Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 16:04   #31
BANNED

Re: Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab

Jeepster - there is a small line in the requirements - the builder / fabricator has to be ISO certified.

I accept your decision about good body - a bus type body will be better. But, look at road taxes too. Classification as "bus" would mean heavy taxes 10K per quarter. For goods vehicle classification, taxes would be in range of 10K. Check if classification as "specially built vehicle" or some similar classification is available. The figures are only guesstimates. The classification would have to be shown in the bill for the chassis itself.

Also, if you are looking for an a/c, and since the genset is compulsory, why not get a split / window type a/c installed? Why look for an automobile a/c?

I guess you have done enough homework, time to identify a builder. The builder too would have some opinion on vehicle classification and chassis choice.

And there is a mystery here. Assuming you have the freedom to go for a bus type body, what is the need for a "collapsible ladder"?

A big trouble with govt. subsidy schemes is, if the first proposal goes through the audit review successfully, following projects would have to be exact photocopies, the officials would hesitate to deviate.

Edit:- My rough calculation is you will require at least 7M (4.5M lab, 1 M gen room, + 2 M driver cab) overall length. Will the stag and ecomet qualify here? You are mostly looking at wheel bases. AFAICT, overhangs are not standardised.

And none of the models mentioned here seem to be more than 2M width. Is the 2M width internal? The container mounted on a chassis gives you more flexibility to fabricate a wider cabin.

Also, remember that a chassis with pre-built driver cabin means no extra expenses on that end, you can concenterate the lab and gen room.

ecomet is a goods chassis. Goods chassis are typically shorter than their passenger counterparts. There would be little or no change / difference in the suspension. You may want to consider air suspension, but that alone would cost in range of 1 Lakh.

Edit 2:- do not go for fully built bus; you will be wasting money on seating, interiors, etc, and also there would be a taxation component on the items you will be discarding

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 23rd December 2010 at 16:14.
Old 23rd December 2010, 17:54   #32
Senior - BHPian

currelyly in contact with ..:: Kotkar Energy Dynamics Pvt. Ltd ::...

the Richer sales guy said that it is possible to register FB bus with 4 to 5 seats. (i dont believe him!)

the AC will be split type.

yes the final decision will be done after the builders opinion. (chassis or FB bus)

about the ladder , i dont know!! (may be general use or storage)

yes 99% govt. schemes are photocopies.

yes internal width 2 M.
i feel bus chassis will have softer suspension.

i am yet to meet with Mr.Kotkar or any other builder to get exact expenditure on Body or interiors.
Old 23rd December 2010, 23:09   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
@ teamveevee: do you have their contact or web link?
today got the quotations for the tata bus & chassis.
  • LP 712 chassis (WB 4200mm) 7.5 L
Jeepter, i posted the weblink in post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commer...ml#post2177479 Looks like LP 712 chassis (WB 4200mm) 7.5 L, also should fit your budger of 15 L.
Old 24th December 2010, 00:05   #34
BANNED

Duinno how up-to-date this is:-

http://www.kamalmotors.co.in/pricelist.pdf
Old 25th December 2010, 11:05   #35
Senior - BHPian

thanks for the PDF BaCkSeAtDrIVeR!

the current update:
we are planning to finish the project file with photocopy method & submit it.

we will change the vehicle & builder after the approval.

Quote:
some pictures of recent SOIL TESTING PROGRAM organized by us with IFFCO
Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan001-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan002-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan003-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan004-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan005-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan006-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan007-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan008-large-small.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan009-large-small.jpg

Name:  scan0011Large Small.jpg
Views: 1071
Size:  41.3 KB
Old 25th December 2010, 16:18   #36
BANNED

If the figure of 15L is inclusive of lab equipment, (except a/c and generator), you may be better off (a) fixing that budget and supplies first; (b) find what is remaining, and then allocating between the chassis and body.

That kind of body on a 7 M overall length body should stay in 2 to 2.5L range, IMO. (again, guesstimate, from knowledge several years old). Add 20 to 25% extra for the ISO certification and extra taxes (excise, etc).

That IFFCO vehicle does seem to be a converted fully built vehicle. Reminds me of the Hyderabad Allwyn built bodies of old BEST (and several other operators in Centeral India). But is unsuitable for you, since you need a/c lab.
Old 25th December 2010, 23:22   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
If the figure of 15L is inclusive of lab equipment, (except a/c and generator), you may be better off (a) fixing that budget and supplies first; (b) find what is remaining, and then allocating between the chassis and body.
the whole vehicle with all equipment for soil testing, AC ,gen set is about 40 L.

the vehicle budget includes AC & internal acid proof furnishing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks