Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2010, 18:09   #1
BHPian

AshokLeyland iT09

The Faisal and Resmi bus is travelling between Calicut and Palghat which are both in Kerala but they have their destination boards written in Tamil as well. Any reason why? I can understand if it was travelling betwen Palghat to any place across the border but not sure if there are sufficient Tamil population (who do not know Malayalam) who travel between these 2 cities.
Old 26th April 2010, 18:16   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
here are some of the buses which i spotted in calicut. note the artistic liveries of these buses. more over operators are now trying ac, air suspension, mobile charging facilities,reclinable seats and television sets with good quality speakers too to attract passengers and they are winning in these terms too.
PA brothers bus has the best body, but the painting is hopless.
Old 26th April 2010, 19:20   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
The Faisal and Resmi bus is travelling between Calicut and Palghat which are both in Kerala but they have their destination boards written in Tamil as well. Any reason why? I can understand if it was travelling betwen Palghat to any place across the border but not sure if there are sufficient Tamil population (who do not know Malayalam) who travel between these 2 cities.
The operators are just trying to help people who do not know malayalam... Lots of private and government buses running out of Aluva have their boards written in Hindi as well. These days, KeSRTC buses heading to Munnar have their boards written in English, Malayalam, Tamil and Hindi!!!

During the Sabarimala season, buses going to Pamba have boards written in English, Malayalam, Tamil, Hindi, Kannada and Telugu!

AshokLeyland iT09-p1340021.jpg
(This is a board on an KSRTC bus heading to Pamba from Ernakulam)
Old 5th May 2010, 15:08   #4
BHPian

KSRTC Body Shop

This is a satellite view of the KSRTC Central Body Workshop at Pappanamcode near Thiruvananthapuram courtesy Google Earth.

AshokLeyland iT09-pappanamcode.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 21:23   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Might be OT: spotted an SRS travels bus which looked very similar to Volvo but in smaller dimensions. However upon getting close to the bus, it was a TATA bus with rear engine and AC. The glass panels are very similar to Volvo in terms of design. The body is built by ACGL

Wonder which model of TATA is this.
Old 5th May 2010, 21:41   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Might be OT: spotted an SRS travels bus which looked very similar to Volvo but in smaller dimensions. However upon getting close to the bus, it was a TATA bus with rear engine and AC. The glass panels are very similar to Volvo in terms of design. The body is built by ACGL

Wonder which model of TATA is this.
They are the Tata Hispano Globus SRS Travels - Online Bus tickets from Bangalore to Chennai, Belgaum, Hubli, Dharwad, Bijapur, Shimoga, Thirunellar - Bus Tickets Online, Online Bus Reservation
AshokLeyland iT09-srshispano.jpg
Old 5th May 2010, 21:54   #7
BHPian

SRS Travels have launched their services in a big way in almost all major routes.

Most of the buses are 2+2 Air condition buses for big cities. 2+2 Non AC for smaller cities.

Very few Volvo, Tata Hispanio. Check out the below link.

SRS Travels - Online Bus tickets from Bangalore to Chennai, Belgaum, Hubli, Dharwad, Bijapur, Shimoga, Thirunellar - Bus Tickets Online, Online Bus Reservation

I am seeing many buses suddenly in Bangalore. They look very neat and clean.

Looks like they are also launching the services like how VRL did few years back.
Old 6th May 2010, 14:21   #8
BHPian

Attachment 343863

A small mod I did on KSRTC's Venad service. The usual front on the Leyland buses is downright ugly while the Tata's are acceptable.

Base image of the RNM 4 Tata being readied for registration ©Bhakthans@www.ksrtcblog.com

Last edited by smashnerd : 6th May 2010 at 14:32. Reason: Addition of copyright information, spelling mistake correction.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:11   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
Attachment 343863
A small mod I did on KSRTC's Venad service. The usual front on the Leyland buses is downright ugly while the Tata's are acceptable.

Base image of the RNM 4 Tata being readied for registration ©Bhakthans@www.ksrtcblog.com
I like the new Tata front better than this.
AshokLeyland iT09-ksrtcnewtatabus.jpg Courtesy: RNA Chakrapaani, Orkut
Old 6th May 2010, 22:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Attachment 344112 Courtesy: RNA Chakrapaani, Orkut
They're both fine and definitely better than the AL's.
Old 6th May 2010, 22:17   #11
BHPian

Hey this is nice. Hadnt seen this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Attachment 344112 Courtesy: RNA Chakrapaani, Orkut
Old 8th May 2010, 14:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

I had been from Hyderabad to Mumbai in the Kesineni travels it started around 6.40pm from SR nagar.crossed bhel 8.00pm.He stopped for dinner at Basavakalyan around 10pm and started again at 10.30pm.During my sleep just got up to see where I am and was crossing Indapur 2am.Crossed Talegaon checkpost 5am dropping me at Sion 7.10am.
While coming back I had taken the omer travels which starts at 9.30pm from Sion the bus was really crawling.Stopped at Basavakalyan morning 9am and reached Hyderabad Kondapur 12noon.I felt these late night volvos from Mumbai is not worth.
Old 8th May 2010, 15:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Down South, ABT is synonymous with safety and prompt service. I have never heard of any rash driving, their buses are maintained very well.

You also get comfortable leather seats, individual plug point, lights etc.
Old 8th May 2010, 16:31   #14
BHPian

Can anybody post pics/experiences etc on Tata Hispano? I am quite curious to know how it really is.

While searching found this video from youtube thanks to bunnyp1983. Is this bunnypunia?

Old 8th May 2010, 23:24   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
They're both fine and definitely better than the AL's.
News paper reports say 420 new KerSRTC buses will be on road before June end, of which around 300 are Tatas (I guess same old 1512c) and the rest AL. Also the total includes 50 no of 12M buses (Can not make out from the report, whether these are AL or TM).

Last edited by teamveevee : 8th May 2010 at 23:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks