Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2010, 18:26   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacho View Post

On a side note - though the rag used to cover it up looks old as hell, I must say it looks pretty cool flying all over the place, somewhat similar to a guy on a motorcycle with an unzipped jacket. Like it's going really fast or something.
it looks more like the skirt of the girl in the film -- the woman in the red dress.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:04   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally something on the venture is shown.
everyone's talking only about the aria.
The venture would be a super hit if priced and specced right.
kinda of the suited vehicle for middle class families who would otherwise use the omni or the eeco.
Personaly i think this is way better than the EEco.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:27   #18
Senior - BHPian

There is a lot of potential in the package, especially considering the void Omini's absence will create and the demand for a Diesel powerplant. Tata has to price this well below 5 lacs considering that the customers could be tempted for an easy upgarde to an Armada, Tavera or their very own Sumo.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
There is a lot of potential in the package, especially considering the void Omini's absence will create and the demand for a Diesel powerplant. Tata has to price this well below 5 lacs considering that the customers could be tempted for an easy upgarde to an Armada, Tavera or their very own Sumo.
Exactly. TATA should price it in the lines of its TDI Vista. The pricing should not exceed 4.5L. ABS , Airbags should be offered as options. Eager to know full detailed specifications of Venture.

Venture however has inherrent short falls as Frontal safety is a big concern and inside the cabin diesel engine will be noisy and under seat engine placement will make it more Hot.

Interesting to see how TATA has addressed these inherrent issues of Venture's No bonnet -less safety design /engine placment-Noise& Heat inside cabin.
Old 11th March 2010, 19:46   #20
BHPian

As far as I know, the Venture is based on the Ace platform, which means TATA can save on the manufacturing costs,and eventually price it competitively.The typical Indian car customer has always shown an inclination towards carrying the entire family in the car, which means that there would always be a market for a decent priced car in the B / B+ segment that can seat 5-7 passengers.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:23   #21
Senior - BHPian

I feel prices would start at 3-3.5L for the base version, Tata might keep this one at a slightly higher premium to the ECo.
Old 12th March 2010, 09:32   #22
BHPian

I cant agree with you more. Tata needs to mandatorily provide ABS and airbags atleast on the top model as the Venture lacks any sort of concrete protection from frontal impact. With regards to price, ie xpect it to be around 3. The Ace chassis is highly inexpensive and modifying it + bolting on a body should not make it that expensive.
Tata can price it at a premium and still get away with it as its got a diesel engine, a first in this mini-van segment. What astonishes me is Tata's model onslaught. They somehow keep bringing models out of nowhere. First the Iris and then the Venture. They were preceeded by the Ace magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Exactly. TATA should price it in the lines of its TDI Vista. The pricing should not exceed 4.5L. ABS , Airbags should be offered as options. Eager to know full detailed specifications of Venture.

Venture however has inherrent short falls as Frontal safety is a big concern and inside the cabin diesel engine will be noisy and under seat engine placement will make it more Hot.

Interesting to see how TATA has addressed these inherrent issues of Venture's No bonnet -less safety design /engine placment-Noise& Heat inside cabin.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:30   #23
BHPian

Spotted: Tata Vehicle.. don't know which one EDIT: Tata Venture

Phew.. posting after over 18 months on TBHP, but still an everyday visitor.

Today morning spotted this Tata Vehicle today morning outskirts of Pune. Don't know if its posted anywhere.. if yes.. pl merge the thread.

It looked like 8-9 seater, the door looks exactly like Tata ACE. One look and you will know this is built on same platform. No great looker, but something that Tata would want to position against Maruti Eeco. Tata logo was stripped off the front grill. One distinct feature was the windows.. they were exactly the way on a Volvo Bus., no rear door on right side.

It looked much better than Eeco... but in my opinion anything would look better than Eeco
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-30042010171.jpg  

SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-30042010172.jpg  

SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-30042010173.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 1st May 2010 at 23:27. Reason: Please limit smileys to 2/post. Thanks!
Old 30th April 2010, 22:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

great scoop! thats a tata venture van launching this fall here.
Attached Thumbnails
SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-2011tataventurefrontsideview588x398.jpg  

SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-tataventure02.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 30th April 2010 at 22:37.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Is this the new Magic? Evolving like vista from Indica

Doubt if it can be positioned against EECO. But definitely for school buses.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:35   #26
BHPian

Hey one more thing I remembered now - it has unique Wipers... guess what.. Civic Style.. opposite directions!!
Old 30th April 2010, 22:45   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
great scoop! thats a tata venture van launching this fall here.
Yes! That was it.
Old 30th April 2010, 22:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

This is really horrible, I mean not the looks, but the strategy of Tata. Indica, Indicab, Indigo are almost the same; now Ace, Magic, Venture. God knows what's in store for Winger series.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:01   #29
BHPian

However I still didn't get why they need to have a 'On Test' sticker.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:39   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
This is really horrible, I mean not the looks, but the strategy of Tata. Indica, Indicab, Indigo are almost the same; now Ace, Magic, Venture. God knows what's in store for Winger series.
Strategy is simple. Build it cheap and sell it cheap but maintain practicality!!
They are yet to experiment with nano. They must be surely thinking of some "new" car based on nano

Looking at the pic, it looks delicate, only time will tell how reliable it will be.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks