Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2011, 21:04   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Kinetic Soleckshaw : Postal vehicle project kickstarted in Ajmer

Kinetic Soleckshaw : Postal vehicle project kickstarted in Ajmer-17012011608.jpg

High Points:

- Kinetic’s Soleckshaw - an environment friendly postal delivery vehicle - has been launched at Ajmer by the Minister of State, Shri Sachin Pilot. 5 such vehicles have been delivered to the Ajmer Post Office.

- Upon testing of these vehicles at Ajmer, these are expected to be rolled out nationally.

- Soleckshaw is a solar-power assisted, pedal-operated cycle rickshaw originally conceptualized by CSIR, India’s eminent science and research institution.

- Kinetic Motors in association with CMERI (CSIR) has re-designed and developed a modified version of Soleckshaw for delivery of post, parcels and other postal services in India.

- Emergence of electronic means of communication is changing the profile of post offices and postmen. A Postman is likely to carry more parcels for delivery than ordinary mails. A survey in Pune found that each postman covers an area of around 40-45 kms and carries an average weight of 35-40 kgs per day.
Old 18th January 2011, 21:49   #2
BHPian

Re: Kinetic Soleckshaw : Postal vehicle project kickstarted in Ajmer

Interesting news. However I did not see any solar panel or such which will supplement human power. It would be interesting how this machine is built up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
A survey in Pune found that each postman covers an area of around 40-45 kms and carries an average weight of 35-40 kgs per day.
and I can vouch for this! The poor guy serving my locality has a tough time when companies send out the annual reports. Add junk mailers and letters for prior occupants that land straight in the trash can. Understandably, I have seen him use his personal scooter quite a few times.
Old 18th January 2011, 23:22   #3
BHPian

Fantastic initiative This will reduce much of the burden postmen face. Hope this grows to all the states.

Last edited by kraft.wagen : 18th January 2011 at 23:27.
Old 19th January 2011, 00:15   #4
Senior - BHPian

This is a wonderful initiative and quite innovative too.Postmen are probalbly the most important people in the society and they carry the burden of communication on their shoulders.we seldom realise this.
Old 19th January 2011, 00:36   #5
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic, I wish there would be something like this for the LPG delivery guys too. Of course the postmen deserve anything that can help them on their feet and this is a real nice initiative.
Old 19th January 2011, 00:51   #6
Senior - BHPian

Does Kinetic still exist or is it Mahindra?

Don't see a solar panel/battery/inverter of any sort. I see a front hub motor

So far a solar vehicle of any kind has not proven practical due to the large panel area requirement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks