Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2011, 20:56   #1
BHPian

Wheels and Tyres - Ashok Motors (Noida)

I've recently upsized my Alto wheels to 13"- under some duress I might add. After two punctures in 3 days, I felt that the tyres should be all replaced. So, why not upsize as well?

A couple of days back, I went to Noida Sector 16 to look for someplace to change my wheels and tyres. I had originally thought of going to Lajpat and Sai Mag, but thought of dropping in to Noida to check if there was something available closer to my place.

Ashok Motors is right in the middle of the Noida car market, next to the MRF showroom and is easy to spot what with all the prominent signages. They are primarily a retailer for Apollo but stock other brands too- such as Pirelli, Bridgestone and Goodyear. Mr Ashok Kumar, a very affable and courteous man quickly understood what I needed in terms of an upsize and was able to suggest a selection of rims and tyres. While his range of inventory isnt very wide (nowhere close to Sai Mag), he would be able to satisfy most customers. He also fixes punctures and does wheel balancing and alignment.

I selected a set of Apollo Acelere 13" alloy wheels- titanium and black finish along with Goodyear Duraplus 155/65 R13 73T tubeless tyres. A slight problem ensued. Turned out that they had only 2 of the wheels with them. Which was a shame because I was really looking forward to the titanium and black wheels. I had to go for my second choice- all titanium. I paid a total of Rs 27,500. (for a review of the tyres, please see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post2350775)

The workshop is well equipped with the latest tools. The staff is knowledgeable and work swiftly. I needed to make sure that the larger wheels didn't rub against the wheel wells. They checked for this. The wheel hubs were slightly rusted, which they fixed.

All in all, I had a very good experience there and was impressed by their level of professionalism and knowledge.

The proprietor, Mr Ashok Kumar may be reached at 9868259555 and the shop is located at AB62, Sector 16, Noida. Here is the map of the general area. http://maps.google.co.in/?ie=UTF8&hq...,0.010568&z=17

Last edited by arjyamaj : 13th May 2011 at 21:19.
arjyamaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2011, 15:50   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ashok Motors- Noida (Wheels and Tyres)

How would you rate them for alignment and balancing work? Please mention the charges also.
Old 21st May 2011, 19:34   #3
BHPian

Re: Ashok Motors- Noida (Wheels and Tyres)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeps View Post
How would you rate them for alignment and balancing work? Please mention the charges also.
Unfortunately, I didnt get my wheel balancing and alignment done that day so I cant comment. However, they weren't using the 'dhaaga' method as far as I could tell. A couple of other cars had their alignment and balancing done- these guys were using sensors only.

Why dont you give him a call to ask?

Also, if you're in Noida, I would recommend JKM Motors in Sector 9 for alignment and balancing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks