Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2010, 17:36   #16
Senior - BHPian

Unless you are looking for a Motorhome kind of a vehicle, an Innova or the yet to be launched Tata Aria or the Tavera may be the best bet for touring the country.

The winger would be the next choice if you want a more manageable vehicle with flexible seating or something that can be converted into a simple motor home.
Old 20th July 2010, 23:16   #17
BHPian

Motorhome

Infact, I am looking for a AC van which can comfortably seat 6-8 passengers (including driver), have wide and comfortable beds for 2 persons which may be folded out from the seats. A small chemical toilet mandatory. Small kitchenette for heating/preparing/serving snacks essential. Luggage space for 4-5 large suitcases, good tourer and longlegged with adequate torque & power to do 100+ kmph on the highways without any fuss all day. Rear wheel drive desirable. roof height to allow a six footer to stand without bending down. The drivability should be good since i aim to drive it myself.
i think the requirements take me closest to the traveller luxury. The CRDI TT has me interested.
Comments folks...

atul
Old 20th July 2010, 23:22   #18
Senior - BHPian

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATUL SINGH View Post
Infact, I am looking for a AC van which can comfortably seat 6-8 passengers (including driver), have wide and comfortable beds for 2 persons which may be folded out from the seats. A small chemical toilet mandatory. Small kitchenette for heating/preparing/serving snacks essential. Luggage space for 4-5 large suitcases, good tourer and longlegged with adequate torque & power to do 100+ kmph on the highways without any fuss all day. Rear wheel drive desirable. roof height to allow a six foofter to stand without bending down. The drivability should be good since i aim to drive it myself.
i think the requirements take me closest to the traveller luxury. The CRDI TT has me interested.
Comments folks...

atul
One gentleman here is selling his motorhome built on swaraj mazda t3500 complete with shower as well.pictures look good do checkout
Old 20th July 2010, 23:57   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
+1 to that. I have travelled for around 300kms in the Winger and have driven it for about 20kms.
Now you have Tata Winger Platinum, with all the luxury, available in Select markets. It is really a VFM.
Tata Motors introduces Tata Winger Platinum in Kochi -WheelsUnplugged Automobile Industry News
Old 21st July 2010, 10:04   #20
BHPian

Hi, I am looking for a pick-up vehicle for my staff. Two smaller vehicles like the Maruti Eeco was in my sights as it can easily navigate the small streets of Siliguri. Somebody suggested Winger/Traveller. How is the maintenance like for the Traveller?
Old 21st July 2010, 15:28   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Infact, I am looking for a AC van which can comfortably seat 6-8 passengers (including driver), have wide and comfortable beds for 2 persons which may be folded out from the seats. A small chemical toilet mandatory. Small kitchenette for heating/preparing/serving snacks essential. Luggage space for 4-5 large suitcases, good tourer and longlegged with adequate torque & power to do 100+ kmph on the highways without any fuss all day. Rear wheel drive desirable. roof height to allow a six footer to stand without bending down. The drivability should be good since i aim to drive it myself.
Comments folks...

atul
Your requirement reminds me about the article in Auto India during late 90s about the Traveller modified by Dilip Chabria. I think Hightop Traveller would probably be the only choice when you need driving comfort and a 6 footer to stand erect. Please bear in mind the difficulty of parking also while considering these rides.

My friend's uncle is riding Traveller since more than a decade. He has a big family and drives more in rural villages and some forest drives being a naturalist.
Old 23rd July 2010, 15:09   #22
Senior - BHPian

hi ATUL SINGH ji
uploading some scanned brochures that i had got when i went to our local dealer for inquiry about army 4x4 force excel .

Traveller luxury available in 7+d, 9+d, 12+d , 13+d.
AC with twin blowers.
swb traveller is better option than winger.(in my opinion)

BTW i really like the new look of the traveller.
Tempo (Force) Traveller drivability-scan0002.jpg

Tempo (Force) Traveller drivability-scan0001.jpg
Old 25th July 2010, 00:59   #23
BHPian

Test Drive

Folks,
Took the test drive of the TT luxury a few days back. It was the 14 seater with roof mounted Ac and twin blowers. On the test drive- the engine was loud and thrashy, as already told earlier it seems the gearing is short to compensate for the low power levels from this motor. The power steering was hard and stiff, may be with 970 kms on the odo it needed a service or something...at least thats what the sales guy told me. the AC was very effective and within a minute the whole vehicle was pretty cool on the inside. Driving with the tacky and stiff power steerinng was a pain, the engine was sluggish and rumbling, vibrations made me feel like i was driving a 1210SE. The gear throws were mushy and at all precise. Speed up to 55kmph in 4th and the vibrations were slightly down, but the engine was still not purring exactly, shifting to 5th at 60kmph and the truck feel came back... The technical guy at the showroom told me that the CRDI version would take another 1 year or so, but after my driving impression i would prefer to wait and evaluate next year.

Atul
Old 25th July 2010, 12:41   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

@atul: Definitely wait for the CRDe version. The OM611 engine has been on their website for many years now. I feel if you can get the Trax 7+D seater SWB luxury version with the new CRDe powertrain, it will be better than the winger.

The 90 bhp engine of the winger will be too slow to move a fully loaded winger. If Tata does plonk the 120 bhp version of the 2.2 engine in the winger, then I feel it will be a good option to the Force from a serviceability standpoint.

Tata dealers generally see more private owners than Force motors. Also remember that if you need to wait in the Force motors customer waiting area, you need a Khaki shirt and a hanky around you neck.
Old 25th July 2010, 21:08   #25
BHPian

Crdi

Thanks 4x4.
I am going to wait for the new common rail engine and also hope that Force Motors see some logic in generally upgrading the drivability by providing a better gear box with shorter but precise throws and revised ratios for better cruising. Cant understand why stop midway when they can have a world beater in the basic package that they have. Even the dashboard needs some better layout and sleeker looks along with a tacho. The ORVM's need control from the inside otherwise its impossible for the driver to adjust the left side one. The driver seat is ok but the controls for adjustment are notchy and hard. some basic engineering and tunning up is all it needs. Incase i'm not getting greedy some assistance for reversing like a well placed angled mirror outside the rear doors is essential. The crank mechanism for the front door sliding glasses was pretty hard, possible could have been because the vehicle i drove was new or maybe it is by design. And the last grouse...why such a restriction to colours. I'm sure more shades of solid and metallics are only going to endear it to more users.
I know the last one was supposed to be my last grouse but why miss an opportunity...The front shape has been reshaped and i believe a lot of people like it, but, with due regards to DC, it looks like an after market patch up from DC with an overdose of FRP and plastics, not befitting the vehicle at all. The earlier clean lines looked definitely more better and aggressive. Dont take my word for it FM, but start looking at your product with pride and i'm sure things will fall into place, you already have a great basic platform to start from...

atul
Old 7th January 2016, 23:13   #26
BHPian

Re: Crdi

Quote:
Thanks 4x4.
I am going to wait
.. so did you choose something?
Old 8th January 2016, 09:56   #27
BHPian

Re: Crdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridutt View Post
.. so did you choose something?
Nothing @Sridutt buddy. The vehicle seems to be as crude as ever and now i am of the opinion that common sense is not so common in us humans. Really dont understand the way the R&D and design boffins at Force motors think. We are not looking at expensive dies for the body panels or major mechanical upgrades...just make the vehicle more smooth and driveable. Had owned a Maruti Versa DX for nearly a decade and managed to do 1.3L kms in it. Only let it go because the rusting of body and panels was too accelerated and astronomical. Otherwise that is what Force should be targeting in terms of smoothness and convenience...
Had set my sights for a 7-8 seater SUV but the current 2000cc diesel ban has managed to hit me under the belt.
ATUL SINGH is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks