Team-BHP - Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Commercial Vehicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/)
-   -   Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/commercial-vehicles/93753-help-regarding-vehicle-mobile-soil-testing-lab.html)

hi guys

we have a NGO which works mainly in rural & agricultural development.

we want to start a MOBILE SOIL TESTING LAB under the scheme of Government of India.

the minimum requirements are as follows. (budget is 16L including Generator)
Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-scan0002.jpg
so the question is what vehicle to use?

& from where the body/lab should be fabricated/made?

rgds,
Nikhil

I think the Tata Winger - Cargo fits the bill as the base vehicle. I'm not aware of any other options ( new vehicles) to this either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by absynthguzzler (Post 2176162)
I think the Tata Winger - Cargo

Is there such a model at all ?

The Winger is nowhere near the 6-7 ton capacity specified. Rated Payload of most MUV's is less than 1 ton - more like 600- 700 kg's

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2176185)
Is there such a model at all ?

The Winger is nowhere near the 6-7 ton capacity specified. Rated Payload of most MUV's is less than 1 ton - more like 600- 700 kg's

The vehicle is manufactured, but you may be right about payload limit. Also another factor working against it is the sleeper section in driver cabin.Apologies, the search continues...... :)

Hey Nikhil, take a look at the undermentioned link:
A.C. Soil Testing Lab Vehicle Exporter,Pune,Maharashtra,India
As per my observations mostly the mobile soil testing labs are based on full size 6 tyred trucks ( Respective models of Tata/AL/Eicher/Swaraj Mazda etc.). Further no van would have the tonnage capacity of 6-7 tonnes.
Large infrastructure companies and State Fertiliser companies/PSUs use these vehicles hence do try and take a look at some of them (if possible).

Quote:

Originally Posted by absynthguzzler (Post 2176162)
I think the Tata Winger - Cargo fits the bill as the base vehicle.

as Condor corrected not possible.
Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 2176185)
The Winger is nowhere near the 6-7 ton capacity specified.

right.
Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo1787 (Post 2176195)
Further no van would have the tonnage capacity of 6-7 tonnes.

thanks for the link. (have seen it already)
there is another one in pune.

about the tonnage who can argue with the government.:Frustrati

@Jeepster, I am not sure you can meet the specifications with the given budget, my thoughts:
- you need a bus and not a truck IMO. You could look at the Eicher 11.10 chasis or built-up bus perhaps. The 11.10 is based on their 7-ton truck chasis:
Product Range

- there is a slight typo in your specs ref. genset which I assume 7.5 KVA. You can save a lot of money if you can go for a Honda eu65is PETROL genset which is 5.5 KVA. This genset is silent, portable and requires no special generator "room". However, it is "only" 5.5KVA and you need to carry petrol also..
Honda Gensets, Water Pump, Engines, Lawn Mowers & Brush Cutters
- I think such a bus can be cooled with a 1-ton A/c. You may want to check with our thread "which ac to buy?".
- Please double-check with the RTO etc before you equip the vehicle with LPG burners etc. AFAIK, there are several regulations concerned with this.

You may need to get in touch with Special Vehicles Division of Antony Motors, Mumbai.
:: ANTONY ::
Portable Cabin,Transit Mixers,Aviation Refuelers,Mini Tipper,India

You will definitely require a bus chassis so as to provide for a sleeper bunk, as all the truck chassis will come with full cabs without bunks. This I think will limit your choice quite a bit as I think only Eicher and Swaraj provide bus chassis in the load range your are looking.

Also what I think is that you better look for a pretty powerful engine, as the total weight with all the equipment will be quite high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas (Post 2176472)
- you need a bus and not a truck IMO.

- there is a slight typo in your specs ref. genset which I assume 7.5 KVA.

- Please double-check with the RTO etc before you equip the vehicle with LPG burners etc. AFAIK, there are several regulations concerned with this.

the above requirement is from a GR (Government Resolution) so we have to follow it.:eek:
Quote:

Originally Posted by teamveevee (Post 2177479)
You may need to get in touch with Special Vehicles Division of Antony Motors, Mumbai.
:: ANTONY ::
Portable Cabin,Transit Mixers,Aviation Refuelers,Mini Tipper,India

thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 2177641)
You will definitely require a bus chassis.
This I think will limit your choice quite a bit as I think only Eicher and Swaraj provide bus chassis in the load range your are looking.

Also what I think is that you better look for a pretty powerful engine, as the total weight with all the equipment will be quite high.

yes a bus platform is the answer.

here is a example.
Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-dsc0746cb.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-dsc0730m.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-dsc0732rz.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-dsc0729y.jpg
source: Mobile Soil Testing Laboratory. | mi(sual).com

A canter can fit the bill but will require a lot of fabrication around to make it look comfy for a lab.

OT!
it looks hideous. :)

I think this one is made in Gujarat. Check the temp. registration plate.

can inquire about this!

BTW what about Force traveler.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SirAlec (Post 2178552)
BTW what about Force traveler.?

yes,
traveller (20+driver) is qupted t 8.64 L ex showroom.
Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-traveller_smooth.jpg
looking at mahindra tourister, tata starbus, eicher skyline too.
Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-629574cbdfbus2.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-tatastarbus.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-_eicherupload_cv_skylineexecutive_b.jpg

also looking at bare chassis option.
Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-_eicherupload_cv_1110kchassis_b.jpg

Help regarding a vehicle for Mobile Soil Testing Lab-_eicherupload_cv_1050buschassis_b.jpg

Name:  _eicherupload_cv_1075Hfacecowl_B.jpg
Views: 3405
Size:  18.8 KB

I think your best option is the Eicher 10.75 bus chassis. No point buying a FB bus and then having to rebuild the body completely over, because you will end up losing a lot of the value of the bus.

The one that is pictured is truly hideous and the body build quality is not very good either. Also I think, looking at the size and the lights, that is is built on a 410 SFC chassis, which I dont think meets the govt regulations in the first place.

Quote:

Originally Posted by julupani (Post 2178714)
I think your best option is the Eicher 10.75 bus chassis.

No point buying a FB bus and then having to rebuild the body completely over, because you will end up losing a lot of the value of the bus.

the ashok leyland E comet 1212 series is quoted at 8.25 for chassis with cabin.
add the cost ofit will exceed the 15L mark.:Frustrati

so thinking about fully built bus costing 9L, then only seats will be removed & the cabinets, AC, gen-set, other stuff will be added.
hopefully it will remain within 15L mark.:)