Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 18:28   #61
BANNED

Another link
Official ? Tata Magic Iris launched in Jaipur at 2,11,900 rupees | AutomobileHeat
http://***************.com/2010/04/t...gic-iris-price
Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata_magic_iris_price.jpg

Last edited by ottocycle : 21st April 2010 at 18:32.
Old 27th April 2010, 03:59   #62
BHPian

I don't think there is going to be a huge market for IRIS above Rs.2 lakhs. With that in mind, the Advertisement seems fishy.

Has anyone seen a real vehicle at the Dealer or seen any ads in the media?

I am also not able to locate the IRIS in tatamotors.com
Old 3rd May 2010, 20:42   #63
BHPian

Bajaj Auto costs almost 1.40 on Road

Bajaj 4 stroke auto costs almost 1.40 on road. compared to that soft top auto rick or any other Diesel auto rick, this is any time preferred by passenger. In chennai i have seen the ACE magic as preferred share Auto compared to old Pat-Patis.

So i would say 2L is OK for this vehicle, though i would prefer a ace like(twin cylinder) engine compared to the single cylinder engine.
Old 4th September 2010, 13:42   #64
Senior - BHPian

Saw this little fella undergoing testing a few days ago. There is also a red pickup version, which I don't have the pics for.

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-image104.jpg
Old 20th September 2010, 18:51   #65
BHPian

Even I saw one being tested in Pune on Mumbai Bangalore highway near HEMRL / Toyota showroom, the front looked cool and it was very nifty and swift.
Attached Thumbnails
Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata-iris.jpg  

Old 10th May 2011, 21:55   #66
BHPian

Re: Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival

Tata launched the Iris & the Ace zip pickup today in Maharashtra.

Tata Iris costs 1.95 lakhs & pickup costs 1.90 lakhs (both ex-showroom Thane price)

Tata Magic Iris and Ace Zip pickup launched | Rush Lane
Old 11th May 2011, 19:10   #67
BANNED

Both, Iris and Ace zip look cute, a lot better than mahindra geo. I wish they put a good competition to auto-rickshaws.
Old 17th May 2011, 14:52   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Both, Iris and Ace zip look cute, a lot better than mahindra geo. I wish they put a good competition to auto-rickshaws.
Comparing it to the GIO is the biggest insult you can do to the IRIS/ZIP. GIO is a 'Do it in a hurry' hotch potch job with rubber rear suspension and a disproportioned front end. The rear Suspension of the GIO was indeed a reverse engineered Piaggio Ape suspension and was used in the Alfa 3 wheeler. They just seem to have added a steering to the Alfa in the Gio and pasted the 'Rabbit Tooth' Grill to complete the concoction.

The IRIS/ZIP on the other hand comes fully tested (test mules were spotted as early as 2007) with Coil spring suspensions and more importantly with the DNA of the 'Chota Hathi'.

What needs to be seen is the face off between the 441 cc Kohler (GIO) and 611 cc Greaves(ZIP/IRIS) with the Greaves unit showing better specs on paper.
Old 18th May 2011, 08:29   #69
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Gio Post mortem

Here is a presentation which I have received. Not sure this was shared already!
Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide1.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide2.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide3.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide4.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide5.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide6.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide7.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide8.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide9.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide10.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide11.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide12.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide13.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide14.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide15.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide16.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-slide17.jpg
Ashley2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2011, 08:46   #70
BANNED

Re: Mahindra Gio Post mortem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Here is a presentation which I have received. Not sure this was shared already!
Someone who did this presentation must be shown the Bolero too

Well, i feel comparing both the products should not be done, as we all know, TATA's products are always real paisa vasool, even with the looks department too, TATA's have never gone wrong anytime.

At 1.98 lacs its a perfect VFM, But what segment does it cater to......?

Just waiting to see the actual review of IRIS....

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 18th May 2011 at 08:48.
Old 30th July 2011, 23:24   #71
BHPian

Re: Spotted Iris (Adding Interior Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
Spotted Tata Iris here in Pune. Looks as slightly longer then Nano. Did not looked balanced like Nano.
It's been almost a year and a half since HammerHead snapped this particular version of the cute and quirky 'Iris'. I spotted it again today and was wondering how long before they launch it.

