Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2010, 11:26   #106
BHPian

this reminds me of an old mercedes benz van that used to come to my sisters school long long ago to drop off some rich kid. i forget the model line but it was a well known vehicle i think one of the hotels in bangalore still has one of those running about ferrying people.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:29   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhallen.282 View Post
this reminds me of an old mercedes benz van that used to come to my sisters school long long ago to drop off some rich kid. i forget the model line but it was a well known vehicle i think one of the hotels in bangalore still has one of those running about ferrying people.
valhallen,
They are the MB100D and Mb 140D.
But still these two Mercedes vans can be compared to the Tata Winger.

Last edited by gods-envy : 26th October 2010 at 11:31.
Old 26th October 2010, 11:57   #108
BHPian

Nice looking vehicle. the major diff between the ACE and Venture is the engine. the Engine specs looks like the Turbo diesel in Indica. (even the torque matches)

if Tata can price it well, then its gonna be a killer for Eeco.

Personally I was looking for a vehicle like this.. Something that I can travel in the city, but still will be able to carry some load/ dogs in case needed. (the normal hatchback/ Sedan doesnt seem to be an option there)

George
Old 26th October 2010, 19:16   #109
BHPian

I assume Jaipur & Chennai stories were goofup as the vehicle is getting launched only in November.

The vehicle is based on Tata "Super Ace" 1 Ton Capacity and not from the "Chotta Hathi" (for the newbies to this thread).

As per the Spec, it is not clear whether the 3rd row is foldable. I guess it is not otherwise they would have mentioned it. Folding the 3rd row is imporatant as Many EECO owners uses it for goods transport.

My Father in Law, who is waiting for this vehicle's launch definitely needs foldable seat. for moving goods once in a week.

With this Turbo IDI engine, Is it Euro4 complaint? when i enquired for the Tata "Winger Platinum" It is not available in Chennai & Bangalore due to Euro 4 complaint. If they can't make a product with Euro 4 engine, why they are in Automobile business?
Our dealers also will promise us to get registered outsie the City and use it in the city, which spoils the whole purpose of cut down the pollution.
Old 26th October 2010, 21:42   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyBear View Post
If they can't make a product with Euro 4 engine, why they are in Automobile business?
Then Ford should be out of India even sice 2005

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion on the Tata Venture Test Thread

Last edited by GTO : 28th October 2010 at 12:08. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks