Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2010, 11:33   #16
BHPian

Just checked Kadri007's photos in skyscrapercity website.

As per the forum, the buses are imported and has been assembled by MCV, Egypt (and hence the model number MCV C120 LE). The specification in the website of MCV lists using OM906 LA as against OM 926 LA used in Merc's Intercity model. OM 906 LA has power of 191 KW and torque of 950 Nm which is less than Volvo.
@AarGee, these buses are owned by MB and are on trial. KSRTC has still not purchased them. So you still see Pune's registration number.
Old 16th September 2010, 17:24   #17
Senior - BHPian

I happened to spot one of these Mercedes-Benz city buses in Pune last month, but couldn't get a clear view. Now, after seeing these pics, I am surprised that these buses look so shockingly ordinary for a Mercedes-Benz. It absolutely can't stand next to a Volvo in terms of street presence, let alone command premium image.

How did Mercedes-Benz chose such a poor design for India when they are known for designing good-looking buses like Citaro and Travego?
Old 16th September 2010, 18:02   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Just checked Kadri007's photos in skyscrapercity website.

As per the forum, the buses are imported and has been assembled by MCV, Egypt (and hence the model number MCV C120 LE). The specification in the website of MCV lists using OM906 LA as against OM 926 LA used in Merc's Intercity model. OM 906 LA has power of 191 KW and torque of 950 Nm which is less than Volvo.
@AarGee, these buses are owned by MB and are on trial. KSRTC has still not purchased them. So you still see Pune's registration number.
If I'm not mistaken MCV is based out in UK, and owned by a Egyptian parent company.

And this is the latest CE120LE i found on the net.
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes 120LE City-Bus starts trial service in Bangalore-img_7194.jpg  

Most Viewed