Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th April 2010, 20:47   #16
BHPian

Tata Marcopolo buses are built on LP709, LP909, LP712, LP912 platforms by Tata Marcopolo at Dharward, karnataka. These platforms have been there in the market for quiet a long time now. Unlike Tata Starbus Skool series, these Marcopolo buses are build at one of the most modern bus building plant in India. And these are sure to stay!

Meanwhile, Mahindra Tourister is a new entrant (comparatively) and has been doing well in markets like Kerala. The body of tourister is built by private players like HMM Coaches, MG-Alma Motors etc as per company specifications.

Both these buses are designes as per existing norms in CMVR. The only factors that should bother you is the Maintenance Cost, Service/spares support avaliability, performance etc. The colour of lights, position of speakers, number of window rails etc are all secondry!
Old 7th April 2010, 22:22   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finject View Post
Looking at the current information I have i'm v. much tilted towards tourister but still I'd like to know if there is more to know..
From the post itself it is some what clear that you are biased towards Tourister. But this is the busy time of the year for School bus manufactures, and not sure any one you pick will be able to deliver it before the school opens (June?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
The only factors that should bother you is the Maintenance Cost, Service/spares support avaliability
That is one area where Tata consistently scores over competition (May be performance others could match) and that is the exact reason competition concentrates on other simple aspects (such as color of the indicator) leaving the main aspects.

Last edited by Eddy : 8th April 2010 at 13:36. Reason: Please use the edit / multiquote option instead of posting back to back posts within 20 mins. Thanks.
Old 8th April 2010, 12:22   #18
BHPian

Thank you all for your valuable inputs..was surely more helpful than the dealers that i had to deal with. Although I'm still skewed towards tourister. I will provide all sides of the story to my uncle to help him out. thanks again.. TeamBHP rocks! []
Old 22nd April 2010, 01:52   #19
Senior - BHPian

I know that the MarcoPolo buses have emergency exits, and it is such utter baloney that the competitor claims otherwise. The very fact that the Mahindra presentation (whether from the dealer or the company is immaterial) cites bogus things as being advantages totally makes me side with the Marcopolo bus.

It's funny that I have a relative who owns a school as well, and all his buses are from the Skool range (Tata). I have myself checked them out (but I didn't actually have a say in the purchase) and found them to be of pretty good quality and it has had some ideas borrowed from school buses in the west. My relative also took the trouble of putting in impact absorbing foam in the last row, instead of using it to seat children. That really is a very nice idea, in fact one that makes the parents really happier.
Old 8th June 2010, 02:24   #20
BHPian

Which School buses to buy

Hi Teambhp,

Please help me on deciding a school bus

requirements are
1) 32 - 36 seaters
2) Safety
3) good mailage
4) good after sales services.
5) VFM

I have shortlisted
1. Tata Starbus Skool 36 +1 - 12lks on road
2. Eicher 10.75 H [COLOR=#ff0000]SKYLINE SCHOOL 34+1[/COLOR] price almost same as Tatastarbus
3. Swaraj Mazda - (not aware of the model) 32+1 around 11 lakhs
4. M & M - MAHINDRA TOURISTER 32+1 around 11 lakhs
Old 8th June 2010, 10:15   #21
Senior - BHPian

I think there is already a thread that talkes about this. In Kerala which is dominated by AL buses, Tata is the preferred bus of choice for schools. I have seen Starbus/Skool and 909 buses in Kerala. This is just an observation..
Old 8th June 2010, 20:36   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind BS View Post
Hi Teambhp,

Please help me on deciding a school bus
I have shortlisted
1. Tata Starbus Skool 36 +1 - 12lks on road
2. Eicher 10.75 H [COLOR=#ff0000]SKYLINE SCHOOL 34+1[/COLOR] price almost same as Tatastarbus
3. Swaraj Mazda - (not aware of the model) 32+1 around 11 lakhs
4. M & M - MAHINDRA TOURISTER 32+1 around 11 lakhs
Hey, why no AL??? Check out AL latest "A+" range of fully built school buses also! Check "Milestones" in the below link:
Automobile News Magazine | Online Automobile Magazine
Old 8th June 2010, 21:15   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Hey, why no AL??? Check out AL latest "A+" range of fully built school buses also! Check "Milestones" in the below link:
Did not know that "A+" was their brand! Here is one A+ recently bought by Amrita Vidyalayam: (They have taken 10 of these, all on Lynx platform)Mahindra Tourister i vs Tata Marcopolo & others - Need a School Bus-image0110.jpg
Apologies for the poor pic - was shot on the mobile phone in badly underlit conditions.

Last edited by binaiks : 8th June 2010 at 21:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks