Team-BHP - New Contender in the Mini Truck Segment - Spy pics
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   New Contender in the Mini Truck Segment - Spy pics (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/87527-new-contender-mini-truck-segment-spy-pics.html)

Caught this test mule on the Bangalore - Krishnagiri road today. The Brand moniker above the grille read "PORTER" though it is not clear in the pics.
It was being tested by Bosch. When enquired they refused to divulge any info.
Is this a new company setting shop in India??

So there is +1 to the now hot mini truck segment!

Looks beautiful; but I'm skeptical about the double headlights. Hope the smaller dials are parking lamps.

PS - I was under the impression that no vehicles should have a company fitted double headlamps

The truck looks beautiful, nice catch auto freak, i especially love head lamps. They are better than many cars in india in my opinion. I would love to see this on indian roads but i think that may not be the case, there are chances that bosch is testing some new technology with this vehicle. Why is it left hand driven...

@ indianvirus,
Yes i too fell prey to its looks! :)
Lets hope it gets launched here.
May be they are using an imported unit for trials here. Hence the LHD! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auto freak (Post 2037799)
Caught this test mule on the Bangalore - Krishnagiri road today. The Brand moniker above the grille read "PORTER" though it is not clear in the pics.

That's Piaggio Porter!

Check it out here:
Piaggio-Transporter

the headlights resemble a palio . Yes , it is the piaggio porter . May be they are coming up with a lombardini crdi engine and bosch is testing the engine .

this looks good even quality-wise, i think this will be positioned to compete with Super ACE..

Its beautifully made. It has AC vents too, with well laid out dash. I am skeptical the final product will retain this.

I congratulate TATA for creating a whole new segment. Prior to this Mahindra etc were selling three wheelers at this price. i think they never even in their dreams have thought about this segment.

i saw a similar looking vehicle in white on the new elevated high was to narayan hrudayalaya in bangalore a few weeks back . it had broken down and they were waiting for back up ... couldnt take any snaps :-(

Piaggio is developing a new CRDI engine (2Cylinder) with 64 bhp output. The same engine is also to go into the new GM line of (Chinese) origin tata ace segment contenders.

So they might be testing the same along with the new model.

The ape truk basically did not do much in india

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 2039655)
Its beautifully made. It has AC vents too, with well laid out dash. I am skeptical the final product will retain this.

I congratulate TATA for creating a whole new segment. Prior to this Mahindra etc were selling three wheelers at this price. i think they never even in their dreams have thought about this segment.

The TATAs have done a great job by creating this different segment altogether. But ironically, as it always happens, it doesn't remain the monopoly of the creator. Read somewhere that TVS, Bajaj and a sleuth of other companies, both Indian and the foreign ones are developing similar products. It shows the growth rural India promises.