Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2013, 15:01   #1
BHPian

Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)

I found an amazing paint shop in the crowded areas of Gurgaon.

Name : Heera Motors
Location : Opposite Hanuman Mandir, Sukhrali, Gurgaon[Attached Map]
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-sukhrali.gif

Services Offered :
  • Paint Jobs and Matching
  • Mechanical and Denting Jobs
  • Other Fitment and Engine Jobs

Services I took : Got the bumpers/boot/left side doors and right side quarter panel done. Amazed by the color matching and the quality of work done. The Workmanship is at its best in gurgaon. Have availed services of almost 10 body shops in Gurgaon, and found them to be the best. Heera is an honest person and is very polite in his work. Also gave the car for rubbing polish, and after I saw a few paint spots, he polished the car once again without a glitch.

Things I like :
  • VFM : Took 10K for the whole job, which is VFM in Gurgaon Standards.
  • Very Polite and excellent in his job unlike Gurgaon shops.
  • Will do the job as per your preference and covinience, promised me the car in 4 days and he was spot on.
  • Also takes extra care for the car. I left my wallet in the car by mistake. He called me up to return it back.

Things I did not like :
  • Lack of space.
  • No Paint Booth. Open air concerns.

Overall, a very satisfactory job and I am happy with the work! Would Recommend him to anyone looking for a good paint job. If you go to him, you can give my referral saying Esteem Waale sir!
devilwearsprada is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 23:06   #2
Team-BHP Support

re: Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)

I showed him my swift today. Got an estimate of 15k for the complete denting - painting job.

Will get an estimate at a couple of other places and then decide on how to proceed - depending on whether I keep the car or sell it.
Old 10th August 2013, 18:23   #3
BHPian

I think the price is pretty satisfactory!
Should I post my car pictures?
Old 10th August 2013, 19:45   #4
Team-BHP Support

Please do post, and some "before" pics also if possible
Old 10th August 2013, 23:50   #5
BHPian

I dont have before pics. Only the after's. The before's are usual city bike dents and a huge mark in the boot left from a pierced iron bar!
Old 11th August 2013, 00:10   #6
Team-BHP Support

Ok, please post the after ones then.
Old 28th September 2013, 11:05   #7
GRV
BHPian

Re: Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)

Hi
Based on reco here went to Heera with my Wife's Honda city for dent paint job. Later took the car to other dent shop along sheetla mata mandir. I guess the rate quoted is standard which is Rs.1050 for every dent point (minor dents ) (this includes painting also)

I checked with Heera if he can change suspension bush of my Grand vitara also (without changing suspension arm) and he was confident to do that. Any experience of getting suspension bush changed in where in Gurgaon for any BHPian ?

Thanks
GRV
Old 29th November 2013, 21:26   #8
BHPian

Have you tried Rakesh Automobiles?
Old 17th December 2013, 10:23   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I found an amazing paint shop in the crowded areas of Gurgaon.

Name : Heera Motors

First of all, Thanks to Devilwearsprada for putting this post.
I had recently gone to Heera. The door of of Honda Civic was banged by a TATA Ace truck and the dent was looking bad.

I first went to Bright Motors in Okhla, which was recommended in another post of Team-Bhp.

He gave me an estimate of 11000 and asked for a time of 4 days for repairs, including door, running board and some dry denting
I was not convinced and walked away.

Went to Heera. Liked his attitude. Asked for 4000 for door repair and running board repair which was damaged, and dry denting of a fender.

Time : 1 day for repair and painting, would need to come back the next day for rubbing, polishing etc.

The guys at his shop were quite knowledgeable in denting and they deftly opened the door panels, removed the window glass, beading etc.
Heera did the denting himself. As one of the dents was very severe, he had to do some spot welding

Came back in the evening, picked up my car It was painted. Went again next day for finishing.

After the wet sanding, rubbing, polishing etc, i could see that there was a paint mismatch. The shade was lighter, the depth was not there and the pearl metallic finish was not satisfactory.

Heera was not there, asked me to come next morning to show him.

Next morning, he took a glance at the paint and said it is not satisfactory and that he will do it again and again till he himself is satisfied.

The Culprit : His boys had taken the car for paint matching at RAJA PAINTS in Gurgaon, which is the biggest dealer for paints (Du Pont). The mixing guy there was very busy so they went to another dealer, who did a lousy paint matching job. Heera scolded his guys for going to another paint dealer. He says RAJA is the best.

This time i went along with Heera to Raja paints.
The guy there took 1 hour to mix and match the paint correctly, spraying each time with the paint and the clear coat on a piece of metal and matching it with the car.

Once it was done, a guy there spray painted the panel (More about the process later)

Next day, got it wet sanded and finished.
This time, the paint was a perfect match (as close as humanly possible), great depth, gloss and metallic pearl. OEM quality.

Some key points noted during the whole painting episode

- Heera is a great guy. He himself made sure that the paint match was almost perfect.
- We used all Du-Pont paints and products
- Heera uses the right techniques when painting. I had read a lot about the painting process on the internet, and some things that he did as per the book were
- Multiple coats of primer, with adequate time for drying
- Minimum 3 coats of base paint, followed by minimum 3 coats of clear coat.
- He looked at the paint from all angles during the spray process to make sure it was even
- Using of TACK cloth between the coats of base paint. Used a special TACK cloth to remove dust and particles
- Usage of the right grade of sandpaper, starting from coarse (1000), moving up to 1500.
- Continuous watering of sandpaper during the wet sanding. This is important
- Usage of only 3M finishing products, including the sandpaper
- Rotary polisher to bring out final gloss
- Used the correct Wool Pad on the polisher (as recommended on internet)

A lot of hard work went into denting, painting and polishing, but it was worth it.
He touched up all other small scratches and blemishes.

I would definitely recommend him. Just make sure he supervises the whole process.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 11:31   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VineetG View Post
I would definitely recommend him. Just make sure he supervises the whole process.
True That, do get your work supervised by Heera only, his boys have the knowledge, but then again they do not put full efforts until the owner supervises. Try to find out a day when he is in shop.
devilwearsprada is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2014, 08:37   #11
Senior - BHPian

I've heard only good things about this place...I'm thinking of taking my Civic here for getting my boot dented and painted. The only issue being it's a bit out of my way in Gurgaon. Is there any good and reasonable denter painter in South delhi?
Old 27th May 2014, 12:15   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
I've heard only good things about this place...I'm thinking of taking my Civic here for getting my boot dented and painted. The only issue being it's a bit out of my way in Gurgaon. Is there any good and reasonable denter painter in South delhi?
Please refer http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-...new-delhi.html

The painter is in GK 2.
Old 26th March 2016, 18:27   #13
BHPian

Got some minor jobs done at Heera including but not limited to brake pad replacement (front discs and rear discs), sanding of brake shoe, hand brake tightening, mud flap and wheel cladding replacement. Took about 45 minutes and work was done well. Need to get 4 panels reworked and Heera has quoted me 1800 per panel plus 1000 for polishing and rubbing. Will go for bodywork day after tomorrow.
Old 9th April 2016, 18:50   #14
BHPian

i Have now been frequenting Heera motors for quite some time now. I am amazed at his skills and understanding of cars.

He is a wizard for denting and painting. His paint matching skills are excellent and uses the best quality materials.
I can confidently say that his paint finishing is better than what i have experienced at the ASS.

Also, for mechanical repairs, he has changed by brake pads, rotor skimming, suspension bushes etc. Work quality is excellent.

He arranges for spares also if not available in the nearby shops. Goes to Kashmiri gate to get them if required.

He also repaired by Side motorized ORVM which had gone bust. ASS was asking for replacement, which costed a bomb.

All in all, i now trust him for most of my work.

Highly recommended.

Rgds
VineetG is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 20:28   #15
BHPian

I had recently visited Heera Motors for a few pending jobs on my car. Even though I have visited Heera before, this was the first time I used his services for a bodywork job on my car. I drove down to IFFCO on Thursday to take a quote and left my car with him the same day at 1400 hours. I was promised my car by Saturday or Sunday the 29th of May.

The following jobs were requested by me -
1] Bodywork including 3 panels (hood, front fender and bumper).
2] Assorted small scratches.
3] Rubbing and polishing.
4] Air conditioning system service.
5] Interior dry cleaning.
6] Wash

Here is what Heera charged me for his services -
1] 1800 per panel for bodywork.
2] 500 for removal of assorted scratches and small dents.
3] 1000 for rubbing and polishing.
4] 1500 for AC service.
5] 650 for dry cleaning the interiors.
6] 300 for wash.
I did not bargain the rates quoted by him as I found them reasonable for the quality of workmanship he provides.

Before and after pictures attached - (Apologies for the sub-par photography skills, my skills are only limited to selfies and such.)
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-0.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-1.jpg
This next one is courtesy of the rain gods. The society guard says the channel holding the society board fell creating the small crater. However, the marks look like someone took their time to vandalize the hood of my car. Whatever the case, I try not to think about it much.
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-2.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-3.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-4.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-5.jpg
Rear bumper was only touched up as I did not want another panel added to the bill for a small scratch.
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-6.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-7.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-8.jpg
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-9.jpg
Finally, an aerial shot from the balcony.
Paint & Mechanical Work - Heera Motors (Sukhrali, Gurgaon)-10.jpg
Overall I would rate Heera's work as 9/10. Can't give full marks because he and his brothers/partners work in hazardous conditions with paint being sprayed on one end and asbestos brake pads being replaced at the other. I guess that is the norm in all FNGs' but still. I am extremely happy with the end result and I hope it will help other bhpians make a decision before heading off to his workshop. Don't forget to mention the 'white i20 wale bhaiya' he knows I am a bhpian
RocketRaccoon is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks