Team-BHP - Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Delhi NCR (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/)
-   -   Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/delhi-ncr/144141-car-detailing-3m-car-care-gurgaon-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodred (Post 3307728)
V
b) Competitive pricing - 490 plus taxes for car wash and 1490 plus taxes for interiors (against this I've paid 600 for wash and 2100 for 3M interior mtreatment at Skoda dealer with much inferior job quality). These rates are for the "large sized cars". Services for "mid size" and "small size" segments are priced lower.

How was the quality of work w.r.t. interior cleaning? What all did they do? Thats a very competitive price. Steam and shine quotes 3500 Rs for the same for my Innova which needs an interior cleaning job desparately.\

Did you book an appointment before?

Mohit- Do check out Retro Rraps. They are located opposite Sultanpur Metro Station. And are pretty reasonable too. Ask Sameer for a referral. The owner there is a BHP'ian too. Smokin' something guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by devilwearsprada (Post 3307805)
Mohit- Do check out Retro Rraps. They are located opposite Sultanpur Metro Station. And are pretty reasonable too. Ask Sameer for a referral. The owner there is a BHP'ian too. Smokin' something guy.

But isn't 3M much more reputed?

PS: Can I have a copy of the pics without processing?

Quote:

Originally Posted by drmohitg (Post 3307784)
How was the quality of work w.r.t. interior cleaning? What all did they do? Thats a very competitive price. Steam and shine quotes 3500 Rs for the same for my Innova which needs an interior cleaning job desparately.\

Did you book an appointment before?

The above mentioned price is for classic package, which to my mind is good enough. More expensive are germcleen & germcleen plus packages, which claim 99% germ removal. Even they are less than 3k IIRC. I was sure germs will creep back in a day so didn't go for them. IMHO Classic package does the job if you are looking for clean interiors and don't fall for fancy words.

The quality of work is very good and haven't found any issue so far. Four guys each occupied a seat and worked on interiors for 2.5 hours. Cleaned every nook and corner including seats, dash board, side panels, glove box, cubby holes, even seat belts etc. The work was done professionally using 3M cleaning material. Electronics like window switches, cabin lights, door speakers etc were masked. The owner personally checked the quality of work and pointed out 2 small marks that they couldn't remove despite trying their best. In my earlier post, I missed mentioning that I have fabric seats, but I don't think they have a different pricing for leather.

Further, I came back and applied a coat of wax to exterior. Couldn't find any area that they could have missed in washing.

On Steam n Shine, I'd gone there with a friend for new car treatment and found them rushing through to quickly finish the job. All of it was done out in open as the covered space was being used for a Jaguar. Also, price wise found 3M competitive. If I were in your position, I'd go to 3M.

To answer your second query, I did not book an appointment. They open at 10 am, 7 days a week and you may go there directly. Else the no on the bill is 0124-2396566.

Hope this helps.

So, visited the place yesterday upon good recommendations here. The owner Anurag saw I am a BHP'ian and I gave them NewtonMeter's referral, he immediately recognised the Blue Vento. Thank you Sir!
So, here is my review with the pictures :-

1. Staff- The staff is courteous and hardworking to say the least. They put in enough time in the car. The security guard was courteous too and sow was the manager, owner and the helpers. Aamir and folks did a pretty good job on the car!

2. Selling - This is one of the major points for any outlet for any needs. I enter with flip flops just to check out whether they are respectful for the customer and their car or not. And, the situation is a mixed. This is the general trend in Gurgaon especially, they lack common respect towards the not-so-rich and simple customers. Though they offer good service, but when they know the customer is not accepting their hard selling, they generally move on. And 3M's no different. From the moment I entered, they were hard selling all products, asking me to get the interior done along with the exterior. Asking me to remove the vinyl and put on their 1080 vinyl and have my car PPF'ed. Its a little difficult, because I asked for a simple foam wash!

In the meanwhile, the owner also pressed for getting my other cars detailed, if I have any. And to top it up, he moved frustated when my central lock sound beeped on lock or unlocks which is pretty disheartening to say the least!

Packages and VFM: They are VFM when it comes to their foam wash. I checked the whole wash myself. And, their error margin was pretty narrow. They did their work in the right pace, and upto 4 guys did my car. Everything, from Washing to Engine Degreasing to Vaccuming to Pressure Wash, Tyre and Glass dressing was perfect!

For the other packages I found them a little pricey, you are better off with Motor Concepts or Retro for detailing. Their interiors are really pricey! I was quoted 1200 for AC Duct Cleaning which I found pricey considering Steam wash can clean that.

However, the Foam Wash is absolutely VFM and pretty good!

Would I recommend them? - For the Foam Wash yes! For the others, its upon you. They do hardsell a lot infact. However they do their job right, if you are intelligent enough, choose the packages wisely. One amazing part was the provision of a paper carrying bag for the stuff that was in the car!

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_006.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_007.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_008.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_009.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_010.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_011.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_012.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_013.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_015.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-wp_20131216_017.jpg

so here was I again visiting the 3M car care Gurgaon. As my blue wind had gone through some rough road on our year end trip to bharatpur and back, i opted for foam wash+basic wax package which costed around 1100 inclusive all taxes.

The whole process is explained below

1. Condition before starting treatment
Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0689.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0688.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0686.jpg

2. Foam wash

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0690.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0691.jpg

Attention to detail : Staff ensuring that the the hose is not touching the body to avoid any scratches

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0693.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0692.jpg

3. Sponge Rub

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0696.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0697.jpg

4. Pressure Wash

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0699.jpg

5. Waxing and buffing

Product used : 3M basic show car paste wax (carnuba base). You can opt for synthetic wax with higher durability for an additional 300 rupees

Link Here

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0700.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0701.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0703.jpg

6. End Results

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0704.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0705.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0706.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0707.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0708.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0709.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0710.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0711.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-img_0712.jpg

Took the Innova finally to 3M outlet and got the interiors cleaned. Since I was there and the car was pretty dirty so also got the foam wash done. Total damage was 2400 Rs. The quality of work and attention to detail was excellent. The interiors were like literally black since the car is now more than 7 years old and has never got pampered. luckily for me it was a rainy day here and 3M didn't have too many customers owning to that. So it took almost 8 workers 3 hours to transform the car into close to showroom condition. Money well spent. Totally worth the money. Will be taking the BMW for a foam wash too this weekend. Some pictures that I took during the foam wash:

Dropped in today for a Foam Wash at Gurgaon Center .

Work done by 3M Care is commendable, attention to detail is simply superb.

Thanks to Anurag and Gagandeep for the guidance.

Various packages were offered, however did not take any as my car is due for annual denting painting work.

Pricing and Packages varies on size of the Car.

All this at a price of INR 438 Incl all taxes.

Absolute value for money and highly recommended.

Below are some pictures to do the talking

Before Work Started

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-start.jpg

Engine Bay Cleaning in Progress

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-engine_bay.jpg

First Wash

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-first_wash.jpg

Foaming Begins

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-foaming_begins.jpg

Snow Covered Mountain clap:

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-snow_covered.jpg

Shining Star

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-shining_star.jpg

Front View

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-front_view.jpg

Side View

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-side_view.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by nidhin0816 (Post 3357963)
Below are some pictures to do the talking

:thumbs up

The swift looks even more beautiful in white man, you having a very nice looking car. Awesome set of alloys buddy, good choice clap:. Improves the stance of the car.

I agree with the 3M workmanship, they are too good with fine eye for detailing. No complaints with them till date.

Also can you post the picture of the engine bay after the cleaning? BTW, how old is your car?

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3358394)
:thumbs up

Also can you post the picture of the engine bay after the cleaning? BTW, how old is your car?

Anurag.

Car is 4.4 Years old.

Engine bay Pic below post cleaning.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-engine_bay.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by nidhin0816 (Post 3358549)
Car is 4.4 Years old.

Engine bay Pic below post cleaning.

Thank you Nidhin for the picture. Are you facing any issue after the engine cleaning?

If I am not wrong that is the engine degreasing that hey carry out, right?!

Anurag.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a4anurag (Post 3358553)
Thank you Nidhin for the picture. Are you facing any issue after the engine cleaning?

If I am not wrong that is the engine degreasing that hey carry out, right?!

Anurag.

Yes, You're correct its the Engine De-greasing.

Car has done 60kms post this, no issues noticed/nothing abnormal

Took my BMW to 3M yesterday and opted for there annual exterior detailing pack. Got the first foam wash and wax done on my car yesterday. Here is the final result:

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-1795752_10153806886535133_2092238458_n.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-1948123_10153806888245133_1212443821_n.jpg

The rest of the pics from the session can be found in my thread here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3370731

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtonMeter (Post 3336110)
so here was I again visiting the 3M car care Gurgaon. As my blue wind had gone through some rough road on our year end trip to bharatpur and back, i opted for foam wash+basic wax package which costed around 1100 inclusive all taxes.

Hey,

Looking to get my Vento detailed, read your experience with 3M as well as SnS, which one would you recommend out of the two for an extensive interior and external detailing job including the engine bay?

Thanks!

PS: your Vento looks as good as new in the pictures, very well kept :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by madnish30 (Post 3379792)
Hey,

Looking to get my Vento detailed, read your experience with 3M as well as SnS, which one would you recommend out of the two for an extensive interior and external detailing job including the engine bay?

Thanks!

PS: your Vento looks as good as new in the pictures, very well kept :)

3M for value for money. SnS is too expensive in my opinion. SnS owner doesn't even give you pressure steam wash in the basic wash package which costs 1000. The reason he quotes is that the kracher pressure wash uses diesel to run the motor and hence is additional cost for him. Hmm. SnS also give you attention in proportion to the car you drive! 3M on the other end is humble.

the only flip side to 3m is too much cross selling/up selling. That you can just avoid politely.

go for 3M. When are you planning? if its next month we can co-ordinate as i will be going in for my bi-annual compounding session