Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2010, 22:11   #91
BHPian

@Raj...

I feel Irizar is talking about their new iT09 model for that price (22Lkh). And it can in no way be compared to Prakash 8000 type a/c bus. Simply because, iT09 is a premium product unlike the P8000.

Do not forget to get OE fitted radial tyres for your Viking this time. Its not a luxury anymore!
And for your info, Tata offers BS3 model fitted with Cummins engine (mechanical, 4 valve per cylinder, rotary FIP) unlike AL BS3 which is ECU controlled. Already 10 each of both these vehicles are undergoing trials with KSRTC.
Old 20th September 2010, 01:31   #92
BANNED

Raj - regarding the VIking vs. 12M thingie - look at the overall length of the vehicle. I strongly suggest you actually visit Irizar workshop. You have already been to Prakash.
Old 20th September 2010, 08:25   #93
BHPian

Hi Raj,

I can see TVS body buses in Hyderabad for Airport transit and within an year it appears to be very old and the looks are not that worth welcoming. I would say Prakash is far far better.

Another personal opinion from my side for TVS, starting with our old Mahindra internatrional Jeep, we had very bad experience with TVS. When we changed our jeep to high-speed one, the experience never changed.

When I shifted to Hyderabad I opted for TVS parcel, and .. oh man what a bad service. Almost all the valuables had damages.

At last, when I was plannning to buy Fusion, one of the two ford dealers at Hyderabad was TVS and just for name sake I enquired about their service and I got very negative feedback.

So overall I would say stay away from TVS.
Old 20th September 2010, 09:48   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashnerd View Post
It's the same regional partiality thing, I guess. But, I don't think their bodies are that great. Even the new Volvo's are having a slightly rough exterior finish.
Possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
@Raj...

I feel Irizar is talking about their new iT09 model for that price (22Lkh). And it can in no way be compared to Prakash 8000 type a/c bus. Simply because, iT09 is a premium product unlike the P8000.
Thats true.

Quote:
Do not forget to get OE fitted radial tyres for your Viking this time. Its not a luxury anymore!
yes, we have already specified that to AL this time!

Quote:
And for your info, Tata offers BS3 model fitted with Cummins engine (mechanical, 4 valve per cylinder, rotary FIP) unlike AL BS3 which is ECU controlled. Already 10 each of both these vehicles are undergoing trials with KSRTC.
Isnt ECU controlled a better option? even if it is not, no TATA for us. I may consider an Eicher but not a TATA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Raj - regarding the VIking vs. 12M thingie - look at the overall length of the vehicle. I strongly suggest you actually visit Irizar workshop. You have already been to Prakash.
We would anyways not be spending 22L for the body, so whats the point in visiting the Irizar factory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Hi Raj,

I can see TVS body buses in Hyderabad for Airport transit and within an year it appears to be very old and the looks are not that worth welcoming. I would say Prakash is far far better.

Another personal opinion from my side for TVS, starting with our old Mahindra internatrional Jeep, we had very bad experience with TVS. When we changed our jeep to high-speed one, the experience never changed.

When I shifted to Hyderabad I opted for TVS parcel, and .. oh man what a bad service. Almost all the valuables had damages.

At last, when I was plannning to buy Fusion, one of the two ford dealers at Hyderabad was TVS and just for name sake I enquired about their service and I got very negative feedback.

So overall I would say stay away from TVS.
TVS is the only AL dealer in cochin. and yes, their service is pathetic.
Old 20th September 2010, 19:35   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Isnt ECU controlled a better option? even if it is not, no TATA for us. I may consider an Eicher but not a TATA.
TVS is the only AL dealer in cochin. and yes, their service is pathetic.
Brand is only same between them. I think they are managed by different management
Old 20th September 2010, 23:49   #96
Senior - BHPian

Hello Guys,

May be for Ashley, any idea which chassis, body and engines are being used in the AL Buses that are being assembeled in UAE (AL Ras Al Khaima Assembly Plant).

The A/c Buses which form the 80% of the School Buses here look quiet sleek.

Thhe A/c of these runs off the main engine with the blower unit etc sitting on the roof

I think they are basically Falcons

I will try and get some pictures of the same.

A marketing video by the dealer can be seen here, which says that it is Falcon.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram

Last edited by r_nairtvm : 20th September 2010 at 23:57.
Old 21st September 2010, 08:51   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
I think they are basically Falcons
Yes you are right!
They are Falcons.

Last edited by Ashley2 : 21st September 2010 at 08:53.
Old 21st September 2010, 10:24   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley2 View Post
Yes you are right!
They are Falcons.
Ashley,

Does the Falcons come with a specific Chaciss/Engine Combo. If so which is the engine?

Also I know that these buses are assembled out of CKD Kits here. So who makes the body kits? Irizar?

The seats and A/C (mostly - Mandoop) are imported directly from the manufacturers and incorporated.

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 21st September 2010, 11:05   #99
Senior - BHPian

@r_nairtvm & AshLey2:
Good to see these things. The interior (excluding seats) of the bus looks much better than those offered by Prakash, Veera, etc. No bling.

