Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2005, 19:17   #31
Team-BHP Support

By the way has this vehicle been launched as yet? Or else any date set? Since last two days Tatas are running a very comic ad(during the matches) of the 207 DI as a lifestyle vehicle. Some Huppy (haryanvi Yuppy) named Rockkky drives this twin-cab vehicle with his uncle napping on the front passenger side. The story starts with the road getting blocked bcoz of an overturned bullock cart. Rocky decides to take a detour through some kachcha road (basically no road) and gets in the way of some car rally... Its real funny

Now are you guys sure this is not the car/SUT in question?
Old 20th December 2005, 06:48   #32
BHPian

Yup, funny ad.. But shows off the truck's capabilities too.. I wonder why nobody else does this in the Indian car ads world. All other car ads just show the vehicle's colours,features etc.
It was fun to see how the car corners, leaps over a bund, and generally kicks rally car a$$. And the sheer height/size of the vehicle looks great; it towers over the other rally cars. Not sure if that'll hurt driving dynamics though. I wish Tata makes a slightly smaller SUV, in the 5-7 lakh bracket. Sumo doesnt cut it, IMHO.
Old 20th December 2005, 15:53   #33
SUV
BHPian

More Info Available here .. http://gotruck.tatamotors.com/tl.htm
Old 20th December 2005, 16:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Well it does not tell the following
1. HOW MUCH
2. Customer care numbers for north india, does it sell only in south india?
3. Registeration details. Will the RTOs register it as a private vehicle?
4. Luggage space - any addons available so that the rear luggage can be usable for things other than gunny bags containing farm feed(Read suitcases etc.,, need lockable luggage space, covered from the elements)
Old 20th December 2005, 17:06   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV
More Info Available here .. http://gotruck.tatamotors.com/tl.htm
Thanks Dude, Great information there.. Pics are just stunning..

The website says Seating Capacity of Driver+10 for the crew-cabs and Driver+1 for the Single Cab. I wonder how that works out. It is possible that the crew-cabs are meant for Private Registration and the Single-Cabs are meant for commercial registration.. I am just speculating..

I remember speaking to someone from Tata motors about not launching this vehicle 3-4 years earlier and he mentioned that it was all due to crappy registration rules of Indian RTO's.. It seems that the RTO's were not willing to let out this vehicle as a private vehicle for some stupid reason..

Looking forward to a test-drive..
Old 20th December 2005, 17:58   #36
Team-BHP Support

Wow... did you guys notice? The site says the SUT comes with Tubeless tires... Thats a beeg WOW! Just the other day we were discussing on another thread that manufacturers do not do enough to promote tubeless! Bravo Tata.
Old 20th December 2005, 18:02   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Well it does not tell the following
1. HOW MUCH
4. Luggage space - any addons available so that the rear luggage can be usable for things other than gunny bags containing farm feed(Read suitcases etc.,, need lockable luggage space, covered from the elements)
Hmmm... buddy I think you will be able to register it as a private vehicle. Anything that has been launched the way this truck has been (check out the site... "Are you a wild life photographer" and all) it can not be aimed at the commercial segment alone. And not when it has all those rollicking monickers like SPORTS utility truck. Those are more directed towards people who buy personal vehicles.
Old 20th December 2005, 18:46   #38
SUV
BHPian

1. HOW MUCH

5 Variants - 3 in 4x2 and 2 in 4x4
Ranging from 6 - 8 Lacs . Will put up the exact Pricing tomorrow

Click on For Buyers and you shall find it

yes .. can be reg as a private vehicle

Sorry Mate ! The SUT will not have a lockable Loading Area ;-) .... However in Malaysia i have seen a Fibre Glass cover for the Loading Area .. .dont know if its lockable or not .. just wait for a couple of months after the launch and you r sure to find something ..
Old 20th December 2005, 19:25   #39
Senior - BHPian

The only real competition to this vehicle would be the Bolero Camper. But I havent seen any new ones on the road of late. The Bolero's cabin is decent (for a cheap Indian pickup). The only thing it will lack is power, and size compared to the bigger TL.
Old 20th December 2005, 19:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUV

Sorry Mate ! The SUT will not have a lockable Loading Area ;-) .... However in Malaysia i have seen a Fibre Glass cover for the Loading Area .. .dont know if its lockable or not .. just wait for a couple of months after the launch and you r sure to find something ..
You should be able to find suitable luggage gear from Thule....I think its available in Bangalore, so it should be so for the rest of India too.

Get some nice bullbars from Carryboy too.

Suddenly, I want to sell the Safari and buy this one!

Last edited by Steeroid : 20th December 2005 at 19:31.
Old 20th December 2005, 19:51   #41
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Cheers mate ... I was planning to do the same ... :-)
Old 20th December 2005, 20:23   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Guyz(SUV,Steeroid,sajo..) I frankly didn't imagine that the TATA SUT will generate so much interest in you! Great!
Sometimes I think where are the people who bought the Gypsies ,Mahindra classic's and other open top SUV's (you can't find them in chennai nowadays, even the police use Qualis and Sumo)..now I think that the people are still there but they have limited options to buy one.
Old 20th December 2005, 20:32   #43
BHPian

buddy man23ish..no o ffence..but why would u buy a tata truck that would c u in the workshop every other day...i mean ony if this thing had more creature comforts then its would be a killer of a monster...but i heard the engine is so powerful that they had to fit an ac i nto it so that it wouldnot wreck havoc on the suspension...!!is it ture..!!!
Old 20th December 2005, 20:47   #44
BHPian

Quote:
No kidding steeroid, i had got interested in the Safari Myself.. But then after noticing that it is a 5-seater at best and with the much lighter and more capable telcoline coming up next.. I decided to wait and watch.. There is another thread "Tata Telcoline coming" that i was a regular subscriber to..
I am just praying that the rear seats in a 4x4 crewcab are the same as the Safari Rear seats..

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing4cure
buddy man23ish..no o ffence..but why would u buy a tata truck that would c u in the workshop every other day...i mean ony if this thing had more creature comforts then its would be a killer of a monster...but i heard the engine is so powerful that they had to fit an ac i nto it so that it wouldnot wreck havoc on the suspension...!!is it ture..!!!
As steeroid mentioned somewhere in the same thread, people in europe and africa have been made the guinea pigs on this vehicle the same way as we were made guinea pigs with the Indica V1.. So i am hoping that all the problems would have been resolved with the vehicle.. Besides, what good is an SUV that has no power?? Also, if the Safari Drive Train can handle the 407 engine, it should be capable enough to handle the 1943cc IDI TC engine as well..

By the way, I don't see the relationship you are trying to draw between the engine-power and the suspension.. How would fitting an A/C reduce the strain on the suspension?? Maybe i am dumb? But can you please explain??

Also, what makes you think that this vehicle would see me in a work-shop everyday??

Way to go Truckers...

Cheers,

Manish

Last edited by man23ish : 20th December 2005 at 20:57.
Old 20th December 2005, 20:56   #45
BHPian

Quote:
You should be able to find suitable luggage gear from Thule....I think its available in Bangalore, so it should be so for the rest of India too.

Get some nice bullbars from Carryboy too.

Hey, I've seen vehicles having a small Fibre cabins built in the back loading area for luggages as well as having an area filled with Thick mattresses and pillows to rest on outdoor trips..

You can also put up a huge Steel Tool-box in the back Facing the tail, or two side-ways tool-boxes and some nice removable cushions on top for people to sit..

Also nice Bull-bars in the front and on the rear top with fog-lights shining at night.. slurrrpp...

Just unleash your imagination on the things you can do with this vehicle..
And you get a real winner.. Imagine the road-presence, you are gonna get with this one dude..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks