Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2006, 18:03   #1
Senior - BHPian

207 Broken into half!!

On my way back today, I saw this Tata 207 DI broken into half! The truck had a canvas canopy on the bed, and he was trying to force it through Rajaram bridge on Sinhgad Road, which has a barrier installed to prevent larger vehicles from passing through. But the barrier was stronger than he thought, and instead the truck snapped into half!!
The whole truck lay there for quite sometime forming an arc. Here are a couple of poor quality pics I clicked from my phone

Old 12th January 2006, 18:06   #2
BHPian

Barriers are put up for a reason. On another note, i am happy that a something put up by the government served its true purpose (in some way)
Old 12th January 2006, 18:23   #3
Senior - BHPian

serves the guy right.... some ppl are always in a burning hurry to get someplace... wonder where.... may be for number 2

and the quality of the pics are pretty good considering they were shot from a camfone...

i once saw a cargo autorikshaw do a somersault when the top hit a tree branch... and all the cargo was flying around.... lucky me a gas cylinder just landed inches from my hood onto the road... whew...

BTW that was a natural barrier....
Old 12th January 2006, 19:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! That must have hurt. Poor 207.
Old 12th January 2006, 21:16   #5
BHPian

uh oh ...
actually thats funny ....the way it has curved up
Old 12th January 2006, 22:01   #6
BHPian

haha....that pic made my day, serves that guy right. Talking about funny incidents, this was what happened on the way back from college some time back in Delhi. Somewhere near vikas marg ext. I saw a huge crowd surrounding a cielo (i think!) that had rammed into a shop or something. And of all the funny sayings people have written at the back of their cars, this was till now the funniest and most apt one..it said "misguided missile"...i was laughing my ass off at that one!

godspeed.
Old 12th January 2006, 22:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

hehe that is funny
there have been few similar attempts of such same type there before (once a truck cause traffic jam there)

nice spotting sajo
Old 12th January 2006, 22:52   #8
BHPian

hehe
nice find sajo. Serves him rite
Old 29th January 2006, 07:10   #9
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Good shooting Sajo. Which camera phone?

The 207DI must have been going pretty fast for the chassis to buckle like that. I never thought you could go fast on Sinhgad road, particularly in the vicinity of the barrier.

And I would have expected only the pickup-bed to have ripped off. (like in Terminator 2). Either it was tremendous speed-momentum or the 207DI frames are not as strong as they look.
Old 29th January 2006, 15:03   #10
Senior - BHPian

Thats very funny, looks like the driver was going quite fast and didn't notice the height of the barrier.
Old 30th January 2006, 22:21   #11
Senior - BHPian

IMHO, the truck wasnt going that fast. Thats because its a 90 degree turn, and the 207, with its narrow crossply tyres and high CG, may not be able to be able to do it. I think he just thought he could force his way through it by applying more force, and just snapped the thing in the process. The Marathi daily "Sakal" carried a better pic the next day , though no reason was given..
It was broken clean , the way a horse cart might break seperating the horses and the rear cart.. Is the tough truck look of the TL just that? A look..

@ram : I used my basic little K300i to click those pictures.

Last edited by sajo : 30th January 2006 at 22:32.
Old 1st February 2006, 11:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Just an update, the overhead barricades mentioned previously were removed from the bridge. Wonder if there were vested interests at work. Today I saw two trucks thundering down the roads, which brought this fact to my notice. Pune has many incidences of local residents/strongmen conveniently removing traffic barricades, or even dividers (in case of Paud Road) for their (often illegal) purposes, much to the inconvenience of others.
Old 1st February 2006, 12:41   #13
Ram
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Just an update, the overhead barricades mentioned previously were removed from the bridge. Wonder if there were vested interests at work. Today I saw two trucks thundering down the roads, which brought this fact to my notice. Pune has many incidences of local residents/strongmen conveniently removing traffic barricades, or even dividers (in case of Paud Road) for their (often illegal) purposes, much to the inconvenience of others.
You are right, law and order enforcement in Pune is completely out of whack with Pune and her citizens' aspirations to become world-class.

Bicycles, motorcycles and even auto-rickshaws drive on the wrong side of the road.

Motorists enter a busy street from a lane, blissfully turn right giving heart-attacks to oncoming traffic, drive on the wrong side of the road and take their own sweet time to drift into the left lane.

Slow heavy trucks lumber along in the fast lane, blocking traffic. PMT buses wait at a right turn traffic light, on the wrong side of the traffic light island.

I have seen at least two Skoda Octavias and Mahindra Scorpios being driven without any front nor rear license plate.

The traffic police are criminally negligent in discharging their duties.

Mumbai traffic-discipline being infinitely far away, it will take eons to even touch the discipline levels of Bangalore or Hyderabad.

Sincerely felt
Ram
Old 1st February 2006, 12:49   #14
BHPian

wow !! thats something you dont see everyday.
Old 1st February 2006, 17:46   #15
Senior - BHPian

Why did they took down overhead barricades
Isn't that road bad already?

As for traffic disepline, less said better. Has anyone tried to go on Law collage road from Karve road in night time with introduction of round about??
People come at you from wrong side without even noticing "NO ENTRY" board
Yes even buses

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks