Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2010, 09:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Raj! Did you get the technical specs on what all chasis on which the iT09 is offered? if they offer it only on 12M then you would not have gone to them even if they were cheaper by 2-4 lakhs, as you are going with Viking chasis. Right?
they say 40 P/B seats can be fitted comfortably in 12M chassis & in viking, it can be "adjusted".

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
Can you please put up a scanned copy of the brochure for all of us here?
sure, i hope there is no kind of copyright issues with this, after all, its just a brochure.

my scanner is acting weird, so i managed to click a few pics with my phone, hope it is clear-
Attached Thumbnails
An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0456.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0457.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0459.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0460.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0461.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0462.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0463.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0464.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0465.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0466.jpg  

An AC bus this time! AL Viking BS-III Delivered-dsc_0467.jpg  

Old 29th September 2010, 11:08   #122
Senior - BHPian

That's one awesome looking bus Prakash. So I guess this would be a 42 seater built according to iT09 spec of Irizar right? Just a little question here, would it be way too difficult to change the puny looking tyres? IMO, they look very tiny compared to the huge body.

And does the rear have a glass? 'Cause its all looking black or does the driver have some other facility to look the rear? And I hope the A/C is not climate control. Right?

Check this out - IRIZAR >> Products. Does this model cost a bomb?

Last edited by aargee : 29th September 2010 at 11:09.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:15   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
That's one awesome looking bus Prakash.
i think you meant raj.

if you meant Prakash, this bus is not built by prakash, but Irizar TVS.

Quote:
So I guess this would be a 42 seater built according to iT09 spec of Irizar right?
this is the iT09 from Irizar & is built on the AL 12M chassis.

Quote:
And does the rear have a glass? 'Cause its all looking black or does the driver have some other facility to look the rear?
yes, there is a rear glass. its tinted.

they also provide an optional rear view camera for the driver.

Quote:
And I hope the A/C is not climate control. Right?
i dint get you.

Quote:
i dont think i4 is available in India.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 29th September 2010 at 12:26.
Old 29th September 2010, 12:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just a little question here, would it be way too difficult to change the puny looking tyres? IMO, they look very tiny compared to the huge body.
The tyres are 10R20, so it's not so puny though it seems so. Taken from the AL website, standard tyre size in AL 12M chassis. Probably the wheel cups give that puny look IMO.

Quote:
And does the rear have a glass? 'Cause its all looking black or does the driver have some other facility to look the rear? And I hope the A/C is not climate control. Right?
If go through the brochure, you can find that the rear glass is dark grey tinted. And in the last page the fluorescent lights on the inside ceiling can be made out.

They've not mentioned anything about Auto Climate Control in the brochure, so my guess is, it's just a normal Air Con.

Quote:
I doubt if Irizar TVS has brought out any other elegant design other than iT09 in India. Their i4, Intercentury, etc are still available only from Irizar, and not Irizar-TVS.

EDIT: Raj, I think both of us posted at around the same time. Any more info on the AC?

Last edited by silversteed : 29th September 2010 at 12:27.
Old 30th September 2010, 06:17   #125
BHPian

Sure looks stunning. The clean design of the interiors is to my liking, though it's a bit dull with the greys.
Old 30th September 2010, 08:10   #126
BHPian

wow thats simply an awesome looking bus indeed..and features too seems to be promising.
personally i feel bored seeing all buses with kannappa body on road. IT09 sure seems to be a relief from the usual volvo ditto designs.
Also the seats, the ergonomics,driver comfort, easy accessibility for critical area maintainance, etc makes this one a little more eye catching.
One question from the specs i feel this one have an ac driving cabin too. Am i right?
Old 30th September 2010, 09:15   #127
BHPian

The bus looks super, a whiff of fresh air when compared to P8000 which we have got used to a lot. BTW does anybody have the interior photos of iT09 (being used by an intercity operator in Chennai).
I love the way the seat hand rest goes inside and is not intrusive when being pulled up. Also, the driver cabin looks well built and well laid out. The Front panel is FRP. Hope it is not much of issue during minor collision, driver mis-judgement. Is SMK's font panel also FRP?
UrzDeepu! it has a ac driving cabin and that is why there is an option for driver side electric windows.
Old 30th September 2010, 09:20   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
EDIT: Raj, I think both of us posted at around the same time. Any more info on the AC?
I am not sure of the make of the AC but its a direct engine driven unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
One question from the specs i feel this one have an ac driving cabin too. Am i right?
yes, the driver cabin is AC too but i think thats customizable.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:14   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
i think you meant raj.
Sorry Raj; I intent your name. Tks for correction.

Quote:
i dint get you.
What I meant is to set a preset temperature (like in Volvo) so that the cabin temperature is maintained by auto cut off temp. But in traditional A/C conversion buses, A/C keeps running as long as the A/C is switched ON.

Quote:
i dont think i4 is available in India.
Are you saying Irizar-TVS does an international body building?

Quote:
The tyres are 10R20, so it's not so puny though it seems so. Taken from the AL website, standard tyre size in AL 12M chassis. Probably the wheel cups give that puny look IMO.
Oh!!! SS; I'm very much aware of that; what I meant is, those tires look massive on stock chassis & Govt buses. But when the body is a custom make looking so huge, those tires look puny. Hope you got the point.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:29   #130
Senior - BHPian

Forgot to add yesterday. One thing that really impressed me about the driver cabin is the instrument cluster. Looks more like that of a car than an HCV. It's so premium, elegant and easy on the eyes - something uncharacteristic of AL.

The best factory fitted ones in ALs are those in 12M/Stag/Cargo/ULE. But there are gaping holes which stick out like a sore thumb. AL really needs to work hard on the aesthetics of the instrument cluster in their chassis. This is one area where TM and Eicher scores over AL.
Old 30th September 2010, 12:39   #131
Senior - BHPian

@ aargee: i have no idea about the AC functioning yet.

also, i feel Irizar does international coach building. they have tied up with TVS for coach building in India.

@ all: guys, we wont be buying this bus as this is more suited to those who operate inter-city buses & not for contract carriage operators like us. also, the premium they are asking is too much, we wont recover that much from our customers.

Last edited by raj_5004 : 30th September 2010 at 12:41.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:51   #132
BHPian

Would request mods to move posts related to iT09 to thread created by Ashley for iT09. I think we all got carried away by this bus and have hijacked Raj's thread.
Old 30th September 2010, 13:55   #133
Senior - BHPian

@raj: Any updates from SMK? By the way, you didn't mention anything about the P9000 - isn't it available?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Would request mods to move posts related to iT09 to thread created by Ashley for iT09. I think we all got carried away by this bus and have hijacked Raj's thread.
+1 to it. Sorry Raj for hijacking your thread
Old 30th September 2010, 14:13   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@raj: Any updates from SMK? By the way, you didn't mention anything about the P9000 - isn't it available?
i have already mentioned. P9000 is not available.

Prakash has 2 models - P8000 & BMR X1.

Quote:
+1 to it. Sorry Raj for hijacking your thread
no mention!
Old 30th September 2010, 15:38   #135
BANNED

Quote:
Does this model cost a bomb?
Speaking of bombs, as a (ex) owner and current traveller, I prefer TVS bodies. As a passenger, I find the TVS built buses have better leg room and more comfortable on my hearing.

As an owner, they have been very light on my pocket.

And I am willing to pay an arm and leg to own one. But Raj's decision is made, and we should respect him. After all, it is his pocket.

Also, the link posted by aargee - it is Irizar proper; Irizar TVS is the Indian JV. The site of the Indian JV is very stingy on information.

Quote:
It's so premium, elegant and easy on the eyes - something uncharacteristic of AL. .
If you are referring to the images posted by Raj, of the Irizar coach, yes, the driver's seat and controls are fabricated by TVS. Even on my TVS built bus, the controls were fabricated by TVS (not so comfortable as we see them now), but other body builders - Nachimuthu, for example - used whatever came with the chassis.

./quote]The best factory fitted ones in ALs are those in 12M/Stag/Cargo/ULE. But there are gaping holes which stick out like a sore thumb. AL really needs to work hard on the aesthetics of the instrument cluster in their chassis. This is one area where TM and Eicher scores over AL.[/quote]

While noting the point, remember that most AL chassis are used for luxury operations, where the owners and builders fabricate every thing, including front end structure. If permitted to exaggerate, I would dare say that it makes economic sense to use plain rubber band to hold the meters in place till the body is built.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks