Team-BHP > Team-BHP Directory > Delhi NCR
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2016, 12:22   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)

I have been using the 3M Gurgaon unit for the last 2 years on all 4 of our family cars. The quality and service is very good and timely. On 3 of the 4 cars I have pre-paid coupons which allows me to send the car with a driver without my having to go there to pay. It costs a bit but worth it.
Old 29th September 2016, 11:22   #77
BHPian

I enquired 3M for the underbody rubber coating for my Sx4. There were 2 rates provided to me 1) Rs 2,000 (this will last for 2 years) 2) 5,000 (material lasts for 5 years).

Just want to know, is there a significant difference between the 2 options?
Old 30th September 2016, 17:52   #78
BHPian

Hello Rachit

Get Duragloss 905 Car Wash Concentrate Packet from bringingbest.in , as this shampoo doesn't wash away the wax .

http://bringingbest.in/index.php?rou...product_id=117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I am pretty regular there. The wax they use is on the softer side so it does not last very long.
Also, local boy washing the car everyday will reduce the wax effect for any polish. Some might last 2 weeks.

My car stays covered under a cover and I use the Jopasu duster to dust it. Even then the shine does not last for more than 2 weeks. Gurgaon is very dusty. Honestly so far I have not seen any polish lasting more than 3 weeks on my car. I have used Colinite 845, Meguiars Ultimate wax, Chemical brothers black light and what not.

This is a continuous fight that I guess we will have to keep fighting.

Rachit
Old 30th September 2016, 22:12   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hello Rachit

Get Duragloss 905 Car Wash Concentrate Packet from bringingbest.in , as this shampoo doesn't wash away the wax .

http://bringingbest.in/index.php?rou...product_id=117
Cool. Thank you sir.
Will try and get it and then will take along when getting the car washed.
Old 13th October 2016, 14:29   #80
Senior - BHPian

Guys, have they stopped doing foam wash these days? I called up and asked for UV protect treatment and they said they would be doing water-less wash. Is that different from foam wash?
My car is way too dirty as i just drove back from Mumbai hence wanted to have it either steam or pressure washed. But the guy said that it would be fine with water-less wash.

Do you guys think UV treatment would be fine in order to get it cleaned properly?
Old 21st October 2016, 18:26   #81
BHPian

Guys, my Ciaz have completed one year - looking for some polish/shine/waxing/swirl removal work done on it ( The car had a coating of 100plus Waxoyl sealent applied a year back). Apart from 3M, any other known detailer who can work on this ?

Second question, interiors being beige in color, any dry cleaning outlet someone is aware who can take the seats out, and give a carpet a good rub ? Roof and Doors are done by anyone in this business - but I am looking specifically for carpet area. I have seen this kind of service in Delhi near Karol Bagh - but looking for something similar in Gurgaon.
Old 3rd January 2017, 21:33   #82
Distinguished - BHPian

Has the 3m rate list been updated lately? Any idea what are the current charges for a foam wash for C or D segment sedan?
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:05   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Has the 3m rate list been updated lately? Any idea what are the current charges for a foam wash for C or D segment sedan?
I mean I don't have a very recent update, plus generally I don't get the wash only done, I get their wash and wax (UV) package done on my car. The rate for that has been the same for the last 1 year.

The charges for wash should be around 480-500 Rs.

Regards

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 23:32   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
I mean I don't have a very recent update, plus generally I don't get the wash only done, I get their wash and wax (UV) package done on my car. The rate for that has been the same for the last 1 year.

The charges for wash should be around 480-500 Rs.

Regards

Rachit
And how much do you pay for the wash and wax?
Old 4th January 2017, 00:48   #85
BHPian

Quote:
And how much do you pay for the wash and wax?
For the Vento, it is around 1320 or something including taxes.

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 12:55   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Mohit. Not the Gurgaon outlet but the same owner owns onther one in South Delhi where i got my XUV washed and waxed for 1500 (all inclusive). It was a water-less wash with UV protection wax. Not to mention super duper job they did.
Heres some before and after pics. This wash was done after 4000 kms trip from Delhi to Mumbai Pune etc.

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1394.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1395.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1396.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1397.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1400.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1401.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1402.jpg

Car Detailing - 3M Car Care (Gurgaon)-imag1403.jpg
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 21:12   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Hi Mohit. Not the Gurgaon outlet but the same owner owns onther one in South Delhi where i got my XUV washed and waxed for 1500 (all inclusive). It was a water-less wash with UV protection wax. Not to mention super duper job they did.
Heres some before and after pics. This wash was done after 4000 kms trip from Delhi to Mumbai Pune etc.

Attachment 1605175
Although these waterless washes are good, they lack the underbody wash and they miss certain areas and leave smudge marks, atleast in my experience at 3M Sultanpur.
Old 7th February 2017, 22:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Although these waterless washes are good, they lack the underbody wash and they miss certain areas and leave smudge marks, atleast in my experience at 3M Sultanpur.
True that. I went there thinking they would have same foam wash like in gurgaon however due to some delhi rules they couldn't do it hence waterless wash. Apart from under body everything else was clean and shinning.
Old 24th February 2017, 01:48   #89
BHPian

Went to this outlet to get PPF done on my door handle inserts. Slightly disappointing experience.
1. They were doing some repairing on the shutter so all their staff of about 8-10 people including the manager/floor guy were standing outside while there was one car inside for foam wash and no one was attending to it.
2. The manager approached after 5 minutes and said "PPF guy isn't there today, come tomorrow if you can". Sort of surprised since the people who do wrap do the PPF and on top of that it was a working day afternoon.
3. Out of the 3 times I have been here, once the owner was bummed out with a power steering leak from my car, once they left water spots on the windshield, and the third time they didn't have anybody to provide the service.

Big thumbs down from my side.
Old 24th February 2017, 03:05   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
Went to this outlet to get PPF done on my door handle inserts. Slightly disappointing experience.
1. They were doing some repairing on the shutter so all their staff of about 8-10 people including the manager/floor guy were standing outside while there was one car inside for foam wash and no one was attending to it.
2. The manager approached after 5 minutes and said "PPF guy isn't there today, come tomorrow if you can". Sort of surprised since the people who do wrap do the PPF and on top of that it was a working day afternoon.
3. Out of the 3 times I have been here, once the owner was bummed out with a power steering leak from my car, once they left water spots on the windshield, and the third time they didn't have anybody to provide the service.

Big thumbs down from my side.
From what I know about them, they have 1 specific guy who does the wrapping and PPF installs. If I remember correctly, tuesday is his off day. I guess for these 2 things, it will be advisable to get an appointment before going. Also since they can generally only do 1 car at a time for wrap or PPF, it is best to take an appointment beforehand in my experience.

Rachit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks