Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2013, 22:27   #1
BHPian

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)

Disclaimer: I have no association with Steam&Shine apart from being a delighted customer.

Service availed: Gold (Swirl Free Shine) – Exterior Detailing. They also vacuum cleaned the interiors and detailed the Engine (not part of the package).

• Attention to detail
  • Trained and courteous staff
  • The guys running the show (Anurag and Sunny) are knowledgeable and friendly.

Dislikes:
  • Can’t think of any. Just wish that they were situated a bit closer to where I stay.

Pricing:
Mentioned here. Might change with time so, it’s better to confirm the costs over phone before visiting.

I find their costs reasonable especially after looking at the effort that their team puts on the car.

Contact info:

Contact persons: Anurag and Sunny

Address: 999, ARJANGARH, MG ROAD, (NEAR ARJAN GARH METRO STATION), NEW DELHI-110047

Phone: +91-875000-1117, 875000-1118, 875000-1119

E-mail: steamandshine@hotmail.com

Facebook page: Facebook.com/steamandshine

My Punto suffered some damage at 3M car care in Ahmedabad (details are here). 3M recommended Steam&Shine for the rectification. I had been following their work on Facebook for a long time but could never try their service due to distance. This time I decided to dedicate a Saturday to my Punto and Steam&Shine. After getting the work done, all I can say is, “A Saturday well spent!”

I booked an appointment for 10.30 AM for correction of wrap (covered by 3M) and gold exterior detailing package (out of pocket). A late client call on Friday meant that I woke up at 11 AM. Called Anurag and he asked to bring the car over. I reached around 12:30 PM and they started the work around 1.30 PM. Their entire team was busy still, they accommodated my car and requested for time till evening. Met fellow BHPian (NewtonMeter), he was there to get a wash and wax done on his Vento. They took almost 6 hours to complete the job but it was 6 hours well spent. I would highly recommend their work to anyone that wants their car to be pampered.

Let the pictures do all the talking from here on.

Before detailing:

The car was parked outside so was subjected to nature and its creatures.

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-01img_0016.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-02img_0017.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-03img_0019.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-04img_0020.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-05img_0021.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-06img_0022.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-07img_0023.jpg

Their team working on the car:

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-08img_0024.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-09img_0025.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-11img_0032.jpg

Carefully wrapping the part
Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-12img_0033.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-13img_0034.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-15img_0036.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-16img_0038.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-17img_0039.jpg

This was beyond their call of duty. They cleaned the windshield with Meguiar's glass cleaner and then the guy inspected the glass and felt that there are bonded contaminants (quite possible due to the Delhi-Diu-Delhi drive). He clayed the entire windshield.

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-24img_0048.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-25img_0049.jpg

After the completion:

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-18img_0041.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-20img_0043.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-21img_0044.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-23img_0046.jpg

Perfect finish with the wrap
Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-26img_0050.jpg

Result:
Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-19img_0042.jpg

Final comparison pic:

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-10img_0029.jpg
Biraj is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 23:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)

Biraj, was this done on Saturday, August 24, 2013? I actually passed by this place at about 1830 hrs or so and I think it was your ride I saw parked inside their premises.

Probably the only Professional Detailing Setup in Delhi (Geographical Limits), correct me if wrong.

Further, they place Ecosport in High End Sedan | SUV Category which also includes Duster, Audi Q3 & A4, BMW 3 Series etc. Their price brackets aren't in sync with the 'Area to Detail', consider this that it is cheaper to detail an Accord, Superb or a Passat than an Ecosport or an A4. The former have larger areas (length wise) to detail than the latter. I hope they rectify it.

Wonderful information here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3180632

Further, how does the Wrap Help? And is that Carbon Fibre Pattern?

Last edited by tsk13 : 29th August 2013 at 00:04.
Old 29th August 2013, 00:17   #3
Senior - BHPian

What was the total damage for the same?

I cross them everyday on my way to work and wonder one day i will stop and inquire, however it never happened.

Last edited by nitinralli : 29th August 2013 at 00:18.
Old 29th August 2013, 01:06   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Biraj, was this done on Saturday, August 24, 2013? I actually passed by this place at about 1830 hrs or so and I think it was your ride I saw parked inside their premises.
Indeed, that must have been my car. After 6 PM, there were only two cars inside, one was mine and other was a red Jag XJL. It would have been good to catch up with you. I might go again next week with my T-jet.

Quote:
Further, they place Ecosport in High End Sedan | SUV Category which also includes Duster, Audi Q3 & A4, BMW 3 Series etc. Their price brackets aren't in sync with the 'Area to Detail', consider this that it is cheaper to detail an Accord, Superb or a Passat than an Ecosport or an A4. The former have larger areas (length wise) to detail than the latter. I hope they rectify it.
Good point, I just noticed that detailing an Innova will be more expensive than Q3. Perhaps, it has something to with the interior space. Didn't explore their pricing strategy but what I do know is that they don't do interior detailing on cars with fabric seats. They only detail leather seats.

Quote:
Further, how does the Wrap Help? And is that Carbon Fibre Pattern?
All Punto owners will agree that maintaining that plastic part near the hood is a pain. It fades within a few hours of polishing. So I wanted to get the wrap done. 3M store at Ahmedabad messed it up but S&S guys have restored it.

Yes, it is Carbon Fibre Pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
What was the total damage for the same?

I cross them everyday on my way to work and wonder one day i will stop and inquire, however it never happened.
Not sure about the cost for wrapping as it was covered by 3M in my case. The detailing costs are consistent with what's mentioned in their website - http://steamandshine.in/price_list.html
Biraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 02:23   #5
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 30th August 2013 at 16:22.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   Received Infraction
Old 30th August 2013, 18:48   #6
BHPian

Hi Biraj,

Thanks for sharing this review. I have been waiting for somebody to post their reviews for this place. The place is not very far from where I live and I have been their twice, but on both occasions because the owner was not their, couldnt actually get anything done.

The pricing seems fine to me as well. I generally spend 700 once or twice in a month for getting the car washed and waxed (200 washing, 500 waxing). I wouldnt mind spending 1000 at this place considering they seem to be a much professional outfit.

I just have one query, is their a facility with them where they can wash or clean the underbody of the car as well?

Thanks again.
Regards
Rachit.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 22:44   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I just have one query, is their a facility with them where they can wash or clean the underbody of the car as well?

Thanks again.
Regards
Rachit.
Hi Rachit, I was talking to Anurag when the car was being washed so, missed noticing the under-body wash. They don't have the facility to raise the car through ramp/lift and I didn't notice the under-body cleaning attachment in their pressure washer. So, not sure if they wash the under-body. A fellow BHPian from Gurgaon (NewtonMeter) was there with his Vento for wash&wax. It's of the same shade as yours. If you know him, you might want to check with him. I saw his car after the work had been done and it looked very good.

Cheers,
Biraj
Old 31st August 2013, 14:20   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
I might go again next week with my T-jet.

Splendid! Which is the date please? I am back from my vacation and have so much to do! Those "vandal marks", the big A somewhere and the hood scratches: are they completely gone now?

About the swirls: have they been hidden/masked using a glaze or truly removed? Do they have specific recommendations for maintaining what they have rendered, for say, 6-8 months? I need to see the car....!

The "beyond the call of duty" part is impressive! For the wax part: is it manually applied or machined on?

And whats up for retail sales like, compounds, waxes, sugar, spice, everything nice...???
(I heard they were Meg's authorized; if you remember him saying, Kiran the 3M/Megs sales head in NCR, during the Fiat meet)

[Ahhh...just remembered, did you take care of the monkey business ? I mean Neils' roof...?]

Last edited by lapis_lazuli : 31st August 2013 at 14:25.
lapis_lazuli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2013, 21:16   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
Splendid! Which is the date please? I am back from my vacation and have so much to do! Those "vandal marks", the big A somewhere and the hood scratches: are they completely gone now?
Will call you and take you along. The big A has completely vanished. The scratch on the hood has vanished to a great extent (only I can see it). The deep scratches on the boot are still there but lighter than before.

Quote:
About the swirls: have they been hidden/masked using a glaze or truly removed?
Completely removed using a Meguiar's compound. Don't remember which one (either diamond or ultimate or something like that).

Quote:
For the wax part: is it manually applied or machined on?
It was applied by machine. They apply the wax (they call it sealant but it felt more like wax than sealant) and then let it haze for a long time (20-30 minutes) and then buff it off. The finish was amazing.

Quote:
And whats up for retail sales like, compounds, waxes, sugar, spice, everything nice...???
They have Meg products (glass cleaner, shampoo, spray wax, etc) on display in the waiting lounge. I am sure they sell it too. I didn't ask because I already have more than enough.

Quote:
[Ahhh...just remembered, did you take care of the monkey business? I mean Neils' roof...?]
It's finally done. Got dry denting done at Khan-market, though it's still slightly visible but not an eyesore anymore. @all - A well-bred monkey jumped onto my car and the roof caved in. (Yeah, I also used to think that Punto has strong built quality.)
Old 31st August 2013, 22:20   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraj View Post
Hi Rachit, I was talking to Anurag when the car was being washed so, missed noticing the under-body wash. They don't have the facility to raise the car through ramp/lift and I didn't notice the under-body cleaning attachment in their pressure washer. So, not sure if they wash the under-body. A fellow BHPian from Gurgaon (NewtonMeter) was there with his Vento for wash&wax. It's of the same shade as yours. If you know him, you might want to check with him. I saw his car after the work had been done and it looked very good. Cheers, Biraj
Thanks Biraj for your comments. Yes Rachit I was there for my blue. The facility is much better than standard washing. Some highlights
- use if high pressure Bosch washer . Also this machine has as twisting nozzle which can reach those tight corners/ alloys etched
- staff is caring and well trained. I always judge a cleaner by how he take cares about his ornaments like watches/rings/bands if any during washing. The staff was careful about that
- use of good quality microfiber and meguirs products. Though I used my own products. (UPPP and UPGP ) while ppl we're working on my exterior, I was cleaning my interiors with APC.
- 1000 package includes water wash ( no underbody as there is no ramp) glass cleaning, waxing,tyre dressing, wheel well dressing, plastic dressing. Anuraag was nice enough to do vacuuming for me too.
- post washing, car was moved to inside facility with good lighting for dust free waxing

Low points
- no shampoo included , only water wash
- no engine bay cleaning, strictly not included
- no specialized cleaner used for alloys
- silver package earlier included steam wash which is not the case any more ( blame it on diesel prices)
- 1000 rs seemed steep for such a service
- no sealant application

If you really want to use steam and shine services I suggest you engage them for gold package upwards which includes swirl removal compounding etc. this means once a 6 month to 1 year visit only. Cost 4-5k for vento ( this still doesn't include interior conditioning)

The most vfm package is the opti coat package which includes best of all packages exterior , interior, compounding, leather conditioning etc PLUS opti coat permanent clear coat coating. This package is 15k and you are good for at least 2 years

Adding a pic of the result

Hope this helps

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-image2797737701.jpg
newtonMeter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:13   #11
BHPian

So Finally after reading positive reviews for the place I decided to give it try. I anyways was itching to try this place because its proximity to my house makes it ideal for regular maintenance of the car.

Since I knew that they dont have any facility for underbody cleaning, I took my car early in the morning to a regular wash center, got it washed and then called the owner Anurag. He said the shop opens at 10 and they would be able to entertain me. It was already 10 so I told them I will be there in 15 minutes. I wanted to meet the owner as well to discuss some detailing stuff and he confirmed he will be there at the shop by 11:30.

I reached the place, the staff was there and I told them I have a reservation and they acknowledged.

Package Chosen: Silver (1000 Rs for Entry Level Sedan. Vento is in Entry Level Sedan)

I think on the website the plan mentions following items:
Steam Wash
Tyre Detailing
Waxing

Actual jobs performed.
Wash: (Only water, no Shampoo)
Steam wash: (Not the entire car, but almost 90% of it. They did steam clean for some of the hard to reach areas like logos, Door joints and stuff.
Alloy Cleaning; They used some product to clean the alloys and it seemed to work. The alloys looked a lot better after that.
Waxing: Once the car was washed, it was brought inside and the room is really nice with tubelights everywhere (White Light) which is supposed to accentuate the imperfections on the paint. The wax was applied with a machine.
Glass Cleaning: They used Meguirs clear glass I think to clean all the glasses from inside and outside and it made a huge difference.
Interior Vaccum: Altough didnt require it, as the car was clean from inside but still asked them to do a light clean.
Arm Rest clean with Colin: While vaccuming he applied a patch of colin with a toothbrush on the Front Armrest. He only cleaned a patch of it and then I requested him to clean both front and rear armrests. He hesitated initially and I said I am ready to pay extra for that. He then accepted and cleaned both the armrests. Made a huge difference again and while biliing they didnt ask me for extra money
Buffing: The car was buffed after about 45 mins of applying wax with a Micro Fibre
Alloys & Mudflaps Polished.

What I really liked about the place is attention to details. This is one place only till now where I didnt have to point to anything and say that it needs attention and that is saying a lot because I clean my car myself sometimes and I know all the tougher areas.

Overall absolutely worth it atleats in my eyes. I would be visiting them atleast a month for this silver package. The owner was a fairly nice guy as well. He was honest in accepting that there is nothing that can save my car from the torture my car cleaner does to it.
And he said you should come here once a month and we will have coffee together.

Some nice touches, if you ask for a glass of water they give you a sealed packed small bisleri bottle. They have an airconditioned room with sofas as well for you to relax and see your car getting pampered from the glass wall. He had 4 scale models as well, 3 of them Lambos although not in a very nice condition.

Some Pics:
Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-new-image4.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-new-image5.jpg

Professional Detailing – Steam and Shine (New Delhi)-new-image7.jpg

Last edited by Rachit.K.Dogra : 3rd September 2013 at 20:14.
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:22   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
So Finally after reading positive reviews for the place I decided to give it try. I anyways was itching to try this place because its proximity to my house makes it ideal for regular maintenance of the car. Since I knew that they dont have any facility for underbody cleaning, I took my car early in the morning to a regular wash center, got it washed and then called the owner Anurag. He said the shop opens at 10 and they would be able to entertain me. It was already 10 so I told them I will be there in 15 minutes. I wanted to meet the owner as well to discuss some detailing stuff and he confirmed he will be there at the shop by 11:30. I reached the place, the staff was there and I told them I have a reservation and they acknowledged. Package Chosen: Silver (1000 Rs for Entry Level Sedan. Vento is in Entry Level Sedan) I think on the website the plan mentions following items: Steam Wash Tyre Detailing Waxing Actual jobs performed. Wash: (Only water, no Shampoo) Steam wash: (Not the entire car, but almost 90% of it. They did steam clean for some of the hard to reach areas like logos, Door joints and stuff. Alloy Cleaning; They used some product to clean the alloys and it seemed to work. The alloys looked a lot better after that. Waxing: Once the car was washed, it was brought inside and the room is really nice with tubelights everywhere (White Light) which is supposed to accentuate the imperfections on the paint. The wax was applied with a machine. Glass Cleaning: They used Meguirs clear glass I think to clean all the glasses from inside and outside and it made a huge difference. Interior Vaccum: Altough didnt require it, as the car was clean from inside but still asked them to do a light clean. Arm Rest clean with Colin: While vaccuming he applied a patch of colin with a toothbrush on the Front Armrest. He only cleaned a patch of it and then I requested him to clean both front and rear armrests. He hesitated initially and I said I am ready to pay extra for that. He then accepted and cleaned both the armrests. Made a huge difference again and while biliing they didnt ask me for extra money Buffing: The car was buffed after about 45 mins of applying wax with a Micro Fibre Alloys & Mudflaps Polished. What I really liked about the place is attention to details. This is one place only till now where I didnt have to point to anything and say that it needs attention and that is saying a lot because I clean my car myself sometimes and I know all the tougher areas. Overall absolutely worth it atleats in my eyes. I would be visiting them atleast a month for this silver package. The owner was a fairly nice guy as well. He was honest in accepting that there is nothing that can save my car from the torture my car cleaner does to it. And he said you should come here once a month and we will have coffee together. Some nice touches, if you ask for a glass of water they give you a sealed packed small bisleri bottle. They have an airconditioned room with sofas as well for you to relax and see your car getting pampered from the glass wall. He had 4 scale models as well, 3 of them Lambos although not in a very nice condition. Some Pics:
Nice! Let's know when you going next

Steam wash was skipped for me :(
Old 3rd September 2013, 20:49   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
Nice! Let's know when you going next

Steam wash was skipped for me :(
Sure Sir. We can fix up the next time and will try to negotiate to get some more services in the package.

I would also like to know more about you experience with the car and your detailing experiences.

CHEERS.
Rachit
Old 27th September 2013, 20:01   #14
BHPian

I was looking for this kind of service in Delhi NCR and finally found it. I am Planning to take my 6 month old Pepper Grey Vento. Still thinking that for which package i should opt for(1000 or 4500).Can you guys recommend?
Old 27th September 2013, 20:26   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet1712 View Post
I was looking for this kind of service in Delhi NCR and finally found it. I am Planning to take my 6 month old Pepper Grey Vento. Still thinking that for which package i should opt for(1000 or 4500).Can you guys recommend?
I think depends on the state of your car. If not too bad ( no swirls/ minor scratches ) go for 1000 else just go for the opti coat 15k package and forget for an year or two

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks