Team-BHP - Railway Pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Railway Pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/75014-railway-pics-55.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawhat (Post 4607493)
This is the train that was dispatched mainly to drought prone Latur and other parts of Marathwada region.

Thanks! Here's another pic I found which clearly says Water Tank:

Railway Pics-1.jpg
Source: Google images

Although not a straight forward railway pic, but this is a screen grab of phone GPS while traveling by Gatimaan Express a few months earlier. The train almost maintained a consistent speed of 160 KMPH between Delhi to Agra, where I alighted. The peak speed registered was 167 KMPH which you can see in the shot below:)

Our return leg was by Shatabdi Express (Bhopal-NDLS), which also hit speeds of 150-152 KMPH consistently.

Railway Pics-cfddbe01cbba422c9ba197ff1ca8cd82.jpeg

Love watching videos of the Gatimaan express on Youtube. India's fastest train if I am not mistaken. The fact that it consistently maintains high speeds result in lot of videos.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saket77 (Post 4611242)
Although not a straight forward railway pic, but this is a screen grab of phone GPS while traveling by Gatimaan Express a few months earlier...

That is indeed good speed! If you do not mind me asking, what is the app you used for measuring speed?

Recently shot at Hubli station.

Railway Pics-img_20190607_060721_651.jpg

Railway Pics-img_20190224_202619_086.jpg

Some recent pictures from Baiyapanahalli and the new terminal coming up. The first picture is from Penukonda area in AP.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 4612005)
Love watching videos of the Gatimaan express on Youtube. India's fastest train if I am not mistaken. The fact that it consistently maintains high speeds result in lot of videos.

Hi! It was a nice experience travelling by the Gatimaan express indeed though hospitality could’ve been better. They have female attendants inside the coaches but they can be more presentable. :) But speed wise and in terms of maintaining punctuality, the train is absolutely spot on.

And yes, currently it’s the fastest on the Indian tracks but probably soon to be second to Talgo trains.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsbhp (Post 4612090)
That is indeed good speed! If you do not mind me asking, what is the app you used for measuring speed?

Hi! It was my wife’s phone but if I remember correctly, the app was ‘Speedometer GPS’.

Regards.

Found this while cleaning the attic today.

Railway Pics-img_20190630_093912_hdr.jpg

Some gyaan at the end.

Railway Pics-img_20190630_201439.jpg

A DEMU (Diesel Electric Multiple Unit) train at Vallabh Vidyanagar (Gujarat) station. The Railway crossing is just next to the platform, so when the train stops half of the train covers the railway crossing portion of the road.

Railway Pics-20190813_134922.jpg

Some pictures I took when I took a ride on the new 3-Phase ICF MEMU to Tyakal and back.

The load (block of rock) in the single wagon had shifted and the wagon was removed from the formation and left at Tyakal station.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4638409)
Some pictures I took when I took a ride on the new 3-Phase ICF MEMU to Tyakal and back.

The load (block of rock) in the single wagon had shifted and the wagon was removed from the formation and left at Tyakal station.

How does this MEMU perform compared to the conventional rake? Is the improvement in acceleration noticeable? I am not taking the train to work these days and missed taking a ride on this one. I believe the RSA is between multiple trains so this new rake does not run on the same train daily. Or does it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by audioholic (Post 4638426)
How does this MEMU perform compared to the conventional rake? Is the improvement in acceleration noticeable? I am not taking the train to work these days and missed taking a ride on this one. I believe the RSA is between multiple trains so this new rake does not run on the same train daily. Or does it?

It is better in most of the aspects to the old rakes.
This one is quite spacious on the inside with wide doors for entry/exit.
During running, it felt way more quiet and comfortable with hardly and swaying on the inside. This has a air bellow on it's bogie too. Not sure if it is LHB based.
The pick up was almost on par with the Bangalore Metro. It reaches 100 kmph probably in some 90-100 seconds and maintains 100 till the next stop. It was quite smooth in acceleration and braking. A big improvement over the old MEMU overall.
This one runs daily, excpet Sunday, between City and Bangarpet. The one running on Mysore line should be another rake.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AkMar (Post 4595519)
Couldn't find a proper thread for this, so posting here itself.

The latest experiment on IR - push pull operation of trains. In this, 2 locos are attached to the train. One at the front and one at the back. Both are MUed through control cables spanning the entire length of the train from lead or master loco to trailing or slave loco. Slave loco need not be manned.

The next train to get this technique is 2951 Mumbai - New Delhi rajdhani express. It is on trial for 2 days. Again the phenomenal acceleration can be seen. The train has easily crossed 100 km/h in 2.3 km after starting from its scheduled halt at Borivali.

https://youtu.be/12cA7I-U3h0

A pic of Bhatkal railway station.

Name:  Bhtakal_Rly_Stn.png
Views: 1732
Size:  669.4 KB

Pic credit to vineetgnr

This was taken during Jordon trip last month. There is no rail network in Jordan. What I have photographed was used for mining purposes and not in use since early 1900s or later.
Railway Pics-imageuploadedbyteambhp1568900622.194158.jpgRailway Pics-imageuploadedbyteambhp1568900711.333544.jpgRailway Pics-imageuploadedbyteambhp1568900767.442839.jpg