Hey, are we not hijacking this thread?
Old 21st September 2010, 18:02   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ashley,

Does the Falcons come with a specific Chaciss/Engine Combo. If so which is the engine?
Yes, its seperate combo. But I am sorry that I don have details on the specification
Quote:
Also I know that these buses are assembled out of CKD Kits here. So who makes the body kits? Irizar?
They are sent from the Indian unit AFAIK.

Quote:
The seats and A/C (mostly - Mandoop) are imported directly from the manufacturers and incorporated.
The plant is owned by AL and these kits are assembled there.
Old 21st September 2010, 21:03   #101
BHPian

Quote:
what do you expect buddy?[/b]
I hope you didnt mind my comment.

A/c buses are more upmarket, wouldnt like to have such flashy paints and want less bling on the inside.

The Parasuram A/c airbus for example, it stands out from the usual malabar buses with brighter liveries and its upmarket too.
Old 21st September 2010, 22:59   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prmd_cochin View Post
I hope you didnt mind my comment.
not even one bit.

Quote:
A/c buses are more upmarket, wouldnt like to have such flashy paints and want less bling on the inside.

The Parasuram A/c airbus for example, it stands out from the usual malabar buses with brighter liveries and its upmarket too.
i agree with you.

but how many people would i find like you in kerela, who prefer simple & classy buses? if i had my way, my buses would have never looked like these.

by the way, the paint scheme of all our buses would be the same, so even the AC bus would "look" similar to maintain uniformity.
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:32   #103
Senior - BHPian

Thank you guys for all your help & advice.

I got the complete list & details of all the AL chassis including their specifications.

we are not buying a BSII bus anymore. in BSIII, the options AL has right now is-
118 hp STAG - 3600/3900/4200 WB
78 hp CNG STAG - 3600/4200 WB
118 hp LYNX - 3900/4200
85 hp CNG LYNX - 3912/4900
165 hp Cheetah - 3912/5334
165 hp Viking - 5334/5639
120hp CNG Viking - 5639
181 hp 12M - 6200

We have decided on the one marked in bold as the 181 hp of the 12M is too much for our use.

Guys, some more queries -

1) in the 165 hp 222" BSIII Viking (ALPSV 4/83), they have mentioned standard suspension as "shackle" & optional suspension as "rubber ended". Is weveller suspension & rubber ended the same?

2) the AL rep also mentioned that air suspension is an optional fitment in 4/83. we have enquired about the make of the A/S to which he said he will revert back. which make is preferred? we have Wheels India on our previous Vikings. They have given some minor issues but nothing to be worried about.

3) the brochure mentioned 10.00 radials tyres as optional, we are opting for that.

4) it also mentions Direct Drive AC as "optional". what does that mean?

5) in the specifications, it is mentioned 'helper spring & rear shock absorber on 222" Viking'. does rear shock absorber mean coil springs??
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:51   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, some more queries -

1) in the 165 hp 222" BSIII Viking (ALPSV 4/83), they have mentioned standard suspension as "shackle" & optional suspension as "rubber ended". Is weveller suspension & rubber ended the same?

2) the AL rep also mentioned that air suspension is an optional fitment in 4/83. we have enquired about the make of the A/S to which he said he will revert back. which make is preferred? we have Wheels India on our previous Vikings. They have given some minor issues but nothing to be worried about.

3) the brochure mentioned 10.00 radials tyres as optional, we are opting for that.

4) it also mentions Direct Drive AC as "optional". what does that mean?

5) in the specifications, it is mentioned 'helper spring & rear shock absorber on 222" Viking'. does rear shock absorber mean coil springs??

1> Yes they are same.
2>Since they already working fine, makes sense to go for same make.
4> Not sure, maybe it means they will provide the pulley and belt attachment and you may use the setup to mount the compressor.
5> No it is proper shock absorber, attached to the rear axle. No coil springs, primary suspension is leaf spring only.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:36   #105
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Spoke to AL rep:
1) We are going for ALPSV 4/83 (165 hp 222" BSIII Viking).
2) Optional accessories are 10.00 radial tyres, front weveller suspension & rear air suspension.
3) Direct drive AC simply means that an AC unit can be connected directly to the AC.

Spoke to Prakash:

1) they have 2 models: one is the normal - P8000 & other is a volvo clone - BMR Z1. We would like to try the BMR Z1. however, it should not turn out to be a cheap imitation of the volvo.

2) Viking can accommodate 40 P/B seats if the driver berth is reduced by sacrificing the driver's bed. we are ready for that.

3) AC unit can be either Carrier or Thermoking which costs 5.2 lakhs or a chinese company Zingy which costs 3.8 lakhs. we would avoid Zingy. any suggestion between Carrier & Thermoking guys? both have their offices in cochin.

4) Total cost for a coach built by Prakash would be 16.5-17.5 lakhs excluding Chassis cost & taxes. this is almost 3-3.5 L cheaper than Irizar TVS. I hope Prakash's BMR Z1 turns out to be as good as Irizar's iT09!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks