Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2010, 22:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Exactly my point. If you are going to follow what the competition is doing that is definitely not becoming of an automotive giant. Infact, beating the competition with product features that they don't have and can't offer in the short to medium future would have been path leading & visionary.

Acres of space, really if you think giving normal leg room is acres of space then I have nothing to say.

Option of safety features can come later indeed after several lives have been lost.

My remarks are not pessimistic. Infact, I am still hoping that for once a domestic player will take it upon themselves to raise the bar and offer us a complete vehicle, now that will be true VISION.
its not about following the competition. there are lot of constraints while designing the major ones being the cost and the market acceptance.

still being in a competitive market every manufacturer tries to work around with a product similar and with a difference in them, similar because they want to create an alternative to the existing product and different so that a buyer considers them as an upper hand over the other product.

i bet its not a normal leg room. i have seen this vehicle in person. the captain seats are very comfortable and lots of leg space. Look at any TATA car and you will find the best leg room in that segment be it indica v2, Vista, Manza.

the same thing i said earlier. look at ARIA it has everything in it, but at a premium. the question is market acceptance.

For some people as ambitious as us, we expect a lot from every car.
But then an average buyer will think of features against the premium paid and this is how the market is driven.

at the moment i feel its a very good upgrade over the current winger and its offers a very good value proposition.
Old 30th July 2010, 22:18   #17
BHPian

Lovely van! The interiors, though old-school seem real pleasant.Are Fr. Power windows, Remote Central Locking options? If not, they surely must be. But I was wondering, why couldn't Tata have improvised 2+3+3 and made it an 8 seater?
Old 30th July 2010, 22:40   #18
BHPian

Half hearted effort.

Apparently Tata itself is unsure about its target customers, hence the muted launch. The Winger looks like a mini van and it is virtually impossible to see it any other way. I see many Wingers carrying school children.
It can't even hold a candle to Xylo and Innova, both of which are much better looking, have better suspension, tyre, engine and have higher ground clearance to Winger's 165mm.
At the most it is going to be a luxurious public transport vehicle for companies, hospitals, etc.
Old 30th July 2010, 22:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

Although the product does not excite me any which way its a really smart strategic move by Tata. That said the front end needs a desperate face lift, something on the lines of DC's work displayed at the Auto Expo.
Old 31st July 2010, 01:00   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
its not about following the competition. there are lot of constraints while designing the major ones being the cost and the market acceptance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
For some people as ambitious as us, we expect a lot from every car.
But then an average buyer will think of features against the premium paid and this is how the market is driven.
Nothing can be as premium as a human life. Maybe thats why the entire first world has strict norms on passenger safety. Expecting a car to be safe during an accident is not being "ambitious".
Anyways, providing safety features as optional should not add to the costs. If they do, the consumer is anyways paying for it.
Its like a low budget airline operating without oxygen masks since they are rarely used if ever. You would not want to travel by that now would you?
Old 31st July 2010, 01:02   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

winger seems to be getting popular by the day. these days i get to see a lot of these being used as cabs to ferry employees by companies. the base variant sure makes for a decent city cab.

I see what they are trying to do here.
Getting in the ARIA to counter the top-end muv segment and this to counter the rock-bottom muv segment coz obviously the ARIA base could not be lowered so much!

Looks good for taxis, not for personal vehicles.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 31st July 2010 at 01:09.
Old 31st July 2010, 03:41   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
winger seems to be getting popular by the day. these days i get to see a lot of these being used as cabs to ferry employees by companies. the base variant sure makes for a decent city cab.

I see what they are trying to do here.
Getting in the ARIA to counter the top-end muv segment and this to counter the rock-bottom muv segment coz obviously the ARIA base could not be lowered so much!

Looks good for taxis, not for personal vehicles.
It is interesting now that TATA is going to launch the Venture, which also caters to the Omni+ / low end MUV category. Not sure what the strategy is. May be winger is more like a commercial vehicle aimed at BPOs and the like where as venture is still a passenger vehicle.
Old 31st July 2010, 06:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

competition to the Eeco perhaps but not directly targeted at the innova (aria is there to do that, so can there be cannibalization between the two tatas? maybe) But the Winger failed to set the charts on fire, this variant also will sell in the same lines as the Normal winger.
Old 31st July 2010, 07:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

I dont think the Winger was ever targeted at families. It is not sold through their passenger car showrooms. I have seen the winger sharing floor space at their LCV showrooms along with the Ace and their pickups...
Old 31st July 2010, 07:41   #25
Senior - BHPian

Seems like a good car for a big family, fit nd finish seems to be good enough. overall a very promising car as this market is pretty untouched and if the price is right am sre it ill be a hot product.

how much does it cost??
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:28   #26
BHPian

Winger Platinum

Winger Platinum is promising.

This luxury version has 7 indepenent Seat, All 3 rows A/C, Beige interiors.

Nice colour, wheel caps etc. Check it out in

7 seater luxury cars, passenger and travel cars | Winger Platinum
Old 3rd August 2010, 14:43   #27
BHPian

Its good for a big family.
The price also less then any other MUV in the market.
TATA need to do some more for looks part.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:26   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Split doors are super convenient. When you are loading small items, you open only one and don't have to swing out/up a large, heavy and cumbersome door/hatch!
Another advantage of the split doors is the space required behind for door opening. Half split doors require half the space behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapss View Post
Nothing can be as premium as a human life. Maybe thats why the entire first world has strict norms on passenger safety. Expecting a car to be safe during an accident is not being "ambitious".
Anyways, providing safety features as optional should not add to the costs. If they do, the consumer is anyways paying for it.
Its like a low budget airline operating without oxygen masks since they are rarely used if ever. You would not want to travel by that now would you?
While I also feel that vehicle should always provide these features as add-on so that customer who want them can at least add them.
While safety needs to be a concern, its not yet in India. No doubt we have the dubious distinction of highest accident casualties. So no point bashing up Tata alone. You need to realise the reach of ABS, SRS features to general public. It doesnt reach beyond suave urban consumers.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for a Test Drive / review by Team BHP.

If each rear seat is foldable, some more luggage space can be released, even with 6 people travelling. Not enough views of the boot space in the promos.
Old 3rd August 2010, 17:45   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
kapss : Nothing can be as premium as a human life. Maybe thats why the entire first world has strict norms on passenger safety. Expecting a car to be safe during an accident is not being "ambitious".
True for you, and few people like us. But the majority is not thinking on those lines. Not the owners, not the taxi operators, not the people who hire these cabs. ("yaar, ek trip ki baat hai .. most likely nothing will happen. Why should we ask for a vehicles with ABS or TCS or airbags " ).

Quote:
kapss : Its like a low budget airline operating without oxygen masks since they are rarely used if ever. You would not want to travel by that now would you?
But what's the % cost of adding ABS / airbags to the car - compared with the cost of adding an oxygen supply to an aircraft ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks