Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2015, 17:06   #46
BHPian

Re: Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Hey Sidindica,

I see some red marks on the front(silver) grill. Is that the unfinished part or some over spray?

A friend got his complete swift(barring the roof) painted from Makdoom. Despite having an easy to match white color, the painted shade was off by a huge margin. I was left unimpressed.

Regards
Old 26th August 2015, 16:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Went a 2nd time to Munna/Mahfus (bright motors) for repair/repaint of body kits on my Civic. As always, the quality of workmanship is consistent as before, though they delay the work by extra 2 days.

*Repaired*
- An inch broken Front skirt
- Rear Bumper (an inch tear being stitched)

*Fresh Paint*
- Front bumper & front Skirt
- Rear bumper & Rear Skirt
- Side skirts
- Lower door entry panels
- Side fenders (8 pieces)
- Front Grill

Paid a reasonable 12K for the job. They did a thorough rubbing/polish for the whole car. Overall another satisfied customer.
Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0524001.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0586001.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0578001.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0540002.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-dsc_0527001.jpg
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 16:20   #48
BHPian

Any "before" images of the car ? Just to guess the extent of damage covered ...
Old 19th December 2015, 14:59   #49
BANNED

Gave our battered Punto to bright motors for a complete respray. Met Mehfooz and he quoted 22K for entire car leaving the roof. Running board had a big gash and I asked him to have the door handles + OVRMs body coloured and front grill to be painted in silver. Met Munna and he said his brother has quoted less. Anyways I ended up paying 25500 as I asked him to buy one head light and tail light which were not new.

The final finish is brilliant !!! fabulous job and I feel the price was totally worth it. Although wasn't really convinced with the second hand light and I feel the price was really high but I think he kind of compensated for the lesser quote his brother gave.

Dislikes :
  • You need to point out the misses. In my case had to show them paint drips, over sprays at some places.
  • Didn't like the way the fixed the running board by drilling holes and using filler to fill them up instead of welding them back.
  • Central locking motor conked off for one door which was running fine when I gave the car.

Will let the pics do the talking.

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151126_171820.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151126_171836.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151126_171852.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151126_171858.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151126_171920.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151207wa0000.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151207wa0001.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151207wa0003.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151207wa0004.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151210_130226.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151210_131231.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151208wa0004.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151208wa0005.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151208wa0006.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img20151208wa0008.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151219_135845514.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151219_135856270.jpg  

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20151219_135903021.jpg  

Last edited by akhilesh : 19th December 2015 at 15:02.
akhilesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:58   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Gave our battered Punto to bright motors for a complete respray. Met Mehfooz and he quoted 22K for entire car leaving the roof. Running board had a big gash and I asked him to have the door handles + OVRMs body coloured and front grill to be painted in silver. Met Munna and he said his brother has quoted less. Anyways I ended up paying 25500 as I asked him to buy one head light and tail light which were not new.

The final finish is brilliant !!! fabulous job and I feel the price was totally worth it. Although wasn't really convinced with the second hand light and I feel the price was really high but I think he kind of compensated for the lesser quote his brother gave.

Dislikes :
  • You need to point out the misses. In my case had to show them paint drips, over sprays at some places.
  • Didn't like the way the fixed the running board by drilling holes and using filler to fill them up instead of welding them back.
  • Central locking motor conked off for one door which was running fine when I gave the car.

Will let the pics do the talking.
akhilesh your post came in just when i was looking for some major panels painting on my 2010 Punto. I guess that is bossa nova white. Was he able to match it back to original color. How was the overall workmanship and paint quality. And how much did he charge for headlight.

Last edited by saurabh041086 : 2nd January 2016 at 01:00.
Old 2nd January 2016, 08:12   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post
akhilesh your post came in just when i was looking for some major panels painting on my 2010 Punto. I guess that is bossa nova white. Was he able to match it back to original color. How was the overall workmanship and paint quality. And how much did he charge for headlight.
Yes it is bossanova white. The color match is spot on when I compared with another punto of same shade. But the advantage with me was that the entire car was painted except roof so matching wouldn't have been a problem for him.

Paint quality is brilliant and the finish is absolutely smooth I'll rate it 10/10. At other places you generally get vertical lines which comes from panel beating but that's not the case here as Munna/Mehfooz follow a different approach of grinding the surface to bare metal and then apply a thin coat of filler.

Workmanship I'll rate them 8/10 not because of the paint but for their lack of details when putting back the fittings. I you can spare 1-2 hrs in the end to oversee the fittings it will help.

He ripped me off for the headlight. He charged a total of 3500 for a one headlight and one tail light both second hand. While new ones will cost same or less. New is 2300 for headlight and approx 1000 for tail light. But again I didn't mind much because I inquired new lights in 2 dealerships at it was out of stock
akhilesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 09:16   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhilesh View Post
Paint quality is brilliant and the finish is absolutely smooth I'll rate it 10/10.
How is the paint holding up now since almost a year has passed? Asking because I am keen on getting my Ritz painted (it's in the same condition as your Punto was prior to the paint job).
Old 19th April 2017, 08:44   #53
BHPian

Bumping up an old thread, Can anyone please give their 2 cents on the work of bright motors who have availed their services recently ?
I need to get some minor work done in my elantra.
Thanks in advance.
Old 1st May 2017, 00:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piyush46 View Post
Bumping up an old thread, Can anyone please give their 2 cents on the work of bright motors who have availed their services recently ?
I need to get some minor work done in my elantra.
Thanks in advance.
I just had my Vento done from them. Overall extremely happy with final result.

I first reached out to them during September 2016 when my Vento was bumped by a truck on red light and sheet metal of rear right panel got thrashed. The truck person took advantage of rush at red light and ran away after taking U-Turn. By the time i came back after next red light he was already gone and i did not drove too fast to catch him since one bad moment lead to another and worst possible case would be me banging someone else.

So i read reviews of Bright motor here and since it was very close to my office i visited them. Initially talked with Munna and He gave a quote of 6000 for rear right panel damage. After some negotiations it came down to 5500.

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170306_132135.jpg
The damage is actually more than how it looks in this image since there is less visibility of depth.

I reached out to multiple folks for repair since this is the first time i had to do some denting/painting work on my car (Some of my friends were happy, In NCR 6 year and never got damage big enough to go for denting/painting)

VW Service Center Replace: 70K (They wanted to change whole panel). Looking at car condition they thought its 3 year old or so but when i mentioned its already 6 year old and i do not have zero depreciation this option was out of window for me.
VW Service Center Repair: 12K quote for repairing the panel and painting.
Pandit: 32K Pandit's workshop was also near to my office so got a quote from him. No matter how good his work is i did not want to spent 32K on this. Besides he might have gotten this panel shine more then rest of the car.
Heera Gurgaon: 4K. Heard good thing about him so called him and after checking whats app photo he quoted 4K for repair. This was very good value for money quote.
Bright Motor: 5.5K. I almost decided to go to Gurgaon but for that i would have to make multiple trips besides i would not be able to check work in progress. Since Bright was near to my office with only 5-10 mins walk i decided to do it with them. So i went to them again but there was a surprise now.

Bright Motor - March 2017
I first visited them on Sept 2016 and got quote of 5.5K for Panel. However due to whole demonetisation i extended the idea of repair. When i went to them again in March 2017 he was very surprised that i waited all this time and came back again to him for repair. I also told him that i have quote of small price but since I am team-bhp member and his review are good i wanted to get it done from him.
After listing to this and inspecting the car he suggested to get the rear bumper as well which also had very sharp cut (Done by someone when car was parked outside) and several small chips etc due to congested Nehru place parking folks. He offered to do this for complementary. He said "its not about money any more, You waited 6-7 months and came back to me now i want to show how good my work is so let me do rear bumper for free".
After little checking i also asked him to do front bumper since this also had some chips etc due to parking.

Final Quote: 7.5K
- Rear right Panel denting, welding, filling, painting
- Rear bumper denting, filling, painting
- Front bumper denting, painting

Car pics before work:

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170306_132140.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170306_132149.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170306_132158.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170306_132233.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170306_132240.jpg

Work In Progress:

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170309_105455.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170309_105459.jpg

Body Shop : Bright Motors (Delhi)-img_20170309_105514.jpg

Pics after work done:
Give me 2-3 days and I will upload them as well.

Pros:
Communication: Great. Picks up the phone and update correctly. Does not hide or twist things around. Very straight and honest.
Work Quality: Good. I am extremely satisfied with work done. My wife and other friend including one anther team-bhp friend and myself, None of us can figure out the difference in paint. The match is perfect.
Free 3M Full car polish: He also gave free polish and cleaning of whole exterior of the car for free.
Extra Help: I had a radiator pipe joint leaking coolant. Initially he was about to paint the front bumper as is but i asked him to take the bumper out so this will give me some space to apply M-seal on exposed radiator. This problem was there in my car for a year and VW diagnosed it. Leak was very small but SA said they cannot do anything and whole radiator has to be changed. Outside he also said applying M-seal would be sufficient enough but that he can not do inside service station. So i got this done here.
Timing: No delays. When i reached workshop as promised car was ready with polish and front bumper opened for me to do my work.

Cons:
- No proper paint booth. It all happen in open.
- Unfortunately when i went to take delivery it rained, leading to mud and dirt on roads where cars are parked. Locality is little dirty.
- Interior of car got dusty. Since damage on rear right panel was significant they were working while window/door open. Leading to lots of dust and white powder inside. Some people might not like it but i was so happy with paint work that i did not mind spending 1 hour cleaning whole car myself from inside after reaching home.

Last edited by karansm4u : 1st May 2017 at 01:04.
Old 1st May 2017, 01:30   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
I just had my Vento done from them. Overall extremely happy with final result.
Does he do touch up also or only the whole panel?
Also, what brand material is he using, sikkens, Dupont?

I have a single line on the rear bumper of my Rapid. Don't want to get the entire bumper painted as the original finish would be gone. Was thinking if he would do just that portion and somehow achieve a perfect match.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks