Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2011, 23:48   #46
BHPian

Re: Contemplating a new intercity coach service..Need your valuable suggestions!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
Redbus shows Kallada in Ernakulam-Hyderabad route. So 2 buses already in this route? How is the load factor? Frankly, i cannot imagine taking a 22 hour bus trip.
Checked the Kesineni's website and its almost running full...May be thats because of the Shabarimala season...Its very difficult to get tickets during this season in a train...Good time to start a service...Even a 3 month operation would be very profitable for these big time operators i think...

Its an added advantage for these big operators to run these buses from hyderabad to bangalore...running the buses alomst for 20 hours a day....And more over...they can convert these routes to hyderabad-bangalore and bangalore-cochin...
Old 6th January 2011, 23:54   #47
BHPian

Re: Contemplating a new intercity coach service..Need your valuable suggestions!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Yes!. For example, the B9R (4x2) is operated by Rathimeena in TVM-Chennai route. It has the same engine of multiaxle B9R, i.e Volvo 9L truck engine. Moreover the 7L engine used in B7R is actually sourced from Deutz by Volvo.
Guys , My brother gave a call to volvo hyderabad..i wan in for a pleasant surprise....He will will give a visit to volvo pretty soon to get some pakka numbers...

Anyways here is what the sales manager told him:

Three Options available

1. B7R - 7 liters ---- Ex Showroom price ---- Rs 42 Lakhs
2. B9R - 9 liters -Single axle ---- Ex Showroom price ---- Rs 82 Lakhs
3. B9R - 9 liters -Multi axle ---- Ex Showroom price ---- Rs 92 Lakhs

One time service to cost Rs 48,000.
Old 7th January 2011, 08:19   #48
Senior - BHPian

Dont even think about the B7Rs in my opinion. Those are probably just old inventory, lying around for years, the company is looking to offload at dirt cheap prices.

Other than the seriously steep cost factors the B9R is one of the best options out there.
Old 7th January 2011, 08:59   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by julupani View Post
Dont even think about the B7Rs in my opinion. Those are probably just old inventory, lying around for years, the company is looking to offload at dirt cheap prices.

Other than the seriously steep cost factors the B9R is one of the best options out there.
I don't understand...Volvo website still shows the 290 hp 7 liter engine....which i guess is called the 9400 now(B7R earlier)???
No idea or specs for the 9 liter engines..which are called 9400XL....in the website....

Are people still buying the 9400 , 7 liter buses?? Did anyone of you see any new one around recently???

I dont think they will be old...just that the demand for these buses might have gone down because of its more powerful big brother offering....
Old 7th January 2011, 10:29   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_kj View Post
Are AL Luxura buses available in the market now?
AL Luxura will shortly be offered with 230HP CRS engine - BS III complaint.
Old 7th January 2011, 13:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

@Ashley2
Is that the engine with the highest power rating of an AL engine? Someone mentioned about Luxura with 320BHP engine - any news on that? That would be a real killer, even ready to take on Volvo and the likes if they get the mix right.

OT: Did you change something in your Swifty? A new spoiler or that white stickering removed or new alloys?
Old 7th January 2011, 15:11   #52
Senior - BHPian

Re: Contemplating a new intercity coach service! Need your valuable suggestions

One friend quoted that Volvo Luxuria service between Bangalore and Chennai is doing well.

They have only 24(?) luxury seats thus saves a lot on tax and high prices to compromise the seats.

Punctual services and stop at clean hotels can attract the customer to take the service again and again.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:18   #53
BANNED

George, while comparing expenses, (1) keep out brand names (2) stick to specifications.

In other words, compare a 120 HP engine with a 120 HP engine.

Next, see if it is feasible to position a particular product as a premium. I insist - it is the operator's marketing / positioning which does the trick. Volvo was very successful in telling the operators in India that they can actually charge differential prices for better, faster and more comfortable buses.

On commission to agents front, AFAIK, what you do is allot specific seats to an agent, who pays an amount net of his commission to you. (eg. if the ticket charge is 800 Rs, he will pay you 720 or so' he always sells seat #8 and 9; agent Y always sells seat 10 and 11, etc.).

Look at customisations levels available - especially w.r.t to seats and seat layout. For an idea of customisation levels available, please go throughraj_5004's three threads - one each on contract carriage, minibus and an a/c bus.

I am feeling silly asking this, but are the globuses and luxuras coming with factory fitted bodies?

On the individual entertainment you mentioned, how will you arrange for content? The recording industry is very belligerent on enforcement of their taxes err.. copyrights and paying royalty for content.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 16:32   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I am feeling silly asking this, but are the globuses and luxuras coming with factory fitted bodies?
Yes. RE Globuses are built by Tata Hispano (the older Globuses used by KeSRTC were similar to the ACGL buses). AL Luxura is supposed to be a fully built vehicle. I guess it'll be built by Irizar-TVS, considering their partnership with AL.
Old 7th January 2011, 16:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post

Yes the Globus, Hispano Globus, Isuzu Prestige and the AL Luxura are all fully built buses, just like the Volvos and the Mercs. You can check out the picasa link I gave in one of my previous posts in this thread for pics of the Hispano Globus.
Old 7th January 2011, 20:17   #56
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transsenger View Post
Yes!. For example, the B9R (4x2) is operated by Rathimeena in TVM-Chennai route. It has the same engine of multiaxle B9R, i.e Volvo 9L truck engine. Moreover the 7L engine used in B7R is actually sourced from Deutz by Volvo.
Deutz is a volvo subsidiary . Volvo engines are made by Deutz .
Old 7th January 2011, 20:40   #57
BANNED

A few of my points to the OP .

A transport operator makes his money transporting parcels and goods rather than transporting passengers . KPN , Parveen , Rathi meena , Kesineni are classic examples . Passenger ticket sales will just cover costs and nothing else .

HYd and BLR routes are saturated , but still viable . On weekdays it would be either kesineni or diwakar as they have a lot more no. of buses than anyone else . So it has to be weekends when you will actually have a full booking . Yes , you can have booking agents , but the case is most of the customers either book online or go for reputed operators . This is especially true as most of the booking agents promise VOLVO buses and sell tickets for a NON-VOLVO and fool customers .

HYD -Cochin .

Now this route needs proper political connections . The Sales tax check posts check even the smallest of parcels , and you really need good contacts in Kerala . Biggest example would be .. just try booking a parcel in Kesineni ,Diwakar or parveen .They will take your parcel without even a bill . Try the same with Kallada .. they will simply refuse . I dont know who owns Kallada ,but the counter guys are so scared and they plainly refuse even to carry in their home state .

You will definitely not be able to sell tickets if you have NON -VOLVO buses in these routes as the travel time would be almost close to 20 hrs and if you are going to target the niche segment then it will not make sense . Any bus on long distance routes needs TORQUE , else the bus will not make it on time .

A chemical toilet is definitely a must and individual TV dosent make sense as most of the travellers in the segment would be either from corporate segment or someone with a decent profile . So a provision for laptop , cell phone chargers might make sense .
greatmana2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 21:42   #58
Senior - BHPian

The Tata Hispano Globuses are also built by ACGL only, just that the design is a modified Tata Hispano Divo and a good bit of the bus body components are actually imported.
Old 7th January 2011, 21:43   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatmana2000 View Post
. Try the same with Kallada .. they will simply refuse . I dont know who owns Kallada ,but the counter guys are so scared and they plainly refuse even to carry in their home state .
We usually sent parcels from Kerala to Bangalore through Kallada (say once in a month or so), and never have they refused to book parcels. Every time I had to send any paper or stuff to Bangalore, its always been on Kallada. Everytime they delivered on time - next day delivery was guaranteed.

Had sent a few parcels from Bangalore to Kerala, and they did not refuse them as well. In fact, I've never seen Kallada buses stopping for long time at check posts. The last time I returned from Bangalore (I took the Shama Big Bus), both my bus and the Kallada B9R to Alappuzha arrived together at the checkpost, and both the buses were cleared in less than 10 minutes.

Quote:
A chemical toilet is definitely a must and individual TV dosent make sense as most of the travellers in the segment would be either from corporate segment or someone with a decent profile . So a provision for laptop , cell phone chargers might make sense .
Doesn't this depend on the route? HYD-BLR is essentially an overnight service. No body would be using an individual TV for such a service (of course, there are souls who don't sleep when traveling overnight in buses). With the seat in front almost falling on to your lap, using the laptop is also ruled out. Unless the bus is designed in lines of the "Luxuria", i feel these fancy items would be rendered redundant.

It would be better to spend on better upholstery (ones which might last longer and easier to clean), fresh blankets and bedspreads. May be one can offer a small pillow to make things comfortable for the passenger.

Or may be have a few 2+1 seats (say three or four rows) and the remaining 2+2 seats. A premium can be charged for the 2+1 seats.

Individual operators can be successful if the game is managed properly. A glaring example of mismanagement is Sofiya Lines (the first operator to run a B9R to Kerala) - they had to wind up after their debts grew over their head. They did not pay their agents or fuel pumps, and in the end were forced to park their buses. When they were operational, passengers had made them the first choice - over the established operators. So, its possible for a newcomer to make a dent, but play it safe so that you don't end up denting yourself.

And, I guess, quick expansions are a must. Stagnating on a single route might make the operator lose their charm very soon.
binaiks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2011, 21:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

HYD -Cochin .

They will take your parcel without even a bill . Try the same with Kallada .. they will simply refuse . I dont know who owns Kallada ,but the counter guys are so scared and they plainly refuse even to carry in their home state .

Almost every operator to Kerala do not accept parcel without bill. Its not just because of the operator, but the checking at Walayar check post is horrible and even they are scared of stopping the bus at check post for long time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks