Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2012, 21:10   #16
BHPian

Re: Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
How much did he charge for this work ?
Eddy, he a took a total of Rs. 1800. Did some minor rubbing too at the rear fender and a couple of touch up jobs here and there. I will let pics to do the talking now.

PS - Must make a note that team-bhp did come up in our conversation. The guy who was making the paint told me that he got strict instructions from "seth ji" to match the color 100% or else he will make him do it again.

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-image1506.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-image1507.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-image1508.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-image1509.jpg

Overall, I can recommend this place to others. However, wish he seriously takes his dent removal capabilities with a little more organised workshop. To quote him, he very rarely takes cars for dent and paint with his main focus and expertise being color matching and being a BIG dealer for paints and all things alike.

Last edited by noopster : 10th April 2012 at 15:53. Reason: As requested
Old 27th March 2012, 15:19   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by New.Novice View Post
Eddy, he a took a total of Rs. 1800. Did some minor rubbing too at the rear fender and a couple of touch up jobs here and there. I will let pics to do the talking now.
For how many hours/days you left your car with them ?
Old 27th March 2012, 15:41   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
For how many hours/days you left your car with them ?
Took the car at 11 in the morning. Remained there all the while and came back at about 4 in the evening along with the car.
New.Novice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2014, 20:07   #19
BHPian

Raja Paints, Gurgaon

Mod Note: Moved this post from an ownership thread into Directory section so that it is useful to more members. Thanks!

Recently on a drive to jaipur, a truck tyre burst in from of me spraying a bullet of pebbles.

Alas, my blue Vento TDI took the damage head-on resulting in multiple stone chips all over the bonnet :(

to add to that - on the way back home - an auto rickshaw scraped my driver side rear quarter panel.

So I was heartbroken , decided to let go of my NCB and get it repaired from the VW gurgaon service centre. The estimate

7000 for bonnet , 4000 for bumper (Front) , 5000 for quarter panel - all in all 16000 ex tax. with my zero dep i needed to pay 1800 from my pocket.

But then i saw a blue vento just painted and was ready to deliver. Man the paint job done was pathetic. The blue matching was 2 shades different and seems very thin with no or minimalistic Clear coat.

Decided to skip and start searching for alternatives.

Team-bhp was saviour again - i searched and got to know about Raja Paints in Gurgaon. People have vouched on his quality and the colour matching.

Decided to give it a shot.

Reached the place for estimate - and got a surprising estimate of 4800 for all panels! I obliged and fixed an appoint on the following day.

Brief about Raja paints - the owner and his younger brother have been in this business since 90s. They are sole distributor of DuPont automotive paints and use these products in their car repair business too.

They have set of experienced painters - very hard working. The colour matching is done primarily based on DuPont's official Manufacture paint colour code guide book, which tells precisely which duPont paint number needs to mixed in what quantity.

Once this base is made , the matcher's experience counts and he alters the shade slightly depending on the current condition of the paint on the car.

So, coming back - I reached the place and reported on time. Chit chatting with the owner - he quickly realised that i am Bhpian and offered his full attention and extra care.

In the first 10 min i saw 2 Mercedes, 1 X6 coming in for repairs.
The workmanship delivered to these cars was outstanding. The matching was awesome. The X6 owner had been quoted 80000 for a small dent on his bumper - Raja quoted him 1800!

Apart from that people from various service centres - Maruti, Hyundai, Honda, Ford come with the car panels (mostly the fuel lid covers) to buy and match the paint from Raja.

Here is the picture log

1. The initial inspection
Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1387.jpg

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1387.JPG
Views:	737
Size:	666.5 KB
ID:	1254501

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1388.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1389.jpg

2. Team bhp attention - A car next door was getting painted so my car was covered

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1392.jpg

3. The pre paint preparation. Masking, Filling, rubbing, primer

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1394.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1395.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1399.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1400.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1396.jpg

4. The first coat. The colour matched perfectly (minus the gloss).

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1406.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1408.jpg

5. They applied around 4 coats of paint.

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1409.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1410.jpg

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1411.jpg

6. The gloss was still missing but got this first blue colour (Looked good) but i wanted my gloss. So with a heavy heart asked the painter - bhaiya gloss?(where is the gloss mate?) And he said - abhi dekho! (See now)

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_1412.jpg

The above picture shows the lacquer/clear coat being applied and boy it brought the gloss back big time.

Some videos below

I have to return back in 2 days for final rubbing and polishing

Will post the final pics then.

Summary:

Pros -

1. Super cheap
2. Supreme quality
3. You get assured multi coats in front of you
4. World class products used (for filling, primer, paint, thinner - 3M, DuPont)
5. Assured quality
6. Best in town paint matching

Cons

1. No paint booth
2. Dusty conditions
3. No masks for the painters - Health Hazard.

I did mention these cons to the owner - he his setting up a better paint shop soon.

Raja Paints India Private Limited
Scf 87, Opposite Telephone Exchange, Old Delhi Road, Sector 12A
Gurgaon, Haryana 122001
CLOSED on SUNDAY
9:30 am – 7:00 pm

rajapaints.com
098 10 187122

Map link

Last edited by noopster : 27th June 2014 at 20:39. Reason: Moved to Directory Section
newtonMeter is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 19th September 2014, 19:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

+1 to above.

I visited them with my friend who wanted to fix his Swift Dzire.

Left fender, left door and front bumper were damaged by a call center cab. Left ORVM cowl was also broken.

They took two days and made the car as good as new. Perfect color matched and made it as if nothing happened.

They sourced OVRM cowl (unpainted) from the nearby shop (for just Rs.200/-)

BTW, just 3-4 shops away, there is a MGP dealer who has all Maruti genuine parts (at MRP, no discount).

Sorry no before/after pics.
mukeshgoel is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2014, 18:26   #21
BHPian

So I saw newtonMeter's post and decided to give this place a try.

I went one evening to show Punit the car and to get the estimate, though this place was 40 odd KM one side away from my house I had to try out based on the previous reviews.

My rear bumper was hit at multiple places and was painted last time at Bright Motors and paint faded very shortly and there was a big patch of color difference. Also I accidentally hit front left passenger door while parking, it was not very deep there were big scratches and same on the running board.

He gave me an estimate of 1800 per panel that turned out to be 3600 and 1400 for rubbing polishing of complete car. Total damages Rs 5000. I did not haggle once and I also might have been over charged by a bit but I was looking for quality job with no compromises which I told him.

He told it me it would take 2 days, one for paint and second for rubbing polishing. Following week I left the car with him in the morning around 11 AM and collected it back at around 6:30 PM same evening with paint job done. Due to some work constraints I could not give the car for rubbing polishing the same week. Following week I gave him a call and reached there at 11:30 AM and again picked up the car in the evening at around 6:30 PM.

I did not even wait for a single minute any of the day after handing over the car as I was in a hurry and I don't think that it would have made much difference if I was around

The only down side of the whole deal was I had asked Punit to paint the mudflaps as well in our first conversation, I even asked if they could be painted or I need to buy new ones, he told me it would be done. On the evening of paint day I saw the mudflaps were not done, he gave me excuses that it would be difficult to get them off, paint wouldn't stick blah blah blah.
I ignored it.

Few of my friends are interested to give him a try but would bargain a little over the rates.

Few pictures before and after

BEFORE

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_2524.jpg
Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_2525.jpg

AFTER

Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_2593.jpg
Raja Paints (India Pvt Ltd) , Gurgaon-img_2594.jpg
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 19:22   #22
BHPian

I swear by Raja paints. They r really good. Very reasonable and excellent finish. Got my Civic and Cruze painted from them and am really satisfied. Recently a friend got his Red volvo's front bumper painted and it was an exact match. Going to them tomorrow, this time for by bike- Suzuki Intruder, got the rear fender scratched and am sure they would again do a good job.
Old 26th December 2014, 15:06   #23
BHPian

+1 to Raja paints. I was thinking of going for gloss black on the roof of my GT, and was leaning towards a wrap, which was about 3k, with no warranties and most certainly would have to be replaced after a year.

Then I just went around to Raja paints and had a chat with Puneet. I was quoted 3k for gloss black on the roof, and another 3 k for matt black on alloys. I did not give a second thought to the vinyls after that, and went ahead with the painting.

The finish on the roof and the alloys is excellent to say the least. Had to leave the car with them for 2 days though, but no mishandling was there whatsoever. and when i had gone there to collect the car, Puneet was not around. He called me the next day to ask me if the workmanship was satisfactory. Overall, an excellent experience. Would recommend these guys for any paint jobs.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:14   #24
BHPian

Please can someone post the location/map to Raja Paints.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:24   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
Please can someone post the location/map to Raja Paints.
Search "Raja Paints India Private Limited" in Google maps and it will show.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/...990469ccadb490
mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2015, 12:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

I got my swift repainted at Raja last month. The results are pretty good.

Details and pics later
Old 11th April 2015, 11:10   #27
BHPian

@mukeshgoyal - Thanks a lot!

@Eddy - The whole car, including denting? What did they charge?

I need to get LHS fender and the running board repaired on the Brio. Is drilling the only option vis a vis replacement. A.S.S. quoted 3k for each panel and tax extra.

Any extremely reliable and good place in Gurgaon to get suspension work done as well?

Too many questions!
Old 11th April 2015, 12:54   #28
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post

@Eddy - The whole car, including denting? What did they charge?
The whole car save the roof (silver). It costed me 20k including a new front bumper, one side new fender lining & rear bumper repair. The car was in a REALLY bad shape dents wise. I will post pics in a while.
Eddy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2015, 09:26   #29
BHPian

guys,my driver banged the car (swift) today! The left side rear door has a minor dent and there are few dents on the fenders as well.Need to get it repaired- dented and painted both. Should i take it to Raja Paints or Heera Motors? Don't want to go to MASS. Pleas suggest.
Old 21st May 2015, 15:13   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I will post pics in a while.
Pics Awaited
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks