Team-BHP - Multi-Brand Workshop : Bosch Service (Oriental Okhla, Delhi)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Multi-Brand Workshop : Bosch Service (Oriental Okhla, Delhi) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/139889-multi-brand-workshop-bosch-service-oriental-okhla-delhi.html)

Hii BHPians

Hope this review is of some help to those looking for options other than MASS.

First of all, my service history:
Pre 2011: I used a M800, regularly serviced from Competent Mehrauli, once a year after around 6-7000 Kms.
Overall experience was all right. Average cost was around 3-4K per service with no major repairs. Only once, they tried to sell that stupid magnetic thing which improves mileage. Hell, i dont even care to remember it's name.

Post 2012: I purchased a preowned Esteem (2007) from True Value. A nice, well balanced car with pretty decent ride quality.

The first 3 services were done at Apra Gurgaon. To be honest, I've nothing to complain about, also, nothing to praise. They just cleaned it, adjusted clutch and brake play and thats about it. I am a bit skeptical with maintenance being carried out away from my sight. So always struck to FNGs for oil changes and minor repairs.

Owing to the bad reputation the MASS is gaining because of irrelevant repairs and you know what I am talking about, I started looking for an alternative.

Did a google search and zeroed in on Bosch: Oriental automobiles in Okhla.
Following activities were carried out in the service @ 60K Kms :
1. Engine tuneup and regular service (Spark plug clean, gap adjust etc)
2. Thorough Washing
3. Engine oil & filter change (Bosch Mineral )
4. Spacers for rear suspension + Labour for same
5. Rear brake lining replacement + labour
6. Wheel alignment + balancing
7. New wiper set (bosch)+ New air filter + coolent topup
8. Error code scanning.(Mine showed an error for O2 sensor)

The total cost for all the above was around 5500/- , out of which approx 3000 was for consumables and rest labor, servicing etc.

What I Liked:
1. The owner was prompt and very knowledgeable. He answered all the queries and voluntarily showed me the repairs that my car may require in the future (like bearing replacement etc)

2. Everything is done before your eyes and if you are ready to tolerate Delhi heat than you can just stand there and watch everything getting done.

3. Price of consumables and parts are pretty decent.BHPians can judge it better.

4. The owner is quite friendly and you get a feeling that your car is in safe hands. They also have the scanner and promptly show you and clear the codes as required.

What can be improved:

1. Facility is a bit small as compared to MASS. But, nothing to complain as you know that you car is in right hands and not being drifted around like in MASS facilities.

2. For wheel alignment and balancing they didnt have the facility for Rim straightening. I required that and will go to a dedicated tyre shop for the same.

3. Engine oil was about a litre short, so got it filled from a neighborhood garage and checked for leaks if any. Lets wait for a day or two to check whether there are any leaks.

My experience after service:

Car has been cleaned thoroughly, and I feel like kissing the engine bay. It's so thoroughly cleaned.
Mine is a CNG and a recent outstation trip confirmed that i need to do something of the rear suspension. So rear spacers have increased the height a bit, the car is more stable at 90+, ride has improved, it doesn't bounce around and no more floating felling above 100. Only downside is a bit oversteer and body roll. Earlier it understeered and no matter what, the rear would never put too much stress on the rear wheels. Love the new "leaning a bit forward" posture.

So overall, I had a good experience at Bosch service centre in Oklha. But one thing is for sure, as soon as you are well versed with a few basic preventive maintenance tasks, you can avoid being cheated or overcharged. I am waiting for the day when we Indians start doing minor things like changing engine oil, plugs, filters etc without getting a "ewww" look from neighbours. :D

Contact Info:

Y-34 Okhla Industrial Area,
Okhla Phase-II,
New Delhi
Pin Code: 110 020
Contact Person: Mr. Ashok Mehra / Mr. Raj Indra Mehra
Mobile: 9810977556
Alternate Phone: 011 26387110 / 011 26387893
Mail Id: orientalauto@yahoo.com

Thread moved to the Team-BHP Directory. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sudeep11787 (Post 3199746)
Y-34 Okhla Industrial Area,
Okhla Phase-II,
New Delhi
Pin Code: 110 020
Contact Person: Mr. Ashok Mehra / Mr. Raj Indra Mehra
Mobile: 9810977556
Alternate Phone: 011 26387110 / 011 26387893
Mail Id: orientalauto@yahoo.com

Did you visit this place recently ? I am looking at an FNG for some odd jobs on my Beemer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajeshchand (Post 3452533)
Did you visit this place recently ? I am looking at an FNG for some odd jobs on my Beemer.

No. Not really. Nowadays I am going to one of the garages in gurgaon. The owner has got an esteem too, so he knows the car inside out. And the place is closer to my workplace.