Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2010, 20:57   #1
Senior - BHPian

Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper

Spotted this Daimler 25T tipper today evening. This was speeding like a monster that all my photos are almost blurr.It was easily doing more than 90kms.
I was chasing this truck for almost 15km and they were very uncomfortable that I was shooting the pics. They tried to turn the route, stopped in the middle of the road took a U turn and finally they entered a Hotel. I went there and they came for an one to one argument. They even threatened that they will complain and took a note of my car number.
Vehicle details:
6x4 25T tipper.
Ac fully floating sleeper cab.
No idea about engine and cab spec.
No branding and the cab was masked.
Vehicle was registered as TN 21 - Kanchipuram RTO
Attached Thumbnails
Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper-front.jpg  

Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper-rear.jpg  

Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper-side.jpg  

Last edited by Mpower : 9th April 2010 at 02:02. Reason: updated pics sent by poster
Old 6th April 2010, 00:51   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Spotted this Daimler 25T tipper today evening. This was speeding like a monster that all my photos are almost blurr.It was easily doing more than 90kms.
I was chasing this truck for almost 15km and they were very uncomfortable that I was shooting the pics. They tried to turn the route, stopped in the middle of the road took a U turn and finally they entered a Hotel. I went there and they came for an one to one argument. They even threatened that they will complain and took a note of my car number.
Vehicle details:
6x4 25T tipper.
Ac fully floating sleeper cab.
No idea about engine and cab spec.
No branding and the cab was masked.
Vehicle was registered as TN 21 - Kanchipuram RTO

Attachment 322807

Attachment 322808

Attachment 322809

Attachment 322810

Wow, its really a great find. Great job.

Where have you spotted it?

It doesn't seems like the normal global offering model. It may be the brazilian version.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:13   #3
BHPian

Lol, next time they decide to have a test drive, they will check your whereabouts first.
Old 6th April 2010, 12:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have had my share of arguments with the TVS folks while capturing such pictures of their scooty etc. As long as they are plying on public roads the privacy laws do not apply to vehicles, they can only complain about pictures being taken of them as individuals.

When Hyundai Getz was being test driven I had a running battle all the way from Vellore upto "Meenakshi Medical College" with two Sonata's trying to shield the test driven car from me. Finally they stopped the car on the side with both the Sonata's covering it from the road side. All I did was park my car a little further and hide myself behind a Puncture shop. After a good 15 minutes they moved on hoping the devil was off their backs only for me to capture the car while they crossed me.

Good capture though, am sure they would be doing their rounds again in the days to come, so you could give it a shot once again.
Old 6th April 2010, 23:33   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Wow, its really a great find. Great job.

Where have you spotted it?

It doesn't seems like the normal global offering model. It may be the brazilian version.
Thanks buddy. Its in Hosur. I feel its more like a cab from Fuso range
Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
I have had my share of arguments with the TVS folks while capturing such pictures of their scooty etc. As long as they are plying on public roads the privacy laws do not apply to vehicles, they can only complain about pictures being taken of them as individuals.

When Hyundai Getz was being test driven I had a running battle all the way from Vellore upto "Meenakshi Medical College" with two Sonata's trying to shield the test driven car from me. Finally they stopped the car on the side with both the Sonata's covering it from the road side. All I did was park my car a little further and hide myself behind a Puncture shop. After a good 15 minutes they moved on hoping the devil was off their backs only for me to capture the car while they crossed me.

Good capture though, am sure they would be doing their rounds again in the days to come, so you could give it a shot once again.
Thats really a long chase I believe.
Great to read that.
Old 12th January 2011, 15:08   #6
Senior - BHPian

Daimlers New brand for India - Bharat Benz?

Daimlers New brand for India - Bharat Benz?
Daimler comes with a new game plan for India: Erich Nesselhauf - The Economic Times
Attached Thumbnails
Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper-daimlers-new-brand-india-bharat-benz.jpg  

Last edited by Ashley2 : 12th January 2011 at 15:11.
Old 12th January 2011, 15:29   #7
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper

The link (as the image is not clear)
Daimler comes with a new game plan for India: Erich Nesselhauf - The Economic Times
Old 12th January 2011, 16:00   #8
Senior - BHPian

Well, knowing Daimler, they will definitely have a great product on their hands, they should give serious competition the sub-premium market dominated by AMW, MAN, ALL U-truck.

Also there seems to be some misquoting, as one answer calls for a 9liter 4cyl engine which is crazy. its probably a 9L 6-cyl engine. And looking at the product quality, and the base MB Axor trucks, and the kind of hp they are offering, this should be in direct competition of the Tata Prima. And with the high level of local content they should be a match in terms of price too. Things are going to get tough especially for the smaller players like MAN, Mahindra Navistar and AMW, with big wigs like TML, DICV and ALL for competition.

With the numbers they are looking to acheive in the next few years though, there will be no move in Tata's position as the Market leader. Their annual figure of 36000 is matched by TML in a month in the present state.

But I dont know about the specific Indian brand, why not stick with just plain Daimler India.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:31   #9
Senior - BHPian

More Pics

Recent Pics
They are evident that they are launching products similar in specs with TMl and ALL. Some observations
Rear Bogie
Non Hub Reduction axles
Brake chambers in well high position
Tail lamps from Lumax - Similar with TML and ALL
Relatively neat day cabin.

Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper-p301010_09.01.jpg

Spy pics of Daimler 25T Tipper-p301010_09.14_01.jpg
Old 12th January 2011, 18:44   #10
Senior - BHPian

Well, considering that the localisation amount is really high, some level of shared parts are inevitable between manufacturers. But unless you get the exact specs will be difficult to say which market this will cater to, especially the drivetrain specs.

Already they are providing something that the standard Tata or ALL trucks dont offer, bogie rear suspension.

Also one other thing, will the come out with chassis only models or stick to fully built stuff.

Last edited by julupani : 12th January 2011 at 18:45.
Old 12th January 2011, 18:52   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Already they are providing something that the standard Tata or ALL trucks dont offer, bogie rear suspension.
Boggie is offered by both TM and AL.
In fact AL was the first to offer it in their Hippo and beaver models even from 90's.
Current models in 6x4:
TM- 2523
AL - U-2523

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Also one other thing, will the come out with chassis only models or stick to fully built stuff.
High chances they may come with chassis option for rigid trucks but for tippers certainly not.
Old 12th January 2011, 19:02   #12
Senior - BHPian

Interesting that MB is launching a whole new second brand 'Daimler' for its line of CVs.

Quote:
Boggie is offered by both TM and AL.
exactly what is boggie?
Old 12th January 2011, 19:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Interesting that MB is launching a whole new second brand 'Daimler' for its line of CVs.
Dont know if I understood you wrong. But Daimler is the parent company.
As far as i know these are the trucks for the Indian roads which will be launched in the late 2012 or the early 2013.
This is not an entirely new design, but parts picked from Mitsubishi Fuso and MB trucks and then tested and modifed to meet indian regulations and roads. Few tests are even carried out at ARAI.
Daimler had initially partnered with Hero group, who backed out during recession. Daimler then decided to go on its own and today its called DICV or daimler india commercial vehicles based in Chennai.

Last edited by zteg : 12th January 2011 at 19:19.
Old 12th January 2011, 19:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

I meant Tata and ALL dont offer it on their standard, but their high end products. Both Tata and ALL offer bogie on a lot more models than just those 2.
Old 12th January 2011, 23:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That shows the seriousness and their commitments to Bharat - India.
Really nice to spell Bharat _ Benz

Quote:
exactly what is boggie?
Boggie is a kind of heavy duty suspension type offered in multi axle vehicles.
Usually the leaf thickness and spring index will be higher.
As a additional info, I can tell the conventional are the Non reactive type and those inverted types are called Boggie.
Many products are with this suspension.
AMW 4923, 2523
TML 3138, 4928
ALL 4923, 3123
and many more

Last edited by Ashley2 : 12th January 2011 at 23:12.
Ashley2 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks