Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2010, 00:08   #61
BHPian

And what happens when the motor gets stuck or settings get messed up. Guess then it will not look like a civic. Ive seen several indicas with wipers ending in the centre of the windscreen. Instead of just copying features tata motors should copy the reliablity standards too.
Old 7th August 2010, 00:19   #62
Senior - BHPian

thats a good find. A nice scoop that.

I wonder which engine TATA modded to plonk in this. TATA doesn't have 1.5 liter in their lineup. Shape look out of proportion.
Old 7th August 2010, 01:22   #63
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

The Venture looks like a smaller version of the Toyota Hiace / Tourister. I guess more than a family car, this would be used as a replacement for 7-8 seater auto's in the villages. Also would be a good replacement for the Omni school bus.
Old 7th August 2010, 10:10   #64
Senior - BHPian

Good pics. I really hope that Venture starts the trend of "camper vans" in India. 2+2+3 is a good move by Tata. I would really like to own this vehicle as a weekend get away.
Old 7th August 2010, 13:37   #65
Senior - BHPian

the vehicle looks quite tall and narrow.. hope its not prone to flipping on the side. The large size wheels look quite good. This is surely going to be a winner again, 1.5 CRDE.. again what is still not there in the Maruti Lineup.

This is going to turn out way better than the outdated ECO frm Maruti
Old 7th August 2010, 14:25   #66
Senior - BHPian

FX, the vehicle would be as narrow or as taller as the Super Ace I believe. I think it can take the side currents of the wind IMHO in city rides. Also, one of teh videos, the vehicle is caught in high speed, so that states that the vehicle was stable!

Last edited by amtak : 7th August 2010 at 14:26.
Old 8th August 2010, 22:07   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
FX, the vehicle would be as narrow or as taller as the Super Ace I believe. I think it can take the side currents of the wind IMHO in city rides. Also, one of teh videos, the vehicle is caught in high speed, so that states that the vehicle was stable!
I don't understand why TATA is keeping the details about Venture's launch so secret. The vehicle has all the ingredients of becoming blockbuster success as there is none comparable in the price range 5-7 lakhs offering decent handling and comfort.

I also would like to have this thread in Indian car scene as it will be of interest of car buyers who want more seats in a vehicle but are intimidated by the size of current offerings (Innova, Xylo, etc.) and are grudgingly contemplating buying a small cars.
Old 10th August 2010, 16:17   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
range 5-7 lakhs offering decent handling and comfort.
Sorry, not more than 3.5-5 lakhs for a van. Our market is still not that mature to pay 5-7 lakhs for a van. Eg. Voyager, Versa.

Quote:
I also would like to have this thread in Indian car scene.
+1 to this. This vehicle deserves to be in the main "Indian Car Scene" section.
Old 10th August 2010, 17:23   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
Sorry, not more than 3.5-5 lakhs for a van. Our market is still not that mature to pay 5-7 lakhs for a van. Eg. Voyager, Versa.

+1 to this. This vehicle deserves to be in the main "Indian Car Scene" section.
1. It may look like a van but is expected to have better suspension, luxerious interiors, versatile seats, twin AC and DIESEL engine on top of all that. That is unlike typical vans in India.

2. Especially when TATA itself is mentioning it as Multi Utility Vehicle, then I don't understand why this thread has been relegated to less popular 'Commercial Vehicle' section, when threads pertaining to other MUVs, SUVs (Scorpio, Innova, Aria, etc) are listed in hugely popular 'Indian Car Scene' section.
Old 12th August 2010, 17:36   #70
Senior - BHPian

May be because it may not be available for private use but "yellow" plates only.
Old 21st August 2010, 13:10   #71
BHPian

But with the Super Ace looks ?????

Despite getting the concoction right(read diesel engine,space and style), i feel they should have tweaked the front end to make it look different from the Super Ace which is found on our roads in very small nos. Considering the fact that yellow boarders have their options from sumo,innova all the way to xylo, i feel a major chunk of the Venture owners will be the white boarders with large families who wouldn't want a load carrier's face on their 'family car'. It'll be great to see Tata masking the face of this Van and 'insulating' it properly from it's 'load bearing' cousins.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:39   #72
BHPian

Interiors look quite decent and spacious
SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-motoroids_tata_venture_auto_expo005.jpg
SCOOP : Tata Venture Caught Testing-motoroids_tata_venture_auto_expo0011.jpg
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:37   #73
BHPian

The interiors look great, a great blend of design and space. Look at the 6 bucket seats, they look so comfortable. Also the leg is magnanimous, to say the least.
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:52   #74
Senior - BHPian

Blueangel, where did you get these pictures from? TATA's have not officially released the venture yet. This looks more like an artist's impression.
Old 23rd August 2010, 08:42   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Images are an artist's impression. Easy to make it look goood & spacious than it actually is.

But the 3-spoke steering wheel is actually looking good.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed