Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2013, 17:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)

Guys now that 3M has also opened shop in Gurgaon and soon coming to Delhi too, what do you recommend, Steam and shine vs 3M? I am planning to get my Innova and
Sunny detailed.

Also how good are there opticoat package? Does it really work as described? Someone has tried it? I would be interested in getting it on my 320D as I am told by a lot of people including the SA that the colour would lose its shine if not detailed frequently.
Old 17th November 2013, 00:28   #17
BHPian

3M is much expensive. Take a look at Retro Rraps too. Right next to the sultanpur station. Heard they have an amazing service!
Old 20th November 2013, 17:03   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Guys now that 3M has also opened shop in Gurgaon and soon coming to Delhi too, what do you recommend, Steam and shine vs 3M? I am planning to get my Innova and
Sunny detailed.

Also how good are there opticoat package? Does it really work as described? Someone has tried it? I would be interested in getting it on my 320D as I am told by a lot of people including the SA that the colour would lose its shine if not detailed frequently.
I haven't tried the store at Gurgaon so can't comment on their skill/will, still I would prefer S&S especially when I am looking for more than a car wash. The attention to detail that I experienced at S&S is difficult to match for a factory type 3M.

About the opticoat - I saw Sunny's (one of the partners in S&S) Black Civic which had been opti coated a year ago. It did shine well. Now, it's owned by a Detailer so it might have received better pampering than what we provide to our cars. It definitely had swirl marks so opticoat can't guarantee swirl-free finish for years but it shall definitely be able to retain the shine longer.
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2013, 17:06   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I haven't tried the store at Gurgaon so can't comment on their skill/will, still I would prefer S&S especially when I am looking for more than a car wash. The attention to detail that I experienced at S&S is difficult to match for a factory type 3M.

About the opticoat - I saw Sunny's (one of the partners in S&S) Black Civic which had been opti coated a year ago. It did shine well. Now, it's owned by a Detailer so it might have received better pampering than what we provide to our cars. It definitely had swirl marks so opticoat can't guarantee swirl-free finish for years but it shall definitely be able to retain the shine longer.
Thanks. I guess I am first going to try out there regular packages on my Sunny and Innova and then see the results and service. If everything looks great then might think of getting the Opticoat pack done on the 3 series. The Imperial blue shade needs pampering for the shine to stay and even the SA confirmed that.
Old 20th November 2013, 17:33   #20
BHPian

Try Autoxpertz too,

Auto XpertZ http://www.autoxpertz.in/

Detailing Centre
355, MG Road, Near
Sultanpur Metro Station,
New Delhi 110030

I got my Innova Grey Mica color exterior detailing done 2 yrs back when they were in Kirti Nagar. At that time they had limited space and do not take more than 2-3 cars a day. But I still remember, as they put life back to my two year Innova at that time. But only worry I had, it didn't last long, may be 2-3 months. Not sure about product they used, but costed my Rs 2700/- only for exterior.
Old 19th April 2014, 12:27   #21
Senior - BHPian

I have pathetic experience with "Steam & Shine", on 17 April, I showed my new Punto to Anurag on which someone has put key marks (scratches) and was confirmed for an appointment at 10:00 AM for today April 19, 2014.

I was confirmed by Anurag, that this scratches are perfectly curable and the same will be fixed in about 4 hours of time.

I visited them today at 10:00 AM and:

1. The team suppose to work on the car refused that the scratches will go and only polishing can be done - I was amused at their behavior as to why confirmation was given to me, that too after proper verification of damage at their outlet and by one of owners personally.

2. None of the owners were present at the shop and the team was quite reluctant to even call them as they were not picking up my calls (its was about 10:15 AM). I tried all three numbers many times.

3. I decided to take the car back (after wasting more than 1 hour) due to poor approach of their team. I received a call from Sunny (the second owner later) and he has the audacity to tell me that if Anurag has seen and made confirmation then only he is responsible for it and hung up.

I informed him that I will report this at team-bhp - to which he said, I am free to choose whatever I wish to report in the forum.

- Anurag has not even returned any of my calls. Not even apologized for his his poor diagnosis and non-professional behavior.

- I am just reporting it here for others to be more cautious with this shop so that if the owners are making any commitments, atleast force them to ask their shop-floor guys to check and reconfirm the claims made by their principals / owners.

Too bad ! Unprofessional !

Last edited by i74js : 19th April 2014 at 12:31.
i74js is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2014, 14:16   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Good that atleast the workers identified that the scratches cannot be removed. Otherwise you would have been left high and dry.

Thumb rule for scratches - if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail then you cannot remove it. At the max depending on the depth of the scratch you can make it less noticeable that's all.Also if the primer is exposed then no polishing detailing can correct it. No need for an expert to ascertain.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 19th April 2014 at 14:18.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 14:05   #23
BHPian

I want to get a paint sealant treatment for my Baleno. I dont wanna spend over 2500 bucks. Any good suggestions?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks