcourse remains the in the form of the coach attendant who keeps coming at the end of the journey for his tips.Irritant because he is otherwise absent and invisible for the entire journey!Hyderabad-Mumbai is covered in approx 11hours.

Very informative thread and lovely pics to go with them ! Thanks to all the contributors for sharing ! Somehow seem to have missed this thread at the start, well, better late than never I guess !