How i would love to see this in place of the Bajaj RE AutoRickshaw's that have spread across the nook and crannies of our country.

Its amazing how TML have managed to package the IRIS so beautifully. Just love the dash layout spotted in this particular specimen.
Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata-magic-iris-front-view-st.-anger.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata-magic-iris-rear-view-st.-anger.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata-magic-iris-side-view-st.-anger.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata-magic-iris-view-interiors-drivers-side-st.-anger.jpg

Iris, Tata's quirky little Bajaj auto rival-tata-magic-iris-view-interiors-codrivers-side-st.-anger.jpg
p.s. apologies for the glare in the snaps (was a click and dash job).
Old 17th August 2011, 10:11   #72
BHPian

finally this Littile magic "IRIS" Launched in our country,
Story from Tata Magic Iris Launched In Manipur

Quote:
Imphal,Aug 16: Tata Motors Tuesday expressed its initiative to establish a drivers training institute in Manipur to avoid frequent road accident. The company’s Regional Manager(East) Habib Saleh said this while briefing the media in connection with the formal launching of its latest four seated Tata Magic IRIS here on evening of Independence Day.

Earlier state Chief Minister O Ibobi in presence of former chief minister RB Koijam, Transport Minister L Jayentakumar, Deputy Chairman State Planning Commission Bijoy Koijam and other state officials and business community, formally launched the smallest commercial four wheeler public transport carrier–Tata Magic IRIS for the first time in the country at its MGT Imphal outlet.
According to the Tata Motor officials, the reason behind the formal launching of the vehicle for the first time in the country is because of it’s big market prospects in Manipur as well as the clearance given by concerned state department.
On the advantage of the vehicle, the Tata Motor official further stated that Tata Magic IRIS is designed to become a stylish alternative for those still dependent on the three wheelers as means of public transport. “It will be very suitable in the small and congested roads of Manipur,” the official said and added that being a diesel engine with a powerful 611cc and 11 HP power,the cost of maintenance will also be less.
In short the new vehicle which costs just Rs 1.9 lakh (ex showroom Thane) would be a bread earner commercial vehicles for the self employed youths of the state, he added. Introduction of such commercial transport vehicle in a state like Manipur would certainly improved the economy of the educated unemployed youths.
The officials here felt that the new Tata Magic IRIS will replaced the noisy three wheeler auto-rickshaws which hit the busy Imphal town in the recent past and creates lots of noise pollution.
Old 9th September 2011, 19:25   #73
BHPian

Re: Spotted Iris (Adding Interior Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Anger View Post
It's been almost a year and a half since HammerHead snapped this particular version of the cute and quirky 'Iris'. I spotted it again today and was wondering how long before they launch it.

How i would love to see this in place of the Bajaj RE AutoRickshaw's that have spread across the nook and crannies of our country.

Its amazing how TML have managed to package the IRIS so beautifully. Just love the dash layout spotted in this particular specimen.
Attachment 585732

Attachment 585733

Attachment 585734

Attachment 585735

Attachment 585736
p.s. apologies for the glare in the snaps (was a click and dash job).

Quality of the dashboard, fit and finish, seem to be far ahead than what I have in my Nano... Guess, Tata is more interested in the commercial division, where this is evergreen demand for small vehicles like the Ace and now, the Magic Iris.... But then, the on-road price of Iris could be more than Rs. 2.5 lakh, 25,000 more than my Nano LX right?
Old 8th October 2011, 19:26   #74
Senior - BHPian

I think once launched the biggest competition for the Iris will be from Bajaj. Rajiv Bajaj has already gone record to state that their ULC platform will spawn both three and four wheeler variants. Its the same platform which will be used for the Renault/Nissan car as well. Bajaj has stated that it will be launched by mid 2012 and will be at least 2 generations ahead of existing competition.

Tata needs to repeat what it did with the Ace. Launch the Iris first before any serious competition and get a good head start!!
Old 8th October 2011, 21:39   #75
Senior - BHPian

the rear of the vehicle is so Ritz-fied. The price is very attractive. Considering all sort of diesel three wheeler (single cylinder) cost more than 2 lacs.

The competition by Mahindra looks so flimsy